• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

jeffc919

This is freaking bullshit. I'm at the center of the white circle inside a tall building waiting for anyone that dares to come in. I hear a car stop outside and I'm laying on the ground, directly when the guy steps in he turns my way and kills me before I even get a shot at him. Are they really that good or are they using a wall hack?

I think it's the netcode. Just had a game where I'm hiding out in one of those garage type buildings with a second level and another staircase that takes you to the roof. I'm decked out in good gear, standing halfway up the staircase to the roof so that anyone coming into the room has to turn 90 degrees and shift their aim up to hit me. Guy comes in and I unload half a clip of my UMP into him. Blood everywhere. Then from my perspective I get hit once and...dead. He was using an UMP also. I wanted to snap my keyboard in half.

baby

This is freaking bullshit. I'm at the center of the white circle inside a tall building waiting for anyone that dares to come in. I hear a car stop outside and I'm laying on the ground, directly when the guy steps in he turns my way and kills me before I even get a shot at him. Are they really that good or are they using a wall hack?

its third person. they can look around the corner before pushing, and will always do it in the end game

jeffc919

New game. Basically same thing again. I hear the guy coming so I hide in the corner. He comes running into the room. I unload my SCAR into him while he's pointed 90 degrees away from me. Blood everywhere. He turns and 1 hits me with the M416. WTF! I get that what you see isn't always what the server sees but it isn't possible to put bullets into the guy any faster that what I did. I'm not some pro that can land headshots against a moving target from 300 meters away, but I can hit a guy right in front of me that doesn't know where I am and I should win that 1-on-1 basically every time. Something isn't right. I'm ok with the answer being that it's early access and the netcode is crap.

Blizzard

Banned
New game. Basically same thing again. I hear the guy coming so I hide in the corner. He comes running into the room. I unload my SCAR into him while he's pointed 90 degrees away from me. Blood everywhere. He turns and 1 hits me with the M416. WTF! I get that what you see isn't always what the server sees but it isn't possible to put bullets into the guy any faster that what I did. I'm not some pro that can land headshots against a moving target from 300 meters away, but I can hit a guy right in front of me that doesn't know where I am and I should win that 1-on-1 basically every time. Something isn't right. I'm ok with the answer being that it's early access and the netcode is crap.
Maybe, but the person could also be in China and have a very high ping, or your ISP could be dropping packets, and no netcode in the world can fully correct that.

Some players obviously have good success winning 1-on-1's. What server are you on? I assume it's the same continent you live in.

Finally my first solo win. That was damn intense.

7ECBC847024680A36F66D2ED29C7913EE0A16761

KillerAJD

Woo! Finally got my first chicken dinner on the Duo NA servers! Tried to go to spawn island but didn't find a boat when we dropped, so we coasted along the top side of the island. Came down to some houses directly North across the river from Rozhok, and camped there until late in the game. My partner and I didn't have much (hardly any ammo for our m16's, no scopes, and he had a shotgun and I a ump for backup), so at the last moment, we jumped in a jeep and headed East past a gas station into a field. Ended up ramming a duo who were posted up next to one of the electrical power line towers, stole their Kar98k with an 8x, and then wiped out the last two guys in a field after like 3 or 4 circle shrinks.

Super pumped! Somehow, 70 hours has flown by with this game! It feels like we've got so many 2nd-5th places, but finally put a win behind us.

second chicken dinner on duo

it was 4 people left

I knocked out one of the guys and killed him, but his partner damaged me some
he came to me, we danced around a rock before he killed me
then he looted my body
as the circle was closing in(Fast at this point)
my partner went inside the circle, and took potshots as the guy tried to run in to escape the blue wall

It was a lapse of judgement for that guy.

I was also salty at my partner because it was 2v1 at that point and he ditched me ;_;

valeo

Damn; almost got my first one - came 2nd.

Drove to the island, past 3 guys obviously working together on the bridge to kill everyone, then set up shop on a hill. Spotted a guy in a Ghillie suit (first time i've ever seen one in game) running across the hill and popped him from a distance; then ran over and stole the suit. Lay down in a bush with 12 remaining, killed 3, then got popped from distance when it was down to the final 2 :( No idea where he was or even how he saw me; I had a flash hider too.

Another day, another solo chicken.

20170702105631_1.md.jpg

This one was pretty intense, the "last standing 1 one 1 we both know we are dead in 5 sec because of the circle" type.

Mr Swine

Banned
its third person. they can look around the corner before pushing, and will always do it in the end game

But the player didn't do that, he just went up the stairs, turned 45 degrees and killed directly me while I was laying in such a way that he couldn't see me

Man, I should have got this game earlier. Crash is demanding all my attention right now.

Gonna slip in one or two matches today definitely though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
CCMuyp8.jpg

Currently stuck in falling animation when trying to exit a vehicle next to a wall, cannot move

SomTervo

You probably won't see this - but sometimes buildings don't load properly or have a delay due to the game's programming. It could be the guy saw you just sitting in thin air, then the building loaded around you, and thus he knew where you were and could hop out and bead you immediately.

RomeoDog

Banned
So pewdiepie got a chicken dinner and posted it on his page today. A part of me thinks he got the video from someone but maybe he got good.

SomTervo

You can't until you're feet are grounded.

Speaking of the uaz, getting to the final 5 then dying because you bailed out of a vehicle going 10 mph is the worst feeling.

You can see an example of that on the last page/this page where they guy was in a top 5 situation with all the other players in cars. The "destruction derby" match.

One of the people chasing him drives past, hops out at low speed, and immediately ragdolls, dead.

Egg0

Banned
Damn yall, I still can't figure where shots are coming from. Unless I see shots hitting the ground or objects around me, I'm just jumping around like an idiot or laying down to die.

cripterion

The way this game handles close combat, I just hate it, so random, you'll shoot one guy point blank with the 2 shotty and can even see head reel from the impact but somehow he goes through the damage, he shoots back and you die straight up while wearing lvl2 armor and helmet.

Happens in the streams I watch too, I love the game but it is straight up broken when every close combat encounter because just a random affair. And it's not just when I die, i went with a kar98 against a shotgun and somehow didn't get damage but headshotted the dude without even aiming...

I think if they had a death cam/replay system in place and with the game in its current state there would be a lot of people giving up on it.

Top Bottom