• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

French prosecutors said on Saturday that three coordinated teams of gunmen and suicide bombers carried out a wave of attacks across Paris that killed 129 people in what President Francois Hollande called an "act of war" by Islamic State.

Hollande declared a state of emergency, ordering police and troops into the streets, and set three days of official mourning as a stunned nation sought to comprehend the simultaneous assault on restaurants, a concert hall and the national soccer stadium on a busy Friday evening.

As a cross-border investigation gathered pace, prosecutors said the slaughter - claimed by Islamic State as revenge for French military action in Syria and Iraq - appeared to involve a multinational team with links to the Middle East, Belgium and possibly Germany as well as home-grown French roots.

Ominously, Greek officials said one and perhaps two of the assailants had passed through Greece from Turkey alongside Syrian refugees fleeing violence in their homeland.

In the worst carnage, three gunmen systematically killed at least 89 people at a rock concert by an American band at the Bataclan theater before detonating explosive belts as anti-terrorist commandos launched an assault, officials said.

Some 40 more people were killed in five other attacks in the Paris region, including a double suicide bombing outside the Stade de France stadium, where Hollande and the German foreign minister were watching a soccer international. By Saturday night, 99 people were still in critical condition.

The bloodshed came as France, a founder member of the U.S.-led coalition waging air strikes against Islamic State, was already on high alert for terrorist attacks, raising questions about how such a complex conspiracy could go undetected.

It was the worst such attack in Europe since the Madrid train bombings of 2004, in which Islamists killed 191 people.
http://news.yahoo.com/dozens-killed-attacks-paris-hollande-declares-emergency-001406490.html#

CTuBA4ZWIAAlhO4.jpg

https://twitter.com/Vince66240/status/665267239948566528

Volimar

I heard about this and thought it was a hooligan related thing at first. Then I heard about deaths and kalashnikovs.

Stay safe Paris GAF.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Grenades? Holy fuck.

And AK's. Doubt this is just your every day criminal-on-criminal shit.

Then again, the Hell's Angels have been know to use grenades before.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Sounds stupid, but if France is anything like England, a football ground would be about the safest place to be. All bags are checked on entry, no liquids allowed in.

My former firm-member buddy from Cornwall told me some fucking stories though man. But I guess a lot of that takes place outside the actual stadium?

FeD.nL

Grenades? Holy fuck.

And AK's. Doubt this is just your every day criminal-on-criminal shit.

Then again, the Hell's Angels have been know to use grenades before.

This is seems organized. Stade de France and Place the Republique aren't really next to each other.

My former firm-member buddy from Cornwall told me some fucking stories though man. But I guess a lot of that takes place outside the actual stadium?

All organised firm stuff takes place outside the stadium these days (in the UK). Clubs ban people on the first offence, and those bans are enforced.

If it's multiple shootings at different locations, it sounds like terrorism. But gang violence in Europe has involved AKs and grenades over the past years also.

Jezbollah

2 dead, 7 injured.

One shooting near Goncourt. Potential another location under investigation

EDIT: Location near Stade De France. French president has been relocated from the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom