• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Premium Event teases “seven new announcements”

artsi

This one is Morgana-car.

cXZBelU.png

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Do you think there's a possibility that at least one of them is a game?
One of them is an anime for sure.

Zolo

Here's the website: http://persona5.jp/otakara/

*Clicks on icons*

really? I thought Personas are unique and bound to the Individual? Aren't we "catching" demons, like in all SMT games?
There will be a story reason for it, but yeah. It's been confirmed they're Persona. Demon/Persona negotiation is also in.

Setsu00

Goro's Persona has to be Sherlock Holmes (or alternatively, his not-so-secret Lupin counterpart Herlock Sholmes). They are already playing up the protagonist and him as opposites, so it would make sense to give him a Persona that reflects that as well. Then again, this choice is probably way to obvious given that the other P5 Personas are pretty outlandish.

Zolo

I doubt they'd go with Kogoro Akechi given the similar names already. Maybe The Fiend with Twenty Faces if they still want to give him a thief persona.

Taruranto

They are getting ahead with the spin-offs in which they bastardize all characters?

really? I thought Personas are unique and bound to the Individual? Aren't we "catching" demons, like in all SMT games?

Everyone could switch Personas in P1-2, the "only the MC can switch Persona" is a thing the introduced with 3-4.

_Ryo_

JP release date now confirmed to match US release date.

Persona/Demon/Shadow spoiler question
Don't the enemy's, which are Demons, technically tell you that they are shadows when you perform Hold Up? Then realising they are Personae after you complete the process? So wouldn't they technically be all 3, Demon, Shadows and Persona all at once?

Also over and under, what's the chance of one of these 7 announcement being a reveal of another Social Link character?

Persona/Demon/Shadow spoiler question
Don't the enemy's, which are Demons, technically tell you that they are shadows when you perform Hold Up? Then realising they are Personae after you complete the process? So wouldn't they technically be all 3, Demon, Shadows and Persona all at once?

Also over and under, what's the chance of one of these 7 announcement being a reveal of another Social Link character?

They're not demons at all from the looks of things, and Shadows and Personas have always been basically the same thing in the Persona series, so how negotiation works lines up with what we've seen in 3 and 4.

Holmes is the obvious detective, but I'm not sure he really lines up with what we've seen of Goro's personality, and Sholmes certainly doesn't.

Guessing 1 is PV5, 3 is some Japan wide promotional event like the Hunt for the Phantom Thieves, 6 is an announcement for an August event, and 7 is footage of the demo which will be at this event.

Plus 5 is obviously the real life Morgana car they're making to promote the game.

ar4757

I think I'll scan over the news for any non-game or mechanical announcements, but I think I'm done with events and trailers for this game. I know everything I need to know about the story and characters now. The rest can wait until I play it in February.

Yeah at this point I'm getting tired of seeing the game. I feel like I know too much

Persona: V-elvet R-oom

Seriously tho, 3 of these are almost certainly going to be:

1) Anime update
2) DLC update
3) Last party member spotlight

Things that are probably going to happen:
Gonna be the above + probably some roadshows announcement thing. Rest will be some character stuff, soundtrack / art book or related goods and a "final" trailer

Things that I would love to see announced but definitely won't be
Persona 4 Arena ps4 plz.
Or P5A.... either way is cool with me!

- P5A with characters from 3, 4, 5 in GGXrd's art style pls
- EU release date announcement (same as US pls)
- dual audio announcement (pls)

Nachos

For some reason, the items look to unlock in the order 2, 4, 1, 5, 3, 6, 7. Weird.

Goro's Persona has to be Sherlock Holmes (or alternatively, his not-so-secret Lupin counterpart Herlock Sholmes). They are already playing up the protagonist and him as opposites, so it would make sense to give him a Persona that reflects that as well. Then again, this choice is probably way to obvious given that the other P5 Personas are pretty outlandish.

But does it really make sense to have a detective with no thievery background in a band of thieves? I just don't see it. They're clearly playing up Akechi as the phantom's opposite, but I think they'd have to tackle his persona a different way.

Top Bottom