• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games/Activision announce Legend of Korra downloadable for PC/XB/PS [screen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"they wanted platinum to make a game based on a medicore but overhyped animated series starring a female lead? WELL," mutters jp kellam

Still need the second sereis to air in the UK. Hope it gets here before this game.

That sounds weird, I am sure it already aired here since here (The Netherlands) they were quite fast, and that is dubbed.

Worse by Platinum standards maybe, but better than anything else out there.

So basically the combat will be fun, instead of their god tier Climatic Action

I am expecting it to still be fun, but the Avatar game I would want to see would need a decent budget.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
What the fuck. I thought I was being trolled when someone brought this up in IRC. Huh, I'm there day one.

Asami x Korra OTP

Mr-Joker

Banned
I liked Duck Tales remastered. It was pretty good.

We are of differing opinions then. I liked Remastered.

My problem with Remastered is that the game wouldn't shut up and kept trying to take control from me.

Plus the final level can go duck itself.

Guys, it 's published by Activision, it came out of nowhere because it got pitched yesterday, they'll start developing it next month.

And the game is due to be released in Autumn, yeah I don't have much hope for this.

Screens.

lokscreen4jpg-b68d3a_960w.jpg

lokscreen3jpg-b68d3b_960w.jpg

lokscreen2jpg-b68d3c_960w.jpg

lokscreen1jpg-6e4db7_960w.jpg

Source:http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/06/25/platinum-games-the-legend-of-korra-coming-in-2014

It looks okay.

Azure J

I'm not sure if I want that as it would be insanely hard to make a good videogame out of that.

It's literally Mario 64 (character acrobatics and responsiveness) + Vanquish + Metal Gear Rising. The only way that gets fucked up is by being strapped to source material since AoT is clearly showing signs of a franchise that exploded in popularity before its plot was centered correctly.

RK128

The only fear I have it's that:

1. It's an licensed game
2. It's Nickelodeon

I know it's Platinum, we all love them, but there's rules about licensed games and Nickelodeon games. Mainly that they are shit.

It wasn't always like that though :(. I remember growing up playing those GameCube SpongeBob platformers (Battle for Bikini Bottom and SpongBob Movie) and the Tak Series (Staff of Dreams and Great Juju Challenge) and those were generally solid games; good controls, colorful and cartoonly visuals, generally funny humor (at least the Tak games), and some really fun platforming (the SpongeBob games were Banjo-esc games where you collected things while the Tak games were more streght up action-platformers).

Here are some videos of the games (though they are quite old; both series came out around 2003-2005) and while they aren't indicative of the current quality of license games from them now, at least they show they did somewhat care about games back then :).

SpongBob: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdDV7Pl_RN4
Tak 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG68Jllyu88

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Korra really is terrible. It's only good point is that it keeps the Avatar legacy going.

Hah true.

I'd agree, though. Season 1 Korra, especially the second half with the blood-bending, is really good stuff. Season 2 Korra is just a mess, but I have high hopes they've dumped the godawful romance stuff for Season 3.

Thus far Korra Season 1 > Avatar Season 1, but

Avatar Season 2 destroys Korra Season 2.

All in all Korra can be a great character when she isn't bitching, which is why I'm excited for this game.

I'd actually argue the latter half of season 1 Korra bogged down its quality despite those stuff. I mean seriously, shit happens a lot in Aang 2 and 3 and even the whimsy of 1 was consistent and didn't prattle along.

I'm not saying Season 1 is bad. I like it too. It has it's charms. But I definitely think it's important to point out the change in the show since it's what most people will watch first. And sadly I think people will judge it based on that. When Book 2 and 3 matures substantially (as the main character grows up and has to abandon his youth to fulfill his obligations).

Ahh well true, but it's mostly because it's setting itself and laying out the whole world.

Platinum Games and Shinji Mikami are the only 2 names that equal insta-buys for me, no questions asked, so I'll be getting this for sure. I don't even know what the hell The Legend of Korra is. This will finally give me something else to play on my XB1, assuming the current gen versions are at graphical parity.

Silky

Banned
So Kamiya's working on Scalebound.
Hashimoto has the Bayo titles.
Yamanaka (Anarchy Reigns) and Saito (Revengenace) are the last two big teams Platinum has...right?

Very exciting news. I'm really looking forward to this.

Question though: does anyone know whether the three Last Airbender games on the PS2/Xbox were any good? I never got around to playing them.

Oh man, I'm excited by the possibilities. Have to force myself to not get so hyped seeing as it's licensed and published by Activision. Even so...Platinum. Can't wait.

Platinum sold their soul to the devil, confirmed.

So that's why Bayonetta is going to hell in the sequel....
...to get PG's soul back!

i dont know if this is going to be good or not. Feels like its going to be Gearbox's Aliens to Platinum's Legend of Korra kinda project.

If Platinum can make a fun game out of rushed almost cancelled AAA IP
They can make a decent action game (because they are the action masters) out of a licensed property in their sleep.

Season 1 of Korra was nonstop fun for me. The main villain was enticing and it all accumulated to a final battle like I imagined, with that twist at the end
ends up fully grasping air, boom avatar state fully unlocked
. And season 2 was cool, it's just I wasn't a fan of light v dark Rava n Vaatu. Lame characters to me. But another great battle.

Don't forget guys Season 3 starts with 3 episodes on Friday I think so set your dvr's!

Jarmel

Banned
Spider-Man 2 swinging, plus some decent sword combat. Done.

It's literally Mario 64 (character acrobatics and responsiveness) + Vanquish + Metal Gear Rising. The only way that gets fucked up is by being strapped to source material since AoT is clearly showing signs of a franchise that exploded in popularity before its plot was centered correctly.

Not quite. The Gear Movement system would have to be much quicker than anything in Spider-Man. Trying to successfully pull that off along with a combat system of melee weapons would be insanely hard. It's much easier to do in anime/manga than it would be to make an actual combat system out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom