• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Banned
Extremely shameful behavior but maybe still needs some clarification.
The (majority of the) fans were booing because there was no minute of silence for the victims of the terror attacks in Ankara last month despite several friendlies, qualification games, etc. days after the attack.

Just a guess.....

Perhaps the disdain comes from the lack of global support for the terrorist attacks in Turkey?

No silence for them, media spotlight or social media response.
This. The claims that chants of Allah akbar were heard is just over exagerartion as always. There is no audio or video evidence showing that

Seriously? Wow

Welcome to the European Union... right.

They're booing Western double standards.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-not-a-mark-of-disrespect-claim-a6738741.html

Where is all this solidarity when ISIS bombs killed 102 people in Ankara last month? Russian plane bomb? Or whenever ISIS kills innocent people in the Middle East?

Tobinishi

Apparently they chanted "Allahu Akbar" too. What lovely people.

Actually, they're chanting "Sehitler olmez, vatan bolunmez." Which means "Martyrs never die, the nation won't be divided." This is a common slogan thrown in remembrance of Turkish soldiers who fell victim to terrorism. In Turkey, there is rarely a minute of silence that isn't interrupted by this chant. Whether its a minute of silence for a Turkish catastrophe, or something else that happened globally, this always happens.

More quotes on the topic here:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-not-a-mark-of-disrespect-claim-a6738741.html

The (majority of the) fans were booing because there was no minute of silence for the victims of the terror attacks in Ankara last month despite several friendlies, qualification games, etc. days after the attack.

Didnt a turkish gaf said previously in this thread that they booed during the minutes of silence for Ankara too? (of course not exactly the same people)

Aklamarth

Tobinishi said:

That (kind of) makes sense. Same thing with Beirut i guess. There was no moment of silence anywhere for that.

Chariot

You couldn't possibly know either way
But maybe the USA does.
Use of torture and other illegal methods is a poor technique that yields unreliable results, may damage subsequent collection efforts, and can induce the source to say that he thinks the interrogator wants to hear.
Field Manual 34-52 Intelligence Interrogation, chapter 1, page 9

Angel_DvA

At least Wembley did England and France proud.

That complete silence was very moving.

I admit I shed a tear yesterday, a really emotional moment for me, I can't thank enough people for what they did yesterday even if it was a given from English men, You have our undying gratitude for your act of kindness.

Guy.brush

Where is all this solidarity when ISIS bombs killed 102 people in Ankara last month? Russian plane bomb? Or whenever ISIS kills innocent people in the Middle East?

How is it a double standard though?
People in the EU got killed, and the EU showed respect. Canada, Australia, US also showed respect because they have ancient ties with France and lots of other EU member countries.

Ankara, Russian plane down in Arabia, Middle East are not the EU.

azyless

Is there any source for this or is it hearsay as well ?
Because I remember these lovely people doing the exact same during the minute of silence for the Ankara bombings a month ago, so excuse me if I have some doubts.

Where is all this solidarity when ISIS bombs killed 102 people in Ankara last month?

Lol.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
People in the EU got killed, and the EU showed respect. Canada, Australia, US also showed respect because they have ancient ties with France and lots of other EU member countries.

surely you recognise the intellectual dishonesty of that argument? "canada, australia and us showed respect because they have ancient ties to france?" europe has longer ties to turkey, russia and egypt than usa or australia have existed as countries.

Are you joking? What does it matter who is or is not in the EU? Showing solidarity for one tragedy over the other means you have double standards.

And it's not like the West does not have deep ties with Turkey who is a candidate member of EU and member of NATO. Turkey has ties with Europe before America was inhabited by white people.

If you don't show solidarity to Turks don't expect them to show solidarity with you.

Beefy

Are you joking? What does it matter who is or is not in the EU? Showing solidarity for one tragedy over the other means you have double standards.

And it's not like the West does not have deep ties with Turkey who is a candidate member of EU and member of NATO. Turkey has ties with Europe before America was inhabited by white people.

If you don't show solidarity to Turks don't expect them to show solidarity with you.

Still a better way to protest/ show their anger then booing a silence for peole dying. I agree there should have been a silence / more news on the Turkish attacks though.

That makes it really seem like there are some isis supporting assholes among them

Turkey became a highly polarized country in recent years, the country is divided in like 4 camps (seculars, akp supporters, hdp supporters, leftists, nationalists)

That game was played in Konya, the most religious city in Turkey and the heart of AKP.

