• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut to test selling pizza by the slice in select locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Straight up bullshit. 2-3 bucks for a slice of Pizza Hut pizza? They are on crack. No one in the east coast will pay for that.

Accoun

I'm from America actually. It is a distinct memory, not something that I'm fooling myself on. Maybe at that point it varied by store?

Even stranger that they are making it sound like something new, then. I'm not even sure if I remember one without it.

jman2050

I don't mind Pizza Hut overall but those prices are hilarious. $2.50 a slice is only borderline acceptable for even good local pizza places, for something like Pizza Hut that's a sick joke.

Also jumping on the "Hawaiian pizza is shit" wagon.

Pineapple is godly on pizza, perfect mix of sweet and savory. New Hawaiian (pineapple & bacon) for life.

$2-3 for a slice of Pizza Hut is hilarious.

I used to go to Pie Hut for the $5 lunch buffet. I wonder if that's still a thing?

It is. The buffet is probably the last time I've had Pizza Hut. I'll get Little Caesars if I'm in the mood for cheap pizza.

$3 is pricing themselves out of the market. That's the price of a decent local slice - so why would I pay the same amount for something that will inevitably be an inferior product? Even if they use a better recipe, my expectations of a Pizza Hut slice are very, very low.

I tried this today just because I'm the area.

The slices are actually bigger than normal Pizza Hut pizza. They're decently sized. It was $5 for two slices, and they're around the size of a Sbarro slice at the mall or something like that. They package each slice is a triangular box that's about 10 inches on each side and the slice takes up most of it--maybe like 7-8 inches per side? They also taste different from what I remember about normal Pizza Hut pizza. It's thinner and crispier. When I went, they had about 6 different pies out that you could choose from (Hawaiian was one of them, but I didn't get it), which at least gives it something over other local shops that usually just have cheese or pepperoni by the slice. They also have wings and salads and stuff.

Anyway, maybe I have low standards but although it's not nearly the best I've ever had, I don't think it's that bad and I would consider going back if I want a quick takeout lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom