• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
My Pro is telling me that "Only 2K supported" for HDR.

I have an X850D. Is this because it's in game mode?

winstano

Could you post some non zoomed screenshots please. Looks quite good, I think the blur could be the new AA applied to the game.

hitmanreg106sf7.png

hitmanpro1mps6q.png

hitmanreg2n7sz6.png

hitmanpro2z7su8.png

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Has anyone with a 1080P display noticed that Rise of the Tomb Raider looks different on 4K and the Enriched Visuals modes? Is 4K mode downsampling it to 1080P?
Yes, 4K mode is downsampling and the Enriched visuals mode has no downsampling but has a few visual aspects improved:

Hardware tessellation has been added
Anisotropic filtering has been increased, they didn't say what level
Additional dynamic foliage
Increased LOD
Cutscene quality hair is present during gameplay
Sun soft shadows
Improved bokeh DOF

All that said, aliasing looks bad in the enriched mode, and all these improvements are pretty subtle all in all. Visual candy gained by supersampling far outweights all these improvements

Mine got delivered a little bit ago. Made sure all my saves are backed up and am currently transferring all screenshots and videos from my original PS4 to a USB drive. Then I will delete my account and factory reset it and get it ready to go for craigslist. I have to work tonight so I doubt I'll get to use the Pro before bed, but I'm excited to set it up tomorrow and start Rise of the Tomb Raider and get into my PSVR titles I've been holding off on.

c00l3ru

Ok then. Been on the ps4 pro all day for around 10 hours played a few games mostly Uncharted 4 and Ratchet and Clank and can honestly say that the ps4 pro is one hell of a bargain if you have a 4k tv. The image quality is on another level. Fucking amazing.

Venom Fox

Banned
Thought I'd ask here as I can't find the headset thread.

I bought the Astro A50 2016 headset today to go with my Pro and for the life of me cannot find any info on the EQ switch. I know the modes are (Astro, Pro, Studio) but cannot find any help on which is which. Does anyone here know?

Lady Gaia

Alright! Picked up my PS4 Pro.

But I need peer pressure to get me to go buy a 4K TV.

I'm considering getting the KS8000 - anyone own that set that thinks the difference is definitely worth it?

It's a nice set, no question, but the differences for HD content are subtle when compared to our existing 2012 1080p television. I'm expecting my PS4 Pro to arrive in the next hour or two and will be performing a more exhaustive analysis with the two systems running side-by-side on two televisions with HDR 4k content in play.

bronk

Banned
I have a Vizio, I initially plugged in the pro and it worked on the HDMI 5 port and said it was 4k. I updated it and then it rebooted and now it won't send a signal to hdmi 5 which is the 60hz. I been messing with it for an hour.
I have the vizio m60 and was having a problem too. It would pop up for a second and cut out. I figured out it was my hdmi switcher and plugged it straight into tv from pro and it worked for me. I used hdmi 4k@60 since that is one with low input lag.

Went to the store to pick up a Samsung KS8000.

But Jesus did the employee really want to push the Sony X850D on me.

I told her to fuck right off - I'm listening to NeoGAF and rtings.

DBT85

My Pro is telling me that "Only 2K supported" for HDR.

I have an X850D. Is this because it's in game mode?

Have you enabled anything that might be needed on the TV, or have you checked which ports on the TV can take a 4k/60 HDR signal?

morpix

Went to the store to pick up a Samsung KS8000.

But Jesus did the employee really want to push the Sony X850D on me.

I told her to fuck right off - I'm listening to NeoGAF and rtings.

Good choice. Check the KS8000 settings thread. Also, update the firmware via USB. Go download it from the Samsung support site for your region. Their OTA updates have been unreliable for me.

AsakuraZ

Damnit GAF I caved and ended up picking one up today. I appreciate all the folks letting us know how it looks on regular 1080p displays. I plan on getting a 4k down the line, hopefully there are some really good black Friday sales, but if not I'm sure all the other benefits of the console will pay off.

Shock32

I have the vizio m60 and was having a problem too. It would pop up for a second and cut out. I figured out it was my hdmi switcher and plugged it straight into tv from pro and it worked for me. I used hdmi 4k@60 since that is one with low input lag.

OK, im currently transferring from my old ps4 ill try that afterwards. I had to plug it into hdmi 4 just to get a signal.

I've got my Pro hooked up and data transferred from my OG PS4. Now, just waiting for my KS8000 65 inch to show up either tomorrow or Monday. Took advantage of a corporate perks program to buy directly from Samsung's website. Initially was going to get the $700 55 inch KS8000 but figured, since I bought my current 1080p set from Walmart on the great online glitch morning for far less than I should have, I have a bit of money in the proverbial bank to upgrade to the 65 inch version.

SeanR1221

This is driving me up a wall.

I have an external HDD I use with my MacBook I'm trying to back the PS4 up to and I can't. Any advice?

Top Bottom