It was indeed condemned elsewhere
1028330021.jpg

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/2...00-Rally-in-Istanbul-After-Ankara-Attack.html

Turks happy that Kurds were killed by the ruling party. What else is new?

For a guy with a LoGH avatar you have a shallow understanding of the situation in Turkey, it's not all black and white, just keep it to fantasy anime.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/opparis-anonymous-takes-5500-isis-twitter-accounts-24- hours/

Anonymous Takes Down 5,500 ISIS Accounts – 24 Hours After ISIS Called them “Idiots”

I'm skeptical about this but if it's true that would be awesome.

There was a moment of silence for the Ankara bombings at the Turkey/Iceland game in October and the Turkish fans booed then too because not all were sympathetic to the dead who were leftists and pro Kurdish. You ask where is the solidarity when even Turks could not care less about those who died in Ankara. The behaviour of the fans is not defendable.

Hex

Banned

I have seen this popping up on various gaming and nerd feeds but what constitutes an "isis account"?
Do they have certain avatars or something?
I mean I just can not see real accounts and real members being avid social media users.
It is more likely that these are just copycat and idiots who feed and troll much like those that claim to be hackers or part of anonymous and whatnot on twitter.
If true, hey great but again I do not see twitter being a go to for daesh.

Chariot

I have seen this popping up on various gaming and nerd feeds but what constitutes an "isis account"?
Do they have certain avatars or something?
I mean I just can not see real accounts and real members being avid social media users.
It is more likely that these are just copycat and idiots who feed and troll much like those that claim to be hackers or part of anonymous and whatnot on twitter.
If true, hey great but again I do not see twitter being a go to for daesh.
Plus, remember the KKK thing and how they put a lot of innocents on display? I wouldn't trust this without a country full of salt.

There was a moment of silence for the Ankara bombings at the Turkey/Iceland game in October and the Turkish fans booed then too because not all were sympathetic to the dead who were leftists and pro Kurdish. You ask where is the solidarity when even Turks could not care less about those who died in Ankara. The behaviour of the fans is not defendable.

What does the situation in Turkey have to do for you not showing solidarity with Turkey? Turkey-Iceland was not the only international game in October, many more games where played simultaneously. Why was there not a minute silence elsewhere?

Alx

Any update on the raid

It's been over for a while.

Two persons (linked to the Friday attacks) died : the woman who triggered a bomb vest, and a man who was hit by "projectiles" and grenades.
Three persons in the appartment arrested
Four more persons in the immediate area arrested : two hiding in the rubble, the man who was hosting the terrorists and a friend of his.

Five policemen have been lightly wounded.

The raid was targeting Abdelhamid Abaaoud, but there's no confirmation he was in that place.

chugen

What does the situation in Turkey have to do for you not showing solidarity with Turkey? Turkey-Iceland was not the only international game in October, many more games where played simultaneously. Why was there not a minute silence elsewhere?

a defense force for cunts who can't have respect for a minute of silence.

Plus, remember the KKK thing and how they put a lot of innocents on display? I wouldn't trust this without a country full of salt.

They didn't put any innocents on display. The list you're talking about was leaked by someone else in order to discredit Anon's list. If you take a look at the people on the real list, most of them are very obviously connected to the KKK.

Joni

I'm skeptical about this but if it's true that would be awesome.
ISIS won't be hurt by losing their Twitter accounts. They're free to make. It could even be more dangerous as they can no longer fuck up and betray their plans on Twitter like the guy that wanted to release a chemical bomb in London.

Klossen

Banned

What happened to the Kurds in Ankara was tragedy. But unfortunately, Kurds are no strangers to tragedy. And seeing Turkey unable to remember the dead is no surprise. You're asking that people should have a moment of silence for the Kurds killed during the Ankara attack, when Turkey itself is unable to. And now they've yet again disrespected a tragedy by shouting slurs after a terrorist attack. And if there was a moment of solidarity, it sure as hell wouldn't be for Turkey. It would be for the Kurds oppressed in Turkey. I'm also disgusted how you keep referring to the victims as Turks when we're all fully aware they were Kurds.

MilkyJoe

ISIS won't be hurt by losing their Twitter accounts. They're free to make. It could even be more dangerous as they can no longer fuck up and betray their plans on Twitter like the guy that wanted to release a chemical bomb in London.

Story link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom