• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolabla

Yeah. The console also looks well protected to me:

C9Em2iR.jpg

Is this from an unboxing video? If so, do you have a link to it?

from Newegg

Newegg said:
Dear Valued Customer,
We are excited to announce that your pre-order for the PlayStation 4 will ship soon! The official release date for the PlayStation 4 is Friday, November 15, 2013; however, we will begin shipping pre-orders on Thursday, November 14, 2013.

You will receive a tracking e-mail on Thursday, November 14th. The shipping method included in your order will be 3 day air service unless you have paid for an expedited shipping method. For example, if you chose Next Day service, it is likely your package will arrive on Friday, November 15th. Pre-orders with 3 Day service will likely arrive on or before Tuesday, November 19th.

It's happening guys. I'm so taking Friday off.

wizzbang

Banned
I see. So it must be some kind of regional/localization thing then, since it isn't a bundle.

Love to look at PS4 boxes! Importers, see that the box say 120v. But I guess there's still a chance that there might be a universal psu in the PS4. If I remember correct, the FCC info say that the dev kit/test kit (or whatever it's called) have a 110-240v psu, and that the retail version is exactly the same except software.

The 120v / 220(240?)v thing has been solved already, someone on GAF found a link to a proper patent office or ummm ISO standards or fuck i don't know - anyhow some govt office documentation filing (FCC? ECC?) for the device, it's a switching power supply, you're safe.

When the PS4 price and release date were announced, my girlfriend texted me not to preorder one because she was gonna offer me one for Christmas. She ordered one with EB Games I believe (equivalent of Gamestop but in Canada) and they are gonna ship it to her either next friday or the following week.

This is all nice and awesome really, but she won't let me unwrap it before Christmas probably...although I did give her her gift in advance so she could use it for school (I bought her a Surface 2 from Microsoft). She might change her mind and give it to me in advance, who knows...?

Funny thing is I went to the store today to give a deposit for KillZone: SF and Knack...it appeared that the guy was allowed to sell them already so I came home today with 2 PS4 games and a DualShock 4 controller that might very well be sitting in my appartment collecting dust until Dec. 25th....while you guys get to play next friday. :(

At least I didn't have to shell out 400$+tx myself to get one.

I love my woman :)

Oozer3993

Who else is gonna be like this with me next friday?

tumblr_mp14bzmDAU1s99dcoo1_r1_400.gif

That will absolutely be me. Although the UPS man has seemingly made my street the first on his route the past couple months. Nothing comes later than noon.

When the PS4 price and release date were announced, my girlfriend texted me not to preorder one because she was gonna offer me one for Christmas. She ordered one with EB Games I believe (equivalent of Gamestop but in Canada) and they are gonna ship it to her either next friday or the following week.

This is all nice and awesome really, but she won't let me unwrap it before Christmas probably...although I did give her her gift in advance so she could use it for school (I bought her a Surface 2 from Microsoft). She might change her mind and give it to me in advance, who knows...?

Funny thing is I went to the store today to give a deposit for KillZone: SF and Knack...it appeared that the guy was allowed to sell them already so I came home today with 2 PS4 games and a DualShock 4 controller that might very well be sitting in my appartment collecting dust until Dec. 25th....while you guys get to play next friday. :(

At least I didn't have to shell out 400$+tx myself to get one.

I love my woman :)

My parents kinda did that with the Xbox 360 and the Wii. They agreed to buy me each for Christmas, but I had to go track them down. And this was after the preorders had all been taken. So I ended up camping overnight at Best Buy for one of the first shipments of the Wii after launch. Then I had to hand over the console to my parents until Christmas Day.

prophecy0

That will absolutely be me. Although the UPS man has seemingly made my street the first on his route the past couple months. Nothing comes later than noon.

That will be me as well. I've already put in the PTO request. This will be the first time I've bought a console at launch since the Wii (which I grew to regret).

I thought some guy said it was protected by just a flat thin sheet of cardboard?
What planet are people on.

Did the PS3s in the US come without any protection at all or something?

What company ships out a $400 product with only a flat piece of cardboard on top of it letting it rattle around inside the box?

how to kill time before the PS4 launch?

wife surprised me with a PUERTO RICO trip from this afternoon until Monday (had the week off anyways)

glad I can get away and do my waiting in some nicer weather.

Hope your return flight gets delayed, you miss your delivery, carrier returns your package and your PREORDER IS CANCELLLLLLLED!!!! enjoy your trip

Why do people think stacking boxes like the ones in the pallet images will crush the bottom ones? It is really crazy.
I've seen way too much anxiousness in general with people and their PS4's. Consoles getting stolen by employees if they're shipped 'naked' from Amazon. UPS employees throwing them on the ground etc.

HOUSTON GAF: Best Buy galleria says they have controllers and cameras, but can't sell till tomorrow. Some items are available for preorder and store pickup and some aren't.

Also showing some games in stock and available now.

Just ordered Knack and a camera, and will grab a DS4 tomorrow when I go to pick them up.

Can someone with the knowledge tell me when these stores should know for certain how many units they are getting shipped in?

I am with the knowledge.

My EB in Canada had their allocation numbers in yesterday. They have 300 preorders and will be getting 250 consoles. No extras for walk-ins.

You should start making phone calls.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I swear, I get everything around 11am unless it's something I'm actually looking forward to. Then it's always late.

slabrock

Banned
I actually used a personal day to wait around for UPS to show up. Sometimes he is here around 10 am, other times around 5 pm. He better know the reality of the situation and be here at 10 am or earlier.

I am with the knowledge.

My EB in Canada had their allocation numbers in yesterday. They have 300 preorders and will be getting 250 consoles. No extras for walk-ins.

Do you know if the 300 pre-orders were before the cut-off in August?

dolabla

What company ships out a $400 product with only a flat piece of cardboard on top of it letting it rattle around inside the box?

The packing looks very similar to what the PS3's was (60GB, 20GB etc.). Both have/had cardboard on both sides. If it's the same type of cardboard that the PS3 had, it's a heavy duty type.

cakefoo

I was pretty sure it was bs but a lot of people fell for it and it was posted across several sites.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sony...ad-399-11-15-2013-a-1348430/473/#post17702278

I unboxed the PS4 earlier today, and inside the actual PS4 console does NOT have ANY of those cardboard pads that they had with the PS3, instead just thin paper cardboard holding it in place.

It is literally the console wrapped with a thin layer of clear plastic that is streamlined fitted in the slim box. Also the cardboard used for the PS4 box is thinner than my PS3 Slim 160GB box.

The shippers have to box the console box before shipping to avoid damage as there is almost no padding inside the PS4 box.

Clearly now we see that it's padded the same way as the PS3 was.

That user is a suspected thief AND a liar.

Timu

Are any chains selling PS4 games early? I didn't preorder Killzone. All my gamestops said they won't sell it until the 15th.
Weird, one of my Gamestops is selling Killzone now as I picked it up days ago and now I called if they had Knack and I can pick that up as well.=p

They mentioned that those extra 50 were never promised the console at launch so I am going to assume they are after the August cut-off.

Tears.

They wait for the second shipment.

Sounds like Sony may be exceeding their original shipping expectations then

I think PS4's launch is going to be huge

nib95

Banned
hrm.. best buy page saying they'll have assassin's creed IV for PS4 tomorrow..

Tempted to just go buy Killzone, Knack and Assassin's Creed IV tomorrow.

Then I'll just be waiting on my ps4 from amazon next week.

I am with the knowledge.

Thanks for the fast reply. I ask because my small, local shop says they requested 50 consoles and have 33 full paid off pre-orders with a bunch paying off. If I pay off tomorrow 432.22 I would be maybe 36th or so in line. If they do not get their full alottment then yeah, have to wait for the dreaded 2nd shipment ( god knows when that will be ). Risky, but could be only shot at a launch console.

I called em today and still saying they do not know exact amount

Thanks for the fast reply. I ask because my small, local shop says they requested 50 consoles and have 33 full paid off pre-orders with a bunch paying off. If I pay off tomorrow 432.22 I would be maybe 36th or so in line. If they do not get their full alottment then yeah, have to wait for the dreaded 2nd shipment ( god knows when that will be ). Risky, but could be only shot at a launch console.

I called em today and still saying they do not know exact amount

Yeah, mom & pop shops tend to get the shaft when it comes to console launches. Would you be able to get your money back if they don't get you one for launch?

Unless he can provide pics, he should be banned for the misinformation imo. The recent tear down shows the unboxing and the cardboard padding is clearly visible.

He stopped posting completely on the 5th. Not much we can do and RedFlag's moderation is spotchy at best.

sith ewok

I've had Killzone for awhile now. Gamestop called and told me I could come in and pick up my preorder, so I figured what the heck?

Anyone seen the vertical stand in stores yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom