• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1393537_10153439266890261_2039999253_n.jpg

I think I see my PS4 in there...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I have never been so HYPE

PS3 launch felt like a disaster waiting to happen but this time i feel like :eek:bamaheadwipe

PBY

Banned
I have never been so HYPE

PS3 launch felt like a disaster waiting to happen but this time i feel like :eek:bamaheadwipe

Im very hyped too... but lol the disasters are still coming. Day 1 patches, PSN, game servers...

All of its gonna be fuuuuuucked.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Im very hyped too... but lol the disasters are still coming. Day 1 patches, PSN, game servers...

Luckily will be able to play games on your PS4 without having to wait for a day one patch to be downloaded from overloaded servers.

Deadly_headmen

Neo Member
lucky bastards. Rest of us have to wait till the 29th. Well at least we get to sit back and let you guys test everything out. Lucky Australia isnt 6 months behind this time

FaintDeftone

Especially since all of the core features require that patch.

I heard that the patch is downloadable and can be installed via thumb drive if all hell happens to break loose.

I dunno I think Sony will be on top of it. I mean with the US launch what are we expecting? 1m sales? Maybe less? So I do not think the servers are going to get crushed under the weight of 10m people like Diablo 3, Sim City or GTA V Online.

I have faith.

Looking at console launch history o_O

Did the PS3 really sell only 200K in 2 weeks?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I heard that the patch is downloadable and can be installed via thumb drive if all hell happens to break loose.

Yes. I will just download it on my computer while playing a game with the 1.0 version.

Day 1 patch won't be a big deal. Just download the file to usb that is already out there and install and be done with it. Game servers and PSN should be fine. I'm still debating if I want to cancel my Amazon preorder or not and try Walmart at midnight.

PBY

Banned
Day 1 patch won't be a big deal. Just download the file to usb that is already out there and install and be done with it. Game servers and PSN should be fine. I'm still debating if I want to cancel my Amazon preorder or not and try Walmart at midnight.

I think PSN is gonna be fucked. Thats just me. I go in with the lowest expectations for launches nowadays. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

FaintDeftone

Huh? It's always that way on PS3. Don't see why they'd change it for PS4. It's convenient to have two ways to update.

I'm just saying that if the servers freak out upon release, at least we should be able to download the patch via a PC and thumb drive in case we cannot download it directly off of the console.

rjinaz

Hmm, my PS4 reselling plan might not go so well...

Nah, I know it looks like a lot, but we already knew Sony was shipping a lot and this looks to be a couple thousand. These are all pre-orders so it's the people these aren't going to that will want one.

I have two pre-orders but I'm still deciding if I should cancel one or try to flip it. Only got like four days to decide.

I'm just saying that if the servers freak out upon release, at least we should be able to download the patch via a PC and thumb drive in case we cannot download it directly off of the console.
Same thing with ps3. Download from site to flash drive.
Always was the option
Same for vita

the worst part of waiting is that there is one console destined to die in a YouTube video due to a fan-boy. I salute you destined console.

ePDRmLN.jpg

Was going to wait a few years before getting a PS4 but I ended up ordering one with the shop.ca + ebates.ca deal. Greatness awaits.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
oh god I better get mine on launch day. don't fuck this up, Walmart.

EDIT: wait, just checked my order on Walmart.com. says "Your order is being processed. It will arrive on Thursday, 11/21/2013."

hold me gaf.

Saw the pic on facebook and nearly jizzed my pants. Ha, who am i kidding i DID jizz my pants!

Hype through the fucking roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wizzbang

Banned
10 days ago I was getting an XB1 and was kind of meh about it. Now that I've made the switch I'm so excited. These pics. =O

I'm in second, third or even fourth run for a PS4 and you know I'm giddy and eager and want more news and shit, but ultimately the ACTUAL GAMES on both consoles for the next 6 months,...... won't be much good stuff :/
Gotta keep it in check, you know?

10 days ago I was getting an XB1 and was kind of meh about it. Now that I've made the switch I'm so excited. These pics. =O

It really is hard not to get swept away from this kind of hype. I'm trying to introduce the system wars but their preorders alone outpace the entire Wii launch sales. We are truly looking at the biggest launch in the history of gaming. No one has ever experienced anything like this before. It is beyond special. It is historic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom