• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames opens official Japanese Twitter - EPIC SWITCH TEASING HYPETRAIN!

PlatinumGames keeps tweeting more teases about Switch ports! What are they doing?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

NSESN

What I would love? If Nintendo started releasing Wii U games in the eshop just like they did with Wii games for Wii U eshop. XBX, Capitan Todd, TMS, there's many games that need to be released from the Wii U prison.

Phoenixus

Part of me wishes they mentioned this during the spotlight if it's real, but I'm kinda glad they focused on original switch/never been on Nintendo machines games.

What I would love? If Nintendo started releasing Wii U games in the eshop just like they did with Wii games for Wii U eshop. XBX, Capitan Todd, TMS, there's many games that need to be released from the Wii U prison.
The Wii U was backwards compatible with the Wii, the Switch runs on a completely different architecture. That being said, Captain Toad will get a sequel for sure. Tropical Freeze will probably get a port.

GokouD

They'd have to be reworked though, most Wii U games have at least some dual screen/touch functionality.

Part of me wishes they mentioned this during the spotlight if it's real, but I'm kinda glad they focused on original switch/never been on Nintendo machines games.
Nintendo don't generally announce ports far in advance. If Bayonetta is coming to Switch then we'll find out probably 2 months before it launches.

Platy

Im beginning to wonder why did I buy a Wii U in the first place, since it seems all good Wii U games will end up on Switch.

Ambassador program pls, I've played these games already, I trusted you when nobody did you fuckers.

You played first. You could not know WHICH games would be ported and neither could nintendo knew that the wiiu would sell shittly

Joey Ravn

Banned
Im beginning to wonder why did I buy a Wii U in the first place, since it seems all good Wii U games will end up on Switch.

Ambassador program pls, I've played these games already, I trusted you when nobody did you fuckers.

Let me help you with that, friend. Here are some good, amazing, incredible exclusive games (IMO) on Wii U that haven't been announced for Switch. Games with an asterisk (*) have high chances of being ported, though:

• The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Super Mario Maker*
  • Super Smash Bros. 4*
  • Paper Mario Color Splash
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Yoshi's Wooly World
  • The Wonderful 101
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • NES Remix
  • NES Remix 2
  • Pikmin 3
  • Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water
  • Star Fox Zero (YMMV)
  • Sonic Lost World (YMMV)

Plus, some Wii Virtual Console titles:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Pikmin
  • Pikmin 2
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land
  • Sin & Punishment
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Zack & Wiki: Quest for Babaros' Treasure
  • Pandora's Tower

I think my purchase was fully justified. But that's just me *shrugs*

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Honestly all these real or possible wiiu ports would diminish switch purchase in my eyes more than the wiiu one

Jawmuncher

With Bayo 1 on PC, XB1, and WiiU & with the Bayo 2 playing just fine on WiiU and CEMU. They're gonna have to eitheroffer me some new content again or one hell of a deal. It they released both together for Luke $30-40 I'd consider it.

Gator86

This would be a solid win for Nintendo. But everyone would just call it the Wii U port machine.

I expect almost all of the big WiiU games to make it to Switch. No one bought a WiiU. These games are low-income fruit and easy money for publishers, in a lot of cases. People bought a 40 dollar version of SF2 for Switch after all.

This would be excellent news... Makes sense too since both games (especially the Wii U exclusive 2) are so critically acclaimed. I'm sure the ROI on Bayo 2 isn't what it could have been. Just like MK8, there are so many people who deserve this game but couldn't play it.

I'll be listening to these soundtracks all day thanks to this.

Side note, what additions would y'all want, if any?
Here's mine:
  • More costumes! (Splatoon and ARMS please... maybe Pikmin)
  • Amiibo support
  • Some new weapons
  • SUPER long shot... but maybe co-op? Even if not "full" co-op.

Phoenixus

Nintendo don't generally announce ports far in advance. If Bayonetta is coming to Switch then we'll find out probably 2 months before it launches.

That's true. I much prefer that approach quite honestly.

Now all we need is The Wonderful 101 and I can sell my Wii U.

The VC and eshop on mine would stop me from selling it, but my favourite Wii U game on a portable? God yes please. All the more if it leads into a franchise and gets Wonder Red into smash at some point. :D

Chauzu

I expect almost all of the big WiiU games to make it to Switch. No one bought a WiiU. These games are low-income fruit and easy money for publishers, in a lot of cases. People bought a 40 dollar version of SF2 for Switch after all.

Yeah, Nintendo just needs to space them well, which they seem to be doing. Otherwise we'd get tons of comments like this, thinking cheap ports are hindering new games from being made:

Honestly all these real or possible wiiu ports would diminish switch purchase in my eyes more than the wiiu one

Akhe

short hair > long hair

Iw3zCew.gif

Hell yes! I'd definitely be down for a Bayo 1+2 collection on Switch. It only seems to make sense given Platinum worked on porting Bayo 1 to PC lately. That and I just don't see Nintendo wanted Bayo 2 to live and die on Wii-U.

I just really want to play Bayo 2. I bought it at launch and never got around to actually playing it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
For some reason my bayo 2 copy got scratched or something and it won't play after my 1st play through so ill happily by this on switch where it won't be scratched

18-Volt

Throw in a Vanquish too, Sega. Or even Madworld HD. But color the game this time, it was too damn hard to play in BW.

krumble

And I had just bought the first Bayonetta for the 4th time on PC recently..
Bayonetta is fast joining Resident Evil as the game I have on the most systems...

And that's no bad thing

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yeah, Nintendo just needs to space them well, which they seem to be doing. Otherwise we'd get tons of comments like this, thinking cheap ports are hindering new games from being made:

How can a 4 year old purchase (the wiiu) being diminished by a 4 year old port?
The post I commented was by a wiiu owner regretting its console purchase
In the eyes of the few wiiu owners how could these ports be something negative about the past wiiu experience more than a detriment for the brand new console offering great old and already played games?

I wonder if it's actually fun being this pessimistic.

Yeahh, beacuase platinum games have plenty of games on Switch... And they never tease something, specially in the past months... Bayo2 salt again?

Uhhhh I just stated my opinion that this thread seemed like a reach, which I'm well within my rights to do. If you want to put all of your hope and faith of a port happening based on a few tweets/likes then more power to you, you're well within your right to do so.

There's no need to be so bothered by someone saying this is a reach when it literally is a reach though.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I've invested far too much money in my Wii U it seems. However, Bayonetta is worth double dipping so I'm in.

Now, give my Switch Star Fox Zero with normal human control and I'm content.

Top Bottom