• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Alright! Picked up my PS4 Pro.

But I need peer pressure to get me to go buy a 4K TV.

Pics doesnt do it justice but I tried lol.

15034225_1627929760566498_719673710_o.jpg

winstano

Just tried Hitman on the Pro and standard PS4... The Pro looks... Worse?! Zoomed in on the fountain in the opening scene of Paris:

screenshot2016-11-10abxu6y.png

Standard

screenshot2016-11-10anku3m.png

Pro

And no, that's not the wrong way round!

-griffy-

Banned
It's not a shadow though, it happens with puddles of water.

Does it change when you exit the menu? It's changing significant render settings when you flip that setting, from 4K/HQ shadows/60fps to 1800p/regular shadows/30fps. Wouldn't be entirely unexpected for stuff to be weird for a moment before settling.

Getting this with Vizio P series. 4K/ RGB not supported. Anyone know what's up?

Why does it say only 2k supported? Hmm..

Have you activated the HDMI port for the UHD HDR input?
For samsung TVs the option is called HDMI UHD Color and you need to activate the HDMI port where you hook up the Ps4.

dyergram

Sony gold headset does work with the pro by the way guys. Haven't had much of a mess with the system yet as I need to re download some games. Will have a proper go tomorrow.

Venuspower

Games tested so far on my 1080p TV:
TLOU-R: Really awesome The image looks much cleaner than before. Only problem I found: Some textures are glitched while 30 FPS mode is enabled (e.g. water). Really good to see
while Joel and Ellie enter the Forest before they meet Bill.
(My friend has that issue too).

Skyrim: Really insane. Did not play it on base mode before. But my friend said, that there is a huge improvement in image quality, too. The image quality itself is really good.

GTA V: I know, it does not have a PRO Patch, but loading times are much faster. I do not know if it is the Firecuda. But it is one of the biggest improvements for me.

€: A video showing the graphic bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l4Sph5wkpc

Sorry for failing with the menu ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hanmik

It's not a shadow though, it happens with puddles of water.

Games tested so far on my 1080p TV:
TLOU-R: Really awesome The image looks much cleaner than before. Only problem I found: Some textures are glitched while 30 FPS mode is enabled (e.g. water). Really good to see
while Joel and Ellie enter the Forest before they meet Bill.
(My friend has that issue too).

Skyrim: Really insane. Did not play it on base mode before. But my friend said, that there is a huge improvement in image quality, too.

GTA V: I know, it does not have a PRO Patch, but loading times are much faster. I do not know if it is the Firecuda. But it is one of the biggest improvements for me.

Same issues ?

Just tried Hitman on the Pro and standard PS4... The Pro looks... Worse?! Zoomed in on the fountain in the opening scene of Paris:

Standard

Pro

Oh no wait, it looks worse in the standard version. But yes, it looks blurrier on the Pro.
But the jaggies and artifacts on the standard version look worse overall imo.

Copper

Only game I've tried so far is TLOU R system definately pumps out a lot of heat and can get loud. This was in 1800p 60fps mode

MildSoss

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask but some thing weird happened when i did the first mandatory update on the Pro. I had it hooked to my 4K HDMI slot on my TV and as soon as I updated the Pro restarted and wouldnt send a signal to my TV.

It works fine on my other HDMI slots but for some reason it just doesn't show on the 5th one and thats the one I would really like to use since Vizio recommends for gaming because of the low input lag.

Any help would be appreciated. :(

Has Hitman been patched yet? Also First Light is 60FPS? It definitely feels like it.

Let me make an addendum:

Trying out Hitman and the patch is definitely there. But the differences aren't that apparent on 1080p as the game is fairly clean regardless but now it's practically jaggy free.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Standard

Pro

Did a Hitman patch get released yet for support?

DjRalford

Standard

Pro

Thats awful, wonder if its some extra processing going on on the Pro that still occurs when in base mode, looks similar to the increased smear effect seen on FF Worlds

Dammit man! I've had my Pro since 4pm, but won't be able to play anything due to the transfer until 11pm. Wtf bro; is there no way to speed this up? I have it set up wireless with the ethernet cord between both PS4s; should I do it wired with both to the router? I'm on Fios 150 Mbps.

MildSoss

Dammit man! I've had my Pro since 4pm, but won't be able to play anything due to the transfer until 11pm. Wtf bro; is there no way to speed this up? I have it set up wireless with the ethernet cord between both PS4s; should I do it wired with both to the router? I'm on Fios 150 Mbps.

I did about 500 Gigs in about 2 hours so yes, i'd recommend wired if you can do it.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Are the ps4pro's advanced settings found in game?

I can't find anything in bf1's menus. Game seems to be running better but I can't tell if its a placebo.

Gamerman1

PRO is dead silent compared to my jet engine PS4. I played DOOM for 20 minutes to see how it would sound. Zero fan noise. I had to put my hand behind to feel the hot air. It was very warm air and the top and bottom where warm but too bad. Feel the cool air from the sides being sucked in.

Maybe it boosts the fan in PRO mode when the higher cpu and second gpu come online.

One simple observation from a 1080p TV owner with Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'm probably not the first one to see that.

High framerate >>> Better Graphics any day. I can't see any serious difference graphics wise between the two modes (granted I don't have a huge TV but still). However the difference with the frame rate is night and day.

Is everyone on the same line as me with RoTR ? That's the only game I've tried for now.

Top Bottom