• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

I'm confused. I thought the Ocean Marketing thing was an outside thing, like hired by the controller add-on makers. That message makes it seem like he is in support of that Paul guy. I mean, if I was the company that made the product and a Douche caused a PR nightmare I'd distance myself from them as much as I can, not side with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the pr guy controlled the main twitter account.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit some users on reddit found the guys myspace page and this made me laugh my ass off

l.jpg

XD

Pennywise got told by Penny Arcade.

I'm confused. I thought the Ocean Marketing thing was an outside thing, like hired by the controller add-on makers. That message makes it seem like he is in support of that Paul guy. I mean, if I was the company that made the product and a Douche caused a PR nightmare I'd distance myself from them as much as I can, not side with them.

He handles their marketing and social media. He is in control of their twitter account. That's how these types of businesses are run. That tweet was written by Paul.

Septimius

Seriously, it seems this guy has some severe problems concerning his way of dealing with his aggressions.

The best part is that he re-tweeted someone calling him unprofessional, just to call him unprofessional in return. Hahaha.

EDIT: apparently the twitter account for Ocean Marketing is just for this Paul guy to post what he's selling on ebay.

Zomba13

He handles their marketing and social media. He is in control of their twitter account. That's how these types of businesses are run. That tweet was written by Paul.

Ah, makes sense. I didn't think of that because of his Twitter being that of the marketing company.

wwm0nkey

This gentleman actually believes he is Ari Gold.

This is honestly just too good to see this guy be brought down. I do feel bad for his wife and kid but man this guy needs to be brought down a few levels.

Oh well I am sure the mayor of Boston can help him out when his company goes under.

Yagharek

To clarify, do not take this out on the makers of the Avenger, N-Control.

This is the result of the poor work of Paul Christoforo and Ocean Marketing.

What would make my day would be if Penny Arcade helped out N-Control and helped in some way to hook them up with a half-decent PR company. They're trying to do something noble like make controls for handicapped kids for chrissakes.

I wouldnt give them the benefit of the doubt. It reads like a scam after all the shipping delays and claims of "stuck in customs" and "unexpectedly high demand". On repeat occasions.

Reminds me of Ozisoft Australia.

The best part is that he re-tweeted someone calling him unprofessional, just to call him unprofessional in return. Hahaha.

EDIT: apparently the twitter account for Ocean Marketing is just for this Paul guy to post what he's selling on ebay.

Master of social media!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
PcDsd.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Just spectacular (from the link):

Paul:
from Ocean Marketing pchristoforo@gmail.com
to Nathan Stansell <nate@natesnetwork.com>
date Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:44 PM
subject RE: N-Control Shop: New Order # 

Buddy your asking for free stuff and I am trying to help you , You have no idea what happened to our ordering system or our old customer service reps that told you they were going to send you a 100% COUPON AND FREE CONTROLLER  but never did . So calm yourself down , be respectful and do as I say or ask to get your free controller. I DEAD SERIOUS ! Be a little more humble we can refuse the right to ship out anything to anyone we want , I’m trying to help you. Small claims court for 49 dollars haha … that’s cute . I’m the President of my company not The Avengers so keep  your punk smite  ignorant comments to yourself. If I wasn’t trying to help you I wouldn’t have emailed you back. Customer service of old is gone were in a new generation now. Sorry for any inconvenience , this will ship tomorrow I’m putting in the order now .

No need to beg a simple reply to the email with your address would have been sufficient, and according to you your order already shipped how do we know you never received it ?

Anyway Ill make sure its made good and you get The New Avenger learn to be more understanding when you don’t know whats going on behind the scenes.

Septimius

Buddy your asking for free stuff and I am trying to help you , You have no idea what happened to our ordering system or our old customer service reps that told you they were going to send you a 100% COUPON AND FREE CONTROLLER but never did . So calm yourself down , be respectful and do as I say or ask to get your free controller. I DEAD SERIOUS ! Be a little more humble we can refuse the right to ship out anything to anyone we want , I’m trying to help you. Small claims court for 49 dollars haha … that’s cute . I’m the President of my company not The Avengers so keep your punk smite ignorant comments to yourself. If I wasn’t trying to help you I wouldn’t have emailed you back. Customer service of old is gone were in a new generation now.

Man. I wish we could just tie down people like this and everyone could grab a glove and slap him once.

Spacehost Colin Whiteside
If you got Twitter drama I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but @OceanMarketting ain't one

OceanMarketting Paul Christoforo @Spacehost good one

He doesn't even understand when he is being insulted.

Septimius

Spacehost Colin Whiteside
If you got Twitter drama I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but @OceanMarketting ain't one

OceanMarketting Paul Christoforo @Spacehost good one

He doesn't even understand when he is being insulted.

I have no idea why he retweeted that. How thick is he?

Salazar

I have no idea why he retweeted that. How thick is he?

I think he wants to indicate that he is not oblivious to the scorn coming at him from all angles: that he is, in the lingo he would possibly use, rolling with the punches. I imagine "good one" was sarcastic.

Or you could be right. It is probably safe to assume the worst of everything this fellow does.

Septimius

He seriously just needs to stop. He should be fired and the company should publicly denounce his behaviour. At the very least he should shut up for a week and try to come back 'a better man'.

He seriously just needs to stop. He should be fired and the company should publicly denounce his behaviour. At the very least he should shut up for a week and try to come back 'a better man'.

It's still the morning in the US. By the end of the day all of this will happen.

Monocle

What a fucking chode dunker. He needs to lose his job and never again hold a position that involves interacting with humans.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I've been looking at the picture of his product for awhile and still have no idea what it does. Other then look hideous, of course.

But he's rich and knows people! You don't know who he even is he's that powerful. He's pretty much Batman.

When IGN calls someone unprofessional you KNOW it's bad.
Looking down the page G4 pulled their support as well. When keeping it real goes wrong indeed.

The one thing that is good is that Gabe seems to be keeping it very clear that it is the marketing guy and NOT the product (you know, the one that can help disabled kids!).

For those that don't know it's basically an attachment that essentially turns the triggers into another face button. I think it was originally created for super speedz for mad cod skillz for teh broz, but then was re purposed when it became an actual product to be more for kids who couldn't necessarily use the triggers on controllers. I think I remember some video being posted around some news sites a long while ago.

Guys just to be clear, the actual product is not made by him, correct? So even though it's okay to hate him, let's just wait before actually calling for a boycott of the product or anything. I think like the guy in the OP's story said, this might hurt the actual product, though I suppose you could say that that company is royally fucking up the shipping dates themselves too.

Edit: Beaten.

Guys just to be clear, the actual product is not made by him, correct? So even though it's okay to hate him, let's just wait before actually calling for a boycott of the product or anything. I think like the guy in the OP's story said, this might hurt the actual product, though I suppose you could say that that company s royally fucking up the shipping dates themselves too.

I don't think anyone is calling for a boycott. Although that thing is laughable.

Top Bottom