• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm noticing more and more Chinese players on the Oceania server that are teaming up in Solo matches.

Cheating is basically mandatory in China. They learn in school to gain every possible advantage that they can. If you don't do that then you're at a disadvantage and will end up at the bottom of the pyramid instead of the top.

No surprise that the same mentality shows up in videogames. You pretty much have to segregate them on their own servers if you don't want the game ruined for everybody else. A recent example of how bad it can get is H1Z1.

I don't even know why I bother with NA servers. Tried EU just now and had an awesome match full of action, came out of it in 15th place with 7 kills.

paskowitz

Cheating is basically mandatory in China. They learn in school to gain every possible advantage that they can. If you don't do that then you're at a disadvantage and will end up at the bottom of the pyramid instead of the top.

No surprise that the same mentality shows up in videogames. You pretty much have to segregate them on their own servers if you don't want the game ruined for everybody else. A recent example of how bad it can get is H1Z1.

Went to a college with a high Chinese population, can confirm, cheating is pretty much a cultural norm.

I just drop out and look for another match.

I actually played with three Chinese players who spoke English the other day in squads. They seemed taken aback by my driving right up to and running straight into buildings with an UMP to clear them of enemies.

(Also I saw an OCE streamer have a really fun round where they got an Australian child, a person who only spoke in text-to-speech that they had to stop to type and thus may not have been a native English speaker, and a Japanese woman)

LiK

I actually played with three Chinese players who spoke English the other day in squads. They seemed taken aback by my driving right up to and running straight into buildings with an UMP to clear them of enemies.

(Also I saw an OCE streamer have a really fun round where they got an Australian child, a person who only spoke in text-to-speech that they had to stop to type and thus may not have been a native English speaker, and a Japanese woman)

Are we Steam friends? Wanna play in the future?

KKRT00

Yeah, Beaglerush :) They chat called the Anime Squad ;p

Yeah, Beaglerush :) They chat called the Anime Squad ;p

I need a link to this vod!

Grexeno

DAD158204C5AE1268B9A42A591803CC198E5D7D5

Second solo chicken dinner, but somewhat of a cowardly one. The final circle centered on a building, which of course led to everyone sitting and not moving. I, however, was in a bush behind a car right inside the circle. This is the first time I've experienced the game moving to "everything is the blue zone", and I won because I had more health than the other guy, who had cleared out the rest from the building but taken damage in the process.

I didn't take a hit the entire game.

v1lla21

Keep making it to the top 10 but keep dying because, I'm guessing the final circle, spawns far from me and I have to run towards it and I get picked off :(

Vecks

Anyone else checking out the first-person/duo competition going on at twitch?

I can't imagine the game turning into a big esports thing, but I do find it really fun to watch.

Armaly

Turned off voice immediately. Nobody speaks English even in NA servers.

Man you're really missing out if you turn off in game voice. Ton of randos still talk in game and you can hear/locate them during fire fights easier.

Man you're really missing out if you turn off in game voice. Ton of randos still talk in game and you can hear/locate them during fire fights easier.

Do you find that to be the case on solo mode? I haven't played much, but solo is the only place where I've had issues with others on mic, so I muted everyone.

Keep making it to the top 10 but keep dying because, I'm guessing the final circle, spawns far from me and I have to run towards it and I get picked off :(

I'm not an expert, but I've found that once you get down to about <20 people left, you had best be moving as soon as the circle constricts, otherwise you're going to run out of time. The worst thing that can happen is that you get caught in a firefight. If the person shooting at you is behind you (as you're running towards the circle), get to the circle first and then turn around and lay down cover. Make them get caught or run into the open.

v1lla21

I'm not an expert, but I've found that once you get down to about <20 people left, you had best be moving as soon as the circle constricts, otherwise you're going to run out of time. The worst thing that can happen is that you get caught in a firefight. If the person shooting at you is behind you (as you're running towards the circle), get to the circle first and then turn around and lay down cover. Make them get caught or run into the open.
I get picked off by someone in the circle already. I'll try moving to the new circle asap though as I always wait a while then move.

Mr Swine

Banned
This is freaking bullshit. I'm at the center of the white circle inside a tall building waiting for anyone that dares to come in. I hear a car stop outside and I'm laying on the ground, directly when the guy steps in he turns my way and kills me before I even get a shot at him. Are they really that good or are they using a wall hack?

GTX 970, i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 1080 (Full screen windowed)

And my in-game settings:

jz12zlln3jujy.jpg

Now, I know people generally keep the settings low in this game for various reasons, but wouldn't keeping view distance low put you at a disadvantage to some degree, or does that only affect the game drawing in things like trees and bushes?

Excuse the possible stupidity of the question as I am a noted moron sometimes.

Now, I know people generally keep the settings low in this game for various reasons, but wouldn't keeping view distance low put you at a disadvantage to some degree, or does that only affect the game drawing in things like trees and bushes?

I think it affects buildings and the tree quality

Hasnt really affected me nd I run it very low or else I wouodnt be able to run it at all lol

Not proud of this one.

Landed Pochinki, hung out there for awhile, grabbed a Dacia to camp a bridge, hung out there until there was only me and another guy left, and slowly made my way to his tree where I rushed him and killed him with one shot from a double-barrel.

I haven't found it to be obviously detrimental to gameplay, and I can spot players from fairly long distances - scoped and unscoped - without issue. There might be a little pop-in of buildings and foliage on the horizon from time to time, but that aside I'm happy taking that for smoother performance generally.

chugen

you can still see players and cars with any settings

Mr Swine

Banned
YES! First winner winner chicken dinner! Played Squad and man what an intense last few minutes, just me and one squad mate left. Feels good man :D

Venfayth

So much saturation

Yeah I use reshade and the default settings someone recommended to me are just what I plugged in there, haven't gotten to adjusting them yet, but honestly I kinda like how easy it makes it to see some people, and how easy it is to see blood spatters.

Not really the prettiest though, ha.

Ok ok I just had an idea

Bear with me

What if

Think MGS3
The End fight
In Battlegrounds

One person drops with only a Sniper Rifle
The other drops with the M80(?) heavy Machine gun and a pistol

Map is restricted to a random playable quadrant

Eh? Ehhh?

Swig_

Does anyone know why you can't always use firstaid or bandages? There have been many instances where I wanted to heal up, but it wouldn't let me. I thought maybe it was a cooldown, but there have been times where I hadnt healed in a long time.

JDB

Banned
Does anyone know why you can't always use firstaid or bandages? There have been many instances where I wanted to heal up, but it wouldn't let me. I thought maybe it was a cooldown, but there have been times where I hadnt healed in a long time.
Bandages and first aid kits only heal up to 75%. Only energy drinks, painkillers and med kits allow healing up to a 100%

Swig_

Bandages and first aid kits only heal up to 75%. Only energy drinks, painkillers and med kits allow healing up to a 100%

Thanks. That might be it. I didn't really pay attention to my health when I wanted to use them. That's good to know.

I think it affects buildings and the tree quality

Hasnt really affected me nd I run it very low or else I wouodnt be able to run it at all lol

I haven't found it to be obviously detrimental to gameplay, and I can spot players from fairly long distances - scoped and unscoped - without issue. There might be a little pop-in of buildings and foliage on the horizon from time to time, but that aside I'm happy taking that for smoother performance generally.

you can still see players and cars with any settings

Makes sense, I figured it had to something like that. Thank you!

Also, I just want to post this because someone needs to see it. Though I got run down early, I watched my friend run into crater and summarily SUPER MAN PUNCHES TWO ARMED AND LOADED IDIOTS TO DEATH WITH HIS BARE FISTS

YLAsQnB.jpg

This guy was armed with a pistol, he got backed into a corner and then ran off and got punched in the back of the skull

hlOPr80.jpg

That guy off there had a fucking SKS and a vector, and took two fucking legendary blows to the head.

I am so glad I got to see this.

CCF23

Makes sense, I figured it had to something like that. Thank you!

Also, I just want to post this because someone needs to see it. Though I got run down early, I watched my friend run into crater and summarily SUPER MAN PUNCHES TWO ARMED AND LOADED IDIOTS TO DEATH WITH HIS BARE FISTS

YLAsQnB.jpg

This guy was armed with a pistol, he got backed into a corner and then ran off and got punched in the back of the skull

hlOPr80.jpg

That guy off there had a fucking SKS and a vector, and took two fucking legendary blows to the head.

I am so glad I got to see this.

Trust the crust.

Top Bottom