• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
No its not its by a Korra writer. So it should be fine. Kinda still want my... kill la kill platinum.. game... But this is good.

That's what worries me about it, Korra is a good concept dragged down by crappy writting.

I feel so conflicted. I haven't really connected with Korra even though I've watched all of it (too much drama, etc) but Platinum makes really great games.

:(

zhorkat

A downloadable Korra game published by Activision announced less than half a year before release that takes place in the several day span between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3 with no hint that you will actually get to fight benders outside of the world's restricted sport? Not even Platinum Games can save my excitement.

Sounds like Family Guy syndrome, hammering whats popular into the ground on your return. Futurama got it, and now Korras got it.

Nah. I actually started on Korra and then I watched Airbender after the first season. There is clear downgrade in pacing and character development and it was nearly comical in season 2 of Korra. So that guy has a point.

But that doesn't matter now. We Platinum-Bending.

Trey

Sounds like Family Guy syndrome, hammering whats popular into the ground on your return. Futurama got it, and now Korras got it.

Not hammering, just not as good.

That said, Korra would be a better character to base this game around in my opinion.

ArjanN

Korra and avatar are pretty mediocre, but I think Platinum can probably make a good game out of almost anything.

I've never been so hyped for an Activision published downloadable only title for an IP that I know next to nothing about. I thought Bayonetta 2 with the first game was going to be more Platinum than I can handle but clearly I was wrong! :)

Keep em coming, Platinum!!

mrhej

So it's a downloadable game of a TV show coming out soon to different consoles? But It's developed by Platinum games though. I have a bad feeling about this.

ZiZ

well, I gotta say, I can't think of anyone better to make a Korra game. let's hope it's better than the last season.

Hexa

Fuck. I hate Korra but I love Platinum. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. :(
I'd play a game about Amon though.

RK128

That isn't even the issue though X(. The problem is that the interesting story and characters that was being set up...was pushed aside for stupid shipping crap X(....I mean the original series sorta did this but it wasn't nearly as in your face as it was in Korra (I mean...you have one of the characters already dating someone in season one trying to get with the avatar...and his girlfriend already knows...with Korra just flat out ignoring how messed up it is...then dates the guy at the end of the first season...and this took center stage for a few episodes too :().

The story, animation and general characters were really interesting (Amon was a great villian, Bollen was a really cool character, Tenzen and his family are great) but all of that was pushed aside in Season 1 for stupid love crap....I don't know, I think the latter seasons got better but the first season really soured my views on the series (and I loved the Last Airbender series :().

farisr

This sounds far too good of a match. And seeing as how it's coming out this year, we had no clue about it before today, I'm going to be extremely cautious and expect a game that is the quality of a typical movie/show-tie in rather than something really good.

Zomba13

So I take it the pics in the link are screenshots of the game?

I've not watched any of the Avatar stuff though I have been told to by several friends and I guess if Platinum really is making a game based on it then I better get my ass through the Aang stuff fast and start on the Korra stuff before this game comes out. I will never miss out on a Platinum game even if it does seem suspect to quality (based on an existing cartoon IP, published by Activision, cross gen download only).

That's what worries me about it, Korra is a good concept dragged down by crappy writting.

Have you played a Platinum game? their writing isn't stellar either. So i guess its better someone from the show writing than someone at platinum.

I really hope you can play as Old Aang in this one.

YEEEEEEEEEEEES AND WUUUUUUUUUUUUT.

I have been wanting a good Avatar game for a long time. The combat could have so much potential.

I don't like Korra much, but it is not like I am expecting much in terms of story in the game from Platinum Games. Would be nice to have, but I won't keep my hopes up. And it isn't like there hasn't changed anything in the potential for combat.

xanavi

Bayonetta's one of my favourite games of all time but I have my doubts about this. I think this could very well up not resembling the Platinum games everyone's so fond of. The screenshots on the page look alright but ehhhhh. I'll reserve hype until I see it in motion.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Activision probably gave these dudes a shoestring budget and just a few months of development time. IDK man. :[

Nanashrew

Banned
Well....the cartoon isn't that good anyway :l (in my option at least). It is a huge step down from the original series in almost every way (the sole exception is the animation but...that is it :(). Its really dumbfounding; they did a wonderful job with the original series and the show originally started off nice too but...once the second half of the first season begain...all the good parts of the show just started to fall flat :(.

Still, it looks like season 3 might be better (I think it has spirits and human's living in the same place now?), so there is that at least :l.

I disliked it so much I stopped watching and have no interest in the new season coming because it just keeps getting worse. Korra is a terrible Avatar, and them putting main focus on the teen romance stuff is is mind numbing.

OMG THIS IS AMAZING. GOD IS REAL AND HE ANSWERED MY PRAYERS. PLATINUM GAMES I FUCKING LOVE YOU. KORRA PLATINUM GAMES !!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BREATHE HELP ME
DSAFJKNSDFJKNSADFKJASNDFKJSADBNFAS
DFNAJLSDNFJKASDFNSA

atr0cious

That isn't even the issue though X(. The problem is that the interesting story and characters that was being set up...was pushed aside for stupid shipping crap X(....I mean the original series sorta did this but it wasn't nearly as in your face as it was in Korra (I mean...you have one of the characters already dating someone in season one trying to get with the avatar...and his girlfriend already knows...with Korra just flat out ignoring how messed up it is...then dates the guy at the end of the first season...and this took center stage for a few episodes too :().

The story, animation and general characters were really interesting (Amon was a great villian, Bollen was a really cool character, Tenzen and his family are great) but all of that was pushed aside in Season 1 for stupid love crap....I don't know, I think the latter seasons got better but the first season really soured my views on the series (and I loved the Last Airbender series :().

Yea I haven't seen season 2, but season 1 kind of killed my drive to look for it. Bollen was the best, but yea they went really soap opera with all their relationships. It's really annoying seeing characters do things just for a dumb plot point. Hopefully none of that leaks into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom