• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizzeh

Banned
I wonder were abouts "MY" future console is now :).... likely still on a pallet in China, being that UK aint getting theirs until the 29th.... I will sleep knowing it is out there somewhere, just waiting to be claimed!

I do hope its been well made! :D

Yeah, mom & pop shops tend to get the shaft when it comes to console launches. Would you be able to get your money back if they don't get you one for launch?

He stopped posting completely on the 5th. Not much we can do and RedFlag's moderation is spotchy at best.

Everything but 105$.

I will have to look at the history of console launches to see the average wait for that 2nd wave. Prob post UK launch I would think?

1169843_215307518640772_323294178_n.jpg

waterboy-nipple-pinch-uhhhh-o.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Gamestop.com shows Knack is shipping now, they haven't called me about my preorder though. Maybe I'll just swing by on Saturday.

The official stand is not available for launch in the US, per the official FAQ.

Dang it, was gonna have it standing, oh well I can wait till it releases. Thanks for the answer. Now I need to cut some holes in the back of my stand to keep it well ventilated.

EDIT: Found the quote, guess there won't be an official stand and all third party

In North America, vertical stands for PS4 will be released by partners as officially licensed program products during PS4’s launch window.

headshot95

Neo Member
Have any of you guys played the PS4 at any of the kiosks at like Best Buy or places like that? I was at Best Buy today and the PS4 they had there didn't work. I was just wondering if anybody had any impressions of the system.

Just as I said that, I got a text saying I could pick up NBA 2K tomorrow. It's happening.

I have the controller and Killzone at the moment, just missing the most important component. Maybe by some freak lucky accident, I get my PS4 early from Amazon, it's happened to others before why can't it happen to me right?

Have any of you guys played the PS4 at any of the kiosks at like Best Buy or places like that? I was at Best Buy today and the PS4 they had there didn't work. I was just wondering if anybody had any impressions of the system.

I've played a demo unit at a local sony store but it has the demo OS so not sure what you're expecting?

Controller is fantastic. Knack was an old build but I'm sure I'll have fun with it

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I have the controller and Killzone at the moment, just missing the most important component. Maybe by some freak lucky accident, I get my PS4 early from Amazon, it's happened to others before why can't it happen to me right?

It's certainly possible if it ships on the 13th. I'm sure a few lucky people will get their console on Thursday.

Greecian-

I played with a kiosk at GameStop today. I played through the Knack demo. On hard difficulty, it's really a challenge. It seemed like 1-2 hits and you were dead. Lots of dodging is necessary.

As far as the UI, there wasn't much to be seen. You could scroll up/down to view things such as demos or game information.

I've be using the Dualshock 4 for a few weeks now. It's such a step up from the DS3. It feels so perfect in the hands. The triggers are amazing. It takes some getting used to as far as hitting th share/option buttons without looking. At first, I kept clicking down on the touch pad in search for a non-existent select button.

If anyone is worried that the box is too small and thin to be able to provide enough protection for the PS4, I wouldn't worry too much. I shipped my 160gb slim (bigger than PS4) with 4 games, 2 DS3's, manuals and all necessary cables in a usps medium flat rate box

f8879049-e470-46e2-8e3b-7044dbbc2224_zpsb3736ab4.jpg

It shipped across the US with no problem. The box is probably as thin or thinner and it's definitely smaller overall. as long as the PS4 doesn't have room to move around it should be fine.
It's gonna be one long ass wait on Friday.

YXjDZNs.gif

igtaLoT.gif

Elios83

Treat this as some kind of sci-fi rumor but word is on the street that Sony is thinking about launching PS4 in Europe on November 21 or 22.
Employees at Gamestop have been advised to prepare space for both consoles at the same time and not to rely on the fact that the two launches will happen separately.
I don't know what to think LOL.
I'd like to know if insiders here have heard something similar....famous?

Covfan

Treat this as some kind of sci-fi rumor but word is on the street that Sony is thinking about launching PS4 in Europe on November 21 or 22.
Employees at Gamestop have been advised to prepare space for both consoles at the same time and not to rely on the fact that the two launches will happen separately.
Didn't one of the consoles recently released have no "release date" as such in the EU and as soon as shops recieved them they could start selling them?

Be really surprised if this happened though, the logistics of two consoles launching on the same day seem very wild and I assume Sony advertising is built on the 29th being the magical date for the EU.

headshot95

Neo Member
I've played a demo unit at a local sony store but it has the demo OS so not sure what you're expecting?

Controller is fantastic. Knack was an old build but I'm sure I'll have fun with it

I was expecting it to work at least. All I could do was hit the guide button and attempt to close the game Knack even though the game wasn't actually working.

lol what is going on in that picture?

Is that a photoshop or real?

Adam boyes taking a pic of the countdown until PS4 launches?

I was expecting it to work at least. All I could do was hit the guide button and attempt to close the game Knack even though the game wasn't actually working.

Yeah that's got to suck, the demo units are disappointing to say the least

But well demo units going to demo unit

nope..

Elios83

Didn't one of the consoles recently released have no "release date" as such in the EU and as soon as shops recieved them they could start selling them?

Be really surprised if this happened though, the logistics of two consoles launching on the same day seem very wild and I assume Sony advertising is built on the 29th being the magical date for the EU.

Indeed that's what I think as well, but the fact that retailers are being 'warned' about a potential early release seems weird, that's why I asked about what insiders here are hearing.

Indeed that's what I think as well, but the fact that retailers are being 'warned' about a potential early release seems weird, that's why I asked about what insiders here are hearing.

I don't see it

You don't move the console release date forward this late

You need to give people time to sort the money etc.

Yes even a week could cause a problem with this

I wonder if you put the PS4 disc into the PS3 if a " SOON " message appears, then shows a preview reel of the game you put in with a nice Antonio B. gif to finish it off.

Jeels

Wait, no stand at launch? Any idea when it will be available? I would rather not go third party for that...

Edit: Found this

What accessories will be available at launch for PS4?

In addition to the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and PlayStation Camera, North American accessories available at launch will include the PS4 vertical stand ($14.00 MSRP), which enable owners gamers to securely place the PS4 system in the vertical position, and the DUALSHOCK 4 charging cradle ($29.99 MSRP), which enables two controllers to be charged away from the PS4 system.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom