• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its more than likely they helped form the studio to make this game and if it was a success they'd have a new team to work with and eventually probably aquire and probably make them the dedicated All Star team. But if the game flops and Sony doesn't like their preformance for whatever reason, they can easily just tell them "See ya!" since they would have no other commitments with them.

I dunno, I dont think they would do that. A lot of the superbot staff came from SSM. Shannon Studstill, who formed Superbot, was the main producer on the first GoW. Also by Sony "helping" them form the studio, that obviously means "finanncally help." So if they let it get shut down, they loose out on there investment. It really makes no logical sense how they were allowed to be independent. I'm sure they have a contract to only make games for Sony though. MS would of never allowed them to be independent. Maybe situations like this is why Sony seems to have much better relationships with its 1st/2nd party developers then MS does.

Loudninja

Then SCEA really, really bet on the wrong dev. They should have let superbot just make a fighting/party game of original IP. Or leave it to SCEJ to make PS all star game.

Whoever green lighted this in the SCEA needs to get fired. ASAP.
What in the hell?

Superbot is doing a fantastic job on the game,a game with smooth 60FPS gameplay.

Kyon

Banned
Then SCEA really, really bet on the wrong dev. They should have let superbot just make a fighting/party game of original IP. Or leave it to SCEJ to make PS all star game.

Get out

-___-

I dont agree. The game is great mechanically, and the mash up idea with stages is genius imo and is something thats never been done before. Also while the graphics and overall presentation was originally lacking, it has improved a lot in the recent builds. A lot of people are starting to say this game is crap based the horrible marketing and leak scandal. Thats not the game itself though! Its definitely not Superbot's fault either. It's Sony's.

Between America and Japan, which one has more experience making fighting games?

what does that have to do with anything?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I just realize we still dont know who the final boss is.

I just realized we don't know if there is a final boss period. Or at least I don't know if there is one. Did they ever say there would be one?

yay something we dont know! If the final boss leaks before the game releases I'll shocked by the fact how much leaking a single game can have. If the games street date is broken, and its found out a couple days before release thats a bit different, but yet it would suggest this game was cursed.

I just realized we don't know if there is a final boss period. Or at least I don't know if there is one. Did they ever say there would be one?

yes they did.

libregkd

Yeah, Omar said something along the lines of "Long time fans of Playstation will be pleased with the final boss" sometime around ComicCon I think. But yeah SuperBot has confirmed there is a "Final Boss" for the game.

kuroshiki

I'm pretty sure that last boss is going to be the one original Superbot created. That's why there is no leak.

Yeah, Omar said something along the lines of "Long time fans of Playstation will be pleased with the final boss" sometime around ComicCon I think. But yeah SuperBot has confirmed there is a "Final Boss" for the game.

Somehow I really doubt that.

Guys, I thought of a way to get Crash in the game. Paul Gale will confirm Crash as a playable character and everyone will spread the word and believe it, and if everyone believes it, it becomes true.

kuroshiki

Neither do I but I don't think it is going to be an original character created specifically for the game.

If they follow Nintendo's footstep of SMB, they will.

Also no final boss leak until now besides everyone else in the roaster has been leaked, kinda points to the way that it is something that we never heard before (or care, for that matter).

libregkd

Also no final boss leak until now besides everyone else in the roaster has been leaked, kinda points to the way that it is something that we never heard before (or care, for that matter).
Yeah, everyone in the roster. Final Boss isn't part of the roster.

kuroshiki

Yeah, everyone in the roster. Final Boss isn't part of the roster.

So, you think Sony suddenly tighten up their security when it comes to final boss but leaked everyone else? really?

The game is only month before release (and it should be in near-final stage by now before printing starts) and Superbot already finalized final boss by now if there is one.

At least that is my conclusion.

Hey who knows, maybe they will come up with some real bad ass original character.
nah

libregkd

So, you think Sony suddenly tighten up their security when it comes to final boss but leaked everyone else? really?

The game is only month before release (and it should be in near-final stage by now before printing starts) and Superbot already finalized final boss by now if there is one.

At least that is my conclusion.

Hey who knows, maybe they will come up with some real bad ass original character.
nah
More like playable character/stage files would be more likely still on a beta than a final boss is all. Nothing to do with tightening up security.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather the final boss doesn't get revealed period. The people that need to know would find out a couple of weeks before release thanks to leaks from the release version of the game, and maybe get excited enough to get this game on last minute hype. Meanwhile those of us that are getting the game regardless can go on a short media blackout around this game and find out about it ourselves.

Noi

Quoting myself from earlier:

Out of curiosity, I decided to go back to the Smash Bros. Dojo and check, by more or less the same distance to release as we are now for PS All Stars, what information we knew about Smash Bros. Brawl before it came out.

Brawl came out in Japan on Jan 31, 2008. By mid-December, roughly a month and a half from when the game came out, we knew:

- A huge majority of the cast and their special moves, without having revealed hidden Veterans like Marth and Ness or Newcomers like ROB and Wolf.
- Tons of posts on different techniques, move types, the now-dreaded tripping, and details on how the final smash/smash ball worked.
- Nearly all of the Assist Trophies, PokeBall monsters and Normal Items.
- The game's main story mode, Subspace Emissary, as well as having a few of the game's CG clips teasing some of the mode's cameo bosses like Rayquaza and Petey Pirahna. As well as Special Brawl, the Stage Builder, Stickers, Team battles, Tournament mode, Rotation mode, Training mode and Spectator mode for online play.
- 19 Stages, with one of them being a returning Melee stage tease.
- A nice amount of clips from different songs in the game, the My Music feature for music selection per stage, as well as all the composers who contributed to the soundtrack.

It's kind of embarrassing that most of what we know/knew about All-Stars didn't come from the devs themselves, but from leaks.

I don't care to know who the final boss is, but we should really have more story details than " there is a story mode that may or may not be the arcade mode" and "there are rivals".

Jawmuncher

I don't care to know who the final boss is, but we should really have more story details than " there is a story mode that may or may not be the arcade mode" and "there are rivals".

I agree.
They easily could have toild us more about the modes in the abscene of no new reveals at TGS. Hell I'd have preferred it.
They are being a bit to quiet on the mode, which is leaving me to believe it's pretty bare bones.

Desmond

Making sure the Cole twins were some of the last character reveals also ruffles my jimmies.

V6w75.gif
Rustles my Jimmies. If you're gonna whine,get it right.

thuway

You do realize that this is a first time effort from a Studio with some of the top fighting dev's in North America? If you played the beta, than you would know it is an incredible game. You should support the game and hopefully in the sequel you'll see the cast and updates you so earnestly want.

So I wake up to find that nothing seems set in stone anymore, and that there are several conflicting reports as to what the status is with this game's roster and its PR. What a shambles. Seeing two Coles on the official Battle Royale site has never made me feel more depressed.

We know pretty much exactly how story works after comicon panel. Every character will have unique intro, rival and ending scenes. It works like arcade mode with different match types on stages. There is a final boss.

This ''final boss'' has gathered the characters for a battle royale and characters have different reasons to compete in it. Also characters arrive differently based on motives. Character descriptions give away that Kratos for example is forced there and he just wants to kill the guy who did it. Maybe Sly is just after the prize for example.

Jawmuncher

We know pretty much exactly how story works after comicon panel. Every character will have unique intro, rival and ending scenes. It works like arcade mode with different match types on stages. There is a final boss.

Well I hope theres actual cutscenes none of that 2D picture garbage capcom likes to do.

Man I feel bad for Superbot. Here they are making their first game as a team together and they have nailed so many aspects of the game, but had their load blown through a leak, and it feels like they are always 1-2 characters away from pleasing people. I guess they don't help their cause much by the horrible communication they have had as of late with their fans.

The crazy thing is if they announced Crash and Kat are on the disc for release people will come out and say "hype restored". It's amazing how much impact 2 characters can have on people's view of the game.

5amshift

Banned
Got to play the demo at Walmart yesterday and played as the Big Daddy. Didn't really know what I was doing hitting R2 at times and he teleported somewhere. Then the other time a little sister came out. Loved the non-stop action and movesets seemed awesome. I wasn't picking this up initially, but I may have changed my own mind.

Got to play the demo at Walmart yesterday and played as the Big Daddy. Didn't really know what I was doing hitting R2 at times and he teleported somewhere. Then the other time a little sister came out. Loved the non-stop action and movesets seemed awesome. I wasn't picking this up initially, but I may have changed my own mind.

Glad you liked it. There should be a public beta sometime soon. So hopefully you get another chance to play it as well as others.

R2 is the button to trigger supers and kill your opponents. You build meter by hitting your opponents with the base moves on square, triangle, and circle. When you get hit you are letting your opponents build meter and in turn you aren't building meter which means they are one step closer to killing you.

As a fighting game vet, it really is the Japanese that usually get them right. Western ones are usually lacking in some manner, some more recent ones have been competent but the only memorable ones I can think of have been Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct. Superbot has been fighting an uphill battle this entire time. Now after lame cash ins and a limited launch roster.. it's going to be hard to get hype back again :\

Kouichi

The lack of news hasn't killed my hype at all, but man it is killing me. Come on Sony/Superbot, what are you waiting for? Show off them modes, stages, items, and pro gameplay videos! Please!

Also, for your sake Paul, you better hope you can prove your innocence....

ibbzL3WPBL4ewE.gif

Or we will find you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom