• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Shoot'em Ups / Shmups / STGs Release Archive

Fancolors

Is RefRain supposed to be a demanding game? I'm trying to play it on my laptop but I can't get anything above 40 fps with a 940m

PantsuJo

Is RefRain supposed to be a demanding game? I'm trying to play it on my laptop but I can't get anything above 40 fps with a 940m

Hm not at all. It can run on a toaster, really. Maybe a bug related to nvidia Gpu? I don't know, it works flawlessy on my Intel iGPU (hd4400)

Momentary

Banned
So I gotta get things updated: Shikigami and Drifting Lands released. Raiden V and Super Xyx need to be added. Graze Counter also got a demo.

Am I missing anything else?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Built my new arcade stick for my Neo Geo setup, but since I don't have the hardware I need for it yet, I figured I might as well test the stick out on my PC and make sure it's operating properly.

So, I tried Blue Revolver for the first time. HOLY SHIT. This game is fucking great.

Momentary

Banned
Sine Mora EX page is up

http://store.steampowered.com/app/606730/Sine_Mora_EX/

header.jpg

An Oath to the Stars page is up

http://store.steampowered.com/app/594820/An_Oath_to_the_Stars/

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Jaleco has been licensing legacy titles for re-releases all over. You forget about the NES, SNES, and Game Boy multicarts coming out this year?

I mean, I know they're doing those, but this is like... weird.

Anyway, I played a bunch more Blue Revolver tonight, and yeah... this game is fucking excellent. It has such a remarkably good feel. This is the kinda game I'd gladly shell out mad bucks for, but it's only $15.

Drive-by recommendation for Monolith, which seems to be flying under-the-radar in general. It being a little on the late side to mention this given its June launch notwithstanding. The roguelite elements are condensed, it understands core shmup fundamentals quite well and the difficulty (while not overly challenging) is in a good / fair spot without going too far down the bullet hell route. Bosses are cool too and the free DLC they've added recently (including a Hard Mode) spices things up sufficiently. Just a charming game all-around, with a solid soundtrack to boot.

ofhnzi.gif

There's an OT on GAF too I suppose, but it's not being used much.

Dinjoralo

Hm not at all. It can run on a toaster, really. Maybe a bug related to nvidia Gpu? I don't know, it works flawlessy on my Intel iGPU (hd4400)

The game has some weird performance issues, for sure. It constantly chugs on my laptop no matter the resolution, while said laptop can run DariusBurst at 1080p with almost no issues. On my beefy desktop, it still gets choppy. Said desktop does have Nvidia, though, so IDK.

Can't wait for Game Tengoku!

Thanks for this link, very useful!

No problem. I went and gave Bullet Soul a try, but no proper resolution options turned that into a quick refund. It's in 3D, there is no good excuse.

Momentary

Banned
https://youtu.be/u1-HvQcBeJM

Full C92 trailer for. Edelweiss.

Rocket Tron around the 15:50 mark

Cockatrice Battle Arena around 17:10

Armed Dragoon around 37:30

Rolling Gunner around 38:00

Metal Mosquit around 39:40

There are probably others in there. I was just skimming through.

Edit: just saw that there was a thread for C92 that also links the trailer's official page with all the games.

Momentary

Banned
I'll be making some updates to the lists today. Seems like there have been a ton of decent shmups released on PC in the last few weeks that haven't got any notoriety. I'll get things updated in the original post later tonight.

PantsuJo

I'll be making some updates to the lists today. Seems like there have been a ton of decent shmups released on PC in the last few weeks that haven't got any notoriety. I'll get things updated in the original post later tonight.
Thank you!

Tain

Senkou no Ronde 2 is out now btw

It rules cuz it's SnR. PC port could be better because it's capped at 1080p.

Top Bottom