• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – The Fifth and Final Season |OT| "Thank you for creating me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonradLaw

Such a great episode. And the screw up with dates made the whole threat mistakes work so much better than if it was just a simple bug.

Plus so many great bits with Reese/Fusco and Finch/Root pairings.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode. I almost thought for a second we were going to get flashbacks from John. Also I can't believe I didn't get Day R from the trailer. Thought it might have meant something else.

My only problem with it was that they seemed to have gotten the government security feeds too damn easily.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also surprised that this version of the Machine remembered the previous 42 attempts of Finch to build it, since he said he had to begin from zero and all every time or something.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm also surprised that this version of the Machine remembered the previous 42 attempts of Finch to build it, since he said he had to begin from zero and all every time or something.

I think the earlier versions, as well as the version that was running from Episode 1 to last season, was booted up and taught lessons before it was given access to "history." That way, it knew it's "morals" before anything else, allowing it to put events into context.

This startup, went right to "History" and learned it first (and out of order, chronologically).

About seeing all of time at once: I wonder if that could theoretically make the machine a 4th dimensional entity (damn youse Interstellar, written by J. Nolan)

Baskcm

I watched the latest ep yet but I love how the machine is taking central character and that where seeing how it's gonna learn which is quite scary

Sober

Don't forget, we have a new episode tonight!

"Truth Be Told"

Reese is in danger of having his cover blown when he discovers that the latest POI has ties to his old colleagues in the CIA.

xrnzaaas

I laughed for a good few minutes after watching the intro :D

1110mfr3.jpg

Spectacular episode by the way.

That was a fun episode, one of the most conceptually playful they've ever done. I can't believe they were able to use computer glitches to mine both comedy and heartfelt drama. Lots of classic POI humor and then all of those feels at the end... I almost choked up when Finch asked to see Grace.

I was wondering about this, too. If version whatever of the Machine was killed, and was never online, how does it remember that? Some of those clips are from Prophets (4x05, iirc) but I thought they were generic flashbacks in that episode for storytelling purposes. Or maybe Lonestar is right, and Finch used the Machine's history as part of its learning to understand and contextualize actions and morals and whatever.

edit - and 30 minutes to a new episode. I can get used to this schedule. Too bad it's the last ride. :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
edit - and 30 minutes to a new episode. I can get used to this schedule. Too bad it's the last ride. :(

One last time. I needed more, and I'm getting more, so it's all fine and dandy for me.

Nobility

Banned
That intro was so jarring.

Absolutely terrifying.

Just when you think this show can't get more interesting, the writers pull another string.

That intro was so jarring.

Absolutely terrifying.

Just when you think this show can't get more interesting, the writers pull another string.

Yeah, I was not expecting that, damn.

Edit: Damn John! Yeah, that a bigger gun alright.
Yup, old boss recognizing those moves and face.

LOL Root

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I could see the box trucks being dangerous due to falling boxes. They sometimes cram that thing way past the point of safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom