• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

jasonng

This point can't be emphasized enough. N-Control, the company behind the products, isn't at fault. It's the lone douchebag hired by said company whose's at fault for such poor marketing and customer service. Unfortunately it's N-Control who has to pay for the consequences.

No, n-control had other issues aside from Paul. But the new PR guy is addressing these issues which include apologizing for and correcting the issues.

Philthy

Most states there needs to be evidence of an assault before they will charge you with DV. No idea if he beat her, but by the charges she must have had some type of visible trauma. Given his track record with the unwarranted rage over an email and admitted steroid usage, doubtful most will give him the benefit of the doubt and believe he isnt guilty of DV.

Actually, this isn't true. If the police gets a call for DV, they are required to arrest someone, and brought to trial. This is the same with Boston law. They are mandated to bring someone to trial, even if both people say nothing happened. I sat on the jury for one of these, and the guy was brought in for a DV against his wife. The guy was beat up, had a black eye, the woman had no markings. The doctors had no evidence of her being hit, attacked, or otherwise. She said she was never hit, etc. Their children said the same thing. None of us could convict the guy based on zero actual evidence, and we asked the judge why all of us were brought here for a week, and the response was that the law required it.

Edit: To make any sense of this in my mind, I chalked it up to that sometimes people can be pressured to 'keep quiet" about abuse, which leaves it up to total strangers to convict people based on evidence, or let it be dismissed or hung. The "better safe than sorry" may actually apply here. But holy crap that was a week of our lives, the cop to appear, the medical people to appear, the judge, the people typing it out. I couldn't fathom how much money something like this cost.

ElRenoRaven

Actually, this isn't true. If the police gets a call for DV, they are required to arrest someone, and brought to trial. This is the same with Boston law. They are mandated to bring someone to trial, even if both people say nothing happened. I sat on the jury for one of these, and the guy was brought in for a DV against his wife. The guy was beat up, had a black eye, the woman had no markings. The doctors had no evidence of her being hit, attacked, or otherwise. She said she was never hit, etc. Their children said the same thing. None of us could convict the guy based on zero actual evidence, and we asked the judge why all of us were brought here for a week, and the response was that the law required it.

Edit: To make any sense of this in my mind, I chalked it up to that sometimes people can be pressured to 'keep quiet" about abuse, which leaves it up to total strangers to convict people based on evidence, or let it be dismissed or hung. The "better safe than sorry" may actually apply here. But holy crap that was a week of our lives, the cop to appear, the medical people to appear, the judge, the people typing it out. I couldn't fathom how much money something like this cost.

See what gets me is that the guy was the one that looked beat up yet they took him in instead of the wife.

This point can't be emphasized enough. N-Control, the company behind the products, isn't at fault. It's the lone douchebag hired by said company whose's at fault for such poor marketing and customer service. Unfortunately it's N-Control who has to pay for the consequences.

They still share some of the blame. Poor customer service does not excuse poor shipping. But it looks like they're attempting to fix their issues.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, this isn't true. If the police gets a call for DV, they are required to arrest someone, and brought to trial. This is the same with Boston law. They are mandated to bring someone to trial, even if both people say nothing happened.

Pretty sure this isn't the case in California.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Only about 2 to 3 minutes of it. The rest will be on Tuesday during their live CES coverage.

Yeah, just finished that part, I guess they want to drag it to the CES episode for more viewers.

I bet next episode will talk about how he is a family man and such.

jaxword

Can I have a rundown of all that has happened? I am not sure why it has gotten so big so I assume I missed loads.

Asshole PR guy does asshole thing to customer, namedrops Penny-Arcade, Gabe doesn't like this and posts it, turns out asshole PR guy is a complete unprofessional poser and also apparently a woman-beater so everyone had a good laugh at his career falling apart.

Except for his defenders in this thread, because they are creeps.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/143

Paul Christoforo interview is in this episode.

Just looking at the intro segment of the interview cements just how big of an asshole this guy really is. Its him standing next to his motorcycle with shades on. He's loving the attention. His responses are anemic and without a hint of sincerity or regret. He even lies through his teeth saying he didn't know about Penny Arcade (you were at PAX EAST 2011 manning the Avenger BOOTH, there's fucking video evidence) whilst shitting over their website to boot. He got what he deserved and then some.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
See what gets me is that the guy was the one that looked beat up yet they took him in instead of the wife.

I used to work with a guy who was dating a complete psycho. She came to work a few times, and that was all it took for us to tell him to run for the hills. Anyway, he didn't listen. (of course, but we had to try)
She ended trying to kill him with a knife during an argument. (Talk about having the last word...) He was able to dodge some of it and block what he couldn't with his forearms long enough get an opening. When it came, he shoved her into the refrigerator. The knife fell out of her hand, he got it, and all that was left was to get the cops there.
They showed up, saw the defensive wounds on him (to the bone), looked at her, (no marks) took their statements, took him to the hospital and then jail. She was free to stay home.
Her son was in the living room and saw all of this go down. He told the cops the truth about what happened. Didn't matter.

"I went on Penny Arcade, but I had never heard what it was."

... the fact that he thinks this makes any sense at all speaks volumes.

"It didn't look like a well-put together site."

So, basically, he's falling back on his attitude of 'if I had known they were popular, I would have not been an asshole'.

And how he just sits there like "yeah, I called the kid stupid, so what?".

"Let's be clear, I'm not in PR and Marketing... it was originally..."

So he's going to throw his own company under the bus just to save face?

The sad thing is that if BioWare ever did this to EA, they would be praised.

"I was never in marketing...."

Admitting to lying about his company's goal? This guy is a keeper.

"If this stayed between me and Dave, we would have worked it out."

So many lulz in my tummy.

I love the look of stupification and indifference on Geoff's face.

They have sold that much?

And the Ocean guy is clueless. Didn't know of Penny Arcade but is a self-proclaimed hotshot in the industry..and did he really say "mimi" for meme?

it's sold out on amazon, fwiw.

and that's very generous of them, not merely "predictable"

Yes, he said mimi.

Even though Geoff very clearly said meme two seconds before.

It was clear that Paul wasn't interested in being interviewed, he already had a script in his head, and that the meme comment threw him off. He even catches himself twice as he is about to say something that comes later.

Bleepey

I used to work with a guy who was dating a complete psycho. She came to work a few times, and that was all it took for us to tell him to run for the hills. Anyway, he didn't listen. (of course, but we had to try)
She ended trying to kill him with a knife during an argument. (Talk about having the last word...) He was able to dodge some of it and block what he couldn't with his forearms long enough get an opening. When it came, he shoved her into the refrigerator. The knife fell out of her hand, he got it, and all that was left was to get the cops there.
They showed up, saw the defensive wounds on him (to the bone), looked at her, (no marks) took their statements, took him to the hospital and then jail. She was free to stay home.
Her son was in the living room and saw all of this go down. He told the cops the truth about what happened. Didn't matter.

Please say the bitch went to jail.

ElRenoRaven

That's just so fucked up.

They took the guy to jail? Why?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"If this stayed between me and Dave, we would have worked it out."

So many lulz in my tummy.

I love the look of stupification and indifference on Geoff's face.

Well it's true. If it had been kept between him and Dave, no one would have heard about it and it would have worked out just fine for him.

ElRenoRaven

So we're t-minus 1 hour away from Spike TV's CES coverage. Don't forget Part 2 of the amazing....snicker snicker...interview will be shown during their coverage today. So sometime between 1PM EST and 5PM EST they will show part 2 of this.....LMAO....in-depth interview.

scy

So we're t-minus 1 hour away from Spike TV's CES coverage. Don't forget Part 2 of the amazing....snicker snicker...interview will be shown during their coverage today. So sometime between 1PM EST and 5PM EST they will show part 2 of this.....LMAO....in-depth interview.

I'll be at work during this. Hope for a link so I can watch it after the fact~

ElRenoRaven

I'll be at work during this. Hope for a link so I can watch it after the fact~

I'm sure it will be put up on their site. I'll summarize it anyway. That preview after their joke of a part 1 last week makes me think it won't be worth a damn anyway.

scy

He can only repeat, "I'll treat celebs better" and poor MMA analogies for so long before it becomes pointless. He's been rather quiet recently and the situation for the controller seems to have been resolved, for the most part, so not much else to say. Guess this'll be the last hurrah of the whole thing until he inevitably berates another customer and name drops the Mayor of Earth.

ElRenoRaven

He can only repeat, "I'll treat celebs better" and poor MMA analogies for so long before it becomes pointless. He's been rather quiet recently and the situation for the controller seems to have been resolved, for the most part, so not much else to say. Guess this'll be the last hurrah of the whole thing until he inevitably berates another customer and tries to get the Mayor of Earth on his side.

Yea pretty much. I'm mainly watching for the CES coverage but I just want to see how awful the interview really is. It's kind of a case of following it through to the end. I doubt after this interview we'll even hear of the guy again. In fact it seems we haven't before it even finished. Probably went into hiding lol.

ElRenoRaven

So um yea I was beginning to wonder when it was going to happen and found a schedule. Seems that they had it during their CES pre show which didn't air on spike. So Geoff totally 100 percent lied on thursday when he said tune into spike for part 2. So um yea we missed it. The thread can now officially end.

Just saw this on Reddit:

0rCmz.png

Salaadin

The twitter account is the real deal and they do make the mention that the guy said Turtle Beach hired him and they do say it's false. But I can't find that specific response.

Yeah that response looks fake unless turtle beach deleted that specific tweet.

BY2K

Membero Americo
@OceanDeepSea Paul Christoforo

@thisiswilson @turtlebeach What is that shit stain you have across your face bro and go brush your teeth and floss then look into braces

What the shit?

Top Bottom