• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_inline_mvyoum5Lnb1qlkly8.gif

Hahahaha.

SnakeEyes

Banned
AHAH brilliant.

I'm 30 with a 20 months kid. my wife says I like the ps4 more than them lol.
Some times, out of nowhere I whisper in her ear: "x days left"... Makes her mad. :)
I married my girlfriend of 9 years about 6 months ago, and I do the same thing to her. When she gets mad, I respond with "You knew I was a gamer when you married me..." :D

man I lived in Indonesia, no official channel of distribution from Sony here so some game store have imported stock from HongKong or Singapore with inflated price day one. I wonder when will I be able to get PS4 with something close to normal price. :(

PS3 debut at $1800 in my country, not official price, just the imported price local game store is selling it for, and it actually sell to, my friend told me a story when he go to locala gamestore and see 10 year old kid whining to his father to buy PS3 and his father bought it at that price.

ohNOitsRO

Yeeaaahhh Miami represent! My gamestop on Flagler had no preorders and I never got a call from their supposed "list" so :(

But fuck them I got my shit paid off from Gamestop :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Maaaaaaaan, if Target is shipping units early they're going to be in deep trouble. Breaking street date = hefty fines.

Maaaaaaaan, if Target is shipping units early they're going to be in deep trouble. Breaking street date = hefty fines.

That's interesting, didn't know there were fines for that sort of thing

Makes sense though as a disincentive. Imagine it's in a contract to be able to sell the consoles

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's interesting, didn't know there were fines for that sort of thing

Makes sense though as a disincentive. Imagine it's in a contract to be able to sell the consoles

Retail outlets can be severely punished by manufacturers for releasing a product even a day before the street date, a process known as "breaking street." If a retailer breaches the contract establishing a street date, the manufacturer may impose fines, may withdraw privileges to distribute future products from that manufacturer, and may file a lawsuit to enforce the contract. However, there is no documentation of a retail chain or store being fined or any action taken against them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_date

SRTtoZ

Every time I read this thread title I start to sing the song:

Playstation 4 consoles sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G.

Grinchy

Banned
Yes, underneath all the DO NOT SELL UNTIL NOVEMBER 15TH stickers. We got 108 in. I think we should be fine for people walking in launch day and getting one.

Damn 108 units for one Walmart as a first shipment? That sounds like a lot.

lupin23rd

Man I wonder if there is a warehouse somewhere that is basically just stacks upon stacks of PS4s, Xbox Ones, and iPads Airs and nothing else.

pubba

Kind of related question: If the street date is broken on a larger scale, will Amazon start shipping the day one PS4 consoles straight away?

I'm worried because I don't have enough cash on my credit card to pay for it until like the 12th of November. If they ship PS4 early and try to charge my card, it won't go through. I don't want to miss out. Surely they would send out a warning email a day or so beforehand if the PS4 ships earlier than planned?

Sakura

Yea it seems like a lot to me. I'm not even sure we need that many. We only had like 20~ Wii Us for launch, and regardless of how it is selling now, it still sold pretty good day 1 if I remember correctly. There are about 3000 Walmart Supercentres in the US according to wikipedia. If the average number of PS4s per Walmart was like the amount my store got, that would be over 300,000 PS4s day 1 at Walmart alone. That seems crazy to me.

Kind of related question: If the street date is broken on a larger scale, will Amazon start shipping the day one PS4 consoles straight away?

I'm worried because I don't have enough cash on my credit card to pay for it until like the 12th of November. If they ship PS4 early and try to charge my card, it won't go through. I don't want to miss out. Surely they would send out a warning email a day or so beforehand if the PS4 ships earlier than planned?

Yeah amazon isn't breaking street date

They sell every major electronics hot ticket item and doubt they've ever done it

I believe the consensus is charges will happen on the 13th? Anyone care to correct me?

I don't even know why i'm so hyped. I don't even like Killzone all that much but my hype levels are going off the chart.

It's calling for snow on Thursday night here too. I don't give a shit if its a 10 foot blizzard. I'm getting my PS4.

don't even know what i'll do first. Download Warframe? Resogun? Install KZ? (afraid to play while installs in case of any hiccups)...

Piggus

The Wal-Mart stores around here when the PS3 came out were getting anywhere between 2 and 6 units total. Single digit numbers. It was insane.

Thank you Sony for developing a system that you can actually manufacrure. :p

Pop

don't even know what i'll do first. Download Warframe? Resogun? Install KZ? (afraid to play while installs in case of any hiccups)...

I'll be sniffing my Ps4 box first. Then opening it ever so slowly to get the hype flowing. Then rub the console real gently like. Plug it all in, download the patch then explore the layers of the UI. When I'm done drooling from the overloaded excitement, I'll start the download for Warframe.

lacinius

Kinda concerned about the "thinness" of the PS4 box, and that Amazon or whoever is just going to slap a shipping label on it and send it out into the wild. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom