• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyFog

2 casualties in an act of terrorism sounds weird though, if you're a terrorist aiming to kill as many as possible and you have an ak-47 in a crowded location like that I'd assume you'd make more victims

2 casualties in an act of terrorism sounds weird though, if you're a terrorist aiming to kill as many as possible and you have an ak-47 in a crowded location like that I'd assume you'd make more victims

Situation is really confused now. There is probably more than 2 victims.

smurfx

get some go again
I suppose it makes sense to keep playing to prevent a panic in the stadium, but man...
it's probably not a good idea to allow thousands of people to leave the stadium with possible shooters out there looking for a crowd to shoot at.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah. Game is still being played, nothing unusual happening and the commentator hasn't mentioned anything yet.

Game finishes in 30 minutes

German commentator has talked about it and the French president left the Stadium to attend to this Event.

Abounder

Banned
Grenades? Holy fuck.

And AK's. Doubt this is just your every day criminal-on-criminal shit.

Then again, the Hell's Angels have been know to use grenades before.

Wouldn't be surprised if the explosives came from a French army base that was raided in July:
Explosives stolen from French army base

Theft of explosives, detonators and grenades from Miramas site comes despite increased security after attack on Lyon chemical plant last month

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/07/explosives-stolen-from-french-army-base

RIP. Hope the situation stabilizes quickly

Piggus

If the BBC's reports are accurate, it sounds like there will be more than that... But it's too early to know for sure.

Vice

Being accurate is difficult. Hopefully the attacker was a terrible shot and it's just the two, but there could be unreported victims.

Ochibi

There is a periscope where you can hear the shooting. I'm near Paris (suburb) and I'm so scared for my friends living there.

Apparently, 12 people dead at Rue de Charonne

skynidas

Banned
this is bad. i have friends in paris telling me that they are still hearing gunshots and there's an important amount of people wounded. my friends are holed up in a bar waiting for shit to stop

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
There is a periscope where you can hear the shooting. I'm near Paris (suburb) and I'm so scared for my friends living there.

Apparently, 12 people dead at Rue de Charonne

Jesus...And that's only in one area!?

Kimaxe

Shooting at the Bataclan while there was a gig, several casualties, not confirmed yet since it's happening right now. Source I-télé

Fucking hell, Twitter's abuzz with stories about multiple parties of gunmen roaming the streets.

Hope anyone reading this in Paris is staying safe.

G.ZZZ

Not again. I can't stand this. I feel like it's always in France too.

Well no shit.

And this is while France is the only country in europe where equality is actually decreasing and work is being done to fight poverty. But after this? Shit will get so much worse. The next government will make the current far right like a bunch of commies.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Fucking hell, Twitter's abuzz with stories about multiple parties of gunmen roaming the streets.

Hope anyone reading this in Paris is staying safe.

Wow. So this is a large scale, multiple person co-ordinated attack. I tried the periscope feed but I don't speak French so I couldn't understand what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom