• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

SerTapTap

We also had a crapton of games in march though. Yet more reason game devs should release games all year round, I really don't get this "march and fall are the only months that exist" attitude of AAA, also wish smaller studios would do a better job of filling the gaps. NISA seems to act a bit too big-publisher-y in a few ways, including seemingly targeting "the big months". Tons of XSEED stuff at year end too. Estival Versus would have been a perfect Summer release for more than one reason.

Top of page preorder Neptunia Rebirth 3 I guess since NO ONE IS RELEASING GAMES

This is a good idea. Another thing that I could suggest is for those with talents to post them here. Stuff related to gaming such as music, video, art, etc. Persona GAF used to do it, with weekly themes and whatnot and it was not only fun to participate but also to see.

Ah, that's an idea. I do try to post in here if I have a video/review that's relevant to playstation. But Iv'e been slow lately, I think I took off a bit more than I could chew with the website, also reviewing JRPGs is...jesus christ I should probably just not do that. Takes forever.

SerTapTap

oh my god, Super Meat Boy on Vita, and free for PS+. Thats a megaton. Pleeease be a good port.

Whaaaaaaaaat where was this announced? I thought their MS deal prevented any PS release ever. SMB isn't exactly my fav game of Ed's but it's great to see it on more platforms, tiny levels make it a great fit for Vita too. Just don't throw your controller.

Tizoc

Whaaaaaaaaat where was this announced? I thought their MS deal prevented any PS release ever. SMB isn't exactly my fav game of Ed's but it's great to see it on more platforms, tiny levels make it a great fit for Vita too. Just don't throw your controller.

Well if you stop lurking in just this one thread you'd know it was announced and there's a thread for it on GAF :v

Ah, that's an idea. I do try to post in here if I have a video/review that's relevant to playstation. But Iv'e been slow lately, I think I took off a bit more than I could chew with the website, also reviewing JRPGs is...jesus christ I should probably just not do that. Takes forever.
Ahaha I can just imagine. God knows how hard it is for me already to beat them without time constraints.

As for myself I am starting to be a bit more active drawing (having already posted one drawing here a few days ago). I plan on starting something either today or tomorrow. I encourage anyone with drawing skills, or even with a slight passion for art to post here. I will try and do the same.

NISA seems to act a bit too big-publisher-y in a few ways, including seemingly targeting "the big months". Tons of XSEED stuff at year end too.

XSEED are usually quite bad for it, but I don't think NISA. Last year they released games in April; May & June - in 2013 it was April; July & August. This is the first time in a while they haven't spaced things out well.

I think I'm the only masochist who likes 1001 spikes but not Super Meat Boy. I can't pass on it either since its free on plus so I'll probably get it.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Regulars here before can be easily replaced with other people since the monthly thread usually never leaves the front page of the gaming side before. Now it seems that losing that makes every lost regular who post stuff here noticeable, as the supply of
fresh meat for banning
new to the thread dwindled significant in the past few months.

Unlike the Steam thread, we don't have other avenues to buy PSN games so we can't talk about how that bundle of games is cheap on bundle site X, or a game was cheaper in a foreign language site N. We have a fixed hardware games platform too so we can't talk about how I got a new card N for my rig C. So basically everything teamed up to create a slow thread.

Tizoc

Double posting to get it through some people's thick skulls, no offense

Megaman 1, 2, 3 and 4 are already available for PSVita (and so are 5 and 6)

Massa

Just now on the PSBlog. Something happened and now it's possible.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/08/super-meat-boy-is-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita-and-ps-plus/

SMB on a handheld is going to be so good

Holy mother of megaton. My Vita just woke up on its own this morning and now I know why.

Playstation 4 GAF
Which is better FIFA 15 or PES 2015?

I'd say give the demos a try, it's really up to you. I prefer FIFA but it's because I'm too used to it, most things people point as flaws are things I've learned to easily deal with.

Playstation 4 GAF
Which is better FIFA 15 or PES 2015?

I haven't played an entry in either of these series in a while but I was more of PES guy lately. FIFA just seems to get more complicated. PES is more arcadey. This is all outdated info tho so I am probably not much help. The lack of teams in PES doesn't matter for me because I only watch World Cup. FU to EA for not making a next gen World Cup game.

I having been thinking of getting a soccer/football/fútbol game when watching Women's World Cup. Pumped for USA tonight.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm not a Capcom or megaman fan but announcing the megaman collection for everything except vita(and wiiu) is still bad.

oh my god, Super Meat Boy on Vita, and free for PS+. Thats a megaton. Pleeease be a good port.

I'm not into "suicide" platformers but good news, the fact that in 2015 we have to pray for a good port of a simple 2d platformer is really sad though.

SerTapTap

I'm not a Capcom or megaman fan but announcing the megaman collection for everything except vita(and wiiu) is still bad.

I'm not into "suicide" platformers but good news, the fact that in 2015 we have to pray for a good port of a simple 2d platformer is really sad though.

That's So Capcom™. Seems pretty lame all around actually, other than for PC-only people I guess. The X/Anniversary collections already exist, are better, and are readily available for ~$20 for PS2 (and they perform just fine on PCSX2). I picked up both just last year so I think I'll pass unless this gets a retail release, which it won't.

And SMB isn't THAT simple, it's a brutal game where a frame dropped could kill you. Also Nicalis could fuck up a port of Pong if they tried.

the legacy system lives
guess I'll finally finish SMB

I hate House just for ensuring there will be yet another insufferable inaccurate Vita meme now.

XSEED are usually quite bad for it, but I don't think NISA. Last year they released games in April; May & June - in 2013 it was April; July & August. This is the first time in a while they haven't spaced things out well.

True, but in general it's very frustrating to see the massive deluge of fall games even from localizers. You'd think they'd eat up the ability to release games outside the AAA spawning season.

Shizuka

As much as I'm enjoying Operation Abyss, I have to admit that it'll be a strong year and it might not be my GOTY.

I refuse to accept the surname of Legacy Edition if it is on every platform but the Vita. Wii U is our legacy sibling now.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That's So Capcom™. Seems pretty lame all around actually, other than for PC-only people I guess. The X/Anniversary collections already exist, are better, and are readily available for ~$20 for PS2 (and they perform just fine on PCSX2). I picked up both just last year so I think I'll pass unless this gets a retail release, which it won't.

And SMB isn't THAT simple, it's a brutal game where a frame dropped could kill you. Also Nicalis could fuck up a port of Pong if they tried.

I hate House just for ensuring there will be yet another insufferable inaccurate Vita meme now.

True, but in general it's very frustrating to see the massive deluge of fall games even from localizers. You'd think they'd eat up the ability to release games outside the AAA spawning season.

I meant technically simple, SMB(super mario bros :O) looks to be tile based 2d pixel based platformer without great effects, it should run at 60fps on every today's hardware
except the 3ds maybe? XD

Tizoc

According to this list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Nintendo_3DS_(North_America)

the 3ds already has nes megaman 1 to 6, but it's getting the collection anyway.

EDIT:
no snes games in the vc? Really? Lol

Megaman 1-6 are available for PSVita and have been long before the 3DS ones got released
on JP PSN :p

No, they are not. Prove it.

Megaman 1
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 4
Megaman 5
Megaman 6

Not on EU PSN I think
Also who cares? That's a new port with new extras

Fair enough but hey the ones I got look so gewd on dat OLED <3

Tizoc

I don't know what your point is. This has a ton of new features that the old ones don't have. Why are you defending this?

Well you don't exactly need new features to enjoy a classic game like Megaman.
If you can play what you can on the system that you have, I personally think that's good and enough.
The extra features are indeed interesting, and I get why they'd be great to have on PSVita too.
Heck with the 3DS ver. releasing later maybe we'll see a Vita release eventually?

Takao

Banned
Megaman 1-6 are available for PSVita and have been long before the 3DS ones got released
on JP PSN :p

Megaman 1
Megaman 2
Megaman 3
Megaman 4
Megaman 5
Megaman 6

Fair enough but hey the ones I got look so gewd on dat OLED <3

Tizoc, stop being intentionally dense.

1) Some of those ports are busted.
2) Two of those ports are only available in Japan.
3) Buying them individually costs significantly more than this new collection.
4) 3DS having access to MM 1-6 NES hasn't prevented it from getting a Legacy Collection release.

RK128

Really happy with the news that Super Meat Boy is hitting PS4/Vita and its going to be a Plus tittle :D! Heard great things about this game and loved how it looked, so finally being able to play this will be really cool :).

A bit of a shame that the Mega Man Collection is not coming to Vita :l; sure, MM1-4 and 8 are on PSN, but its not the same thing (MM1-4 aren't the best versions of the games and NA/EU PSN is missing 5-6). At least we can play X4-5, Tron Bone and MM8 I guess :). Not the same thing, but its better then nothing at all :l.
I will laugh really hard if a Capcom person answers how we can play this on Vita with Remote Play.....

Back to positive stuff; since we are going to be getting Super Meat Boy sometime this year, what other Indie games not on PlayStation do you guys want to happen :)?

I personally want the Shantae series (Risky's Revenge and Pirates Curse) and Freedom Planet to land on Vita. Those beautiful sprite work games on dat OLED screen alongside the great D-Pad of the Vita.....platforming bliss I think :).

It would also be nice to get Bastion on Vita (I think that's coming still?) too.

Oh right, I forgot about Line

Sorry friends, I'm too much of an old fart for that sort of thing

F4Rh51x.jpg

How good are the Arcade Archives games? Do they have extra features like Leaderboards? Gradius looks very tempting.

They run well but are as barebones as possible. Even the trophies are all by navigating through the menus. Technically there are leaderboards but it isn't well done and you gotta really find it in the menu and upload it manually. I am ok with it because many collections are bloated with intros, menus and concept art I don't care about. Starts up the game fast which is important. Only think I don't like very much is the $8 price.

Welp since I suggested the art thing, I decided to whip up another drawing. This is more of a take of mine on Cirilla from The Witcher, rather than a simple copy so it doesn't really hold a candle to the original design :p anyway here you all go:

autoduelist

Speaking of Bards Tale from how its going so far Id imagine the Bards Tale IV kickstarter will make its goal so will be looking forward to that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055853

The in engine vid looks pretty impressive. Was happy with the work they did with Wasteland 2 so do trust them to make this decent also. They seem to be pretty fair about the tiers too.

I wonder if Wasteland 2 does well enough on the PS4 that they will considering bringing over Bards Tale IV also?

Also if you have a 3DS / DS try finding The Dark Spire, if you already have not picked it up.
http://www.atlus.com/darkspire/

Really wish that Starfish would get back to making drpgs. As the last thing they brought out a remake of their worst title in the Elminage series, they have not done anything new and pretty much skipped the vita altogether. Was hoping that they were going to make at least 1 title for it, but not sure if that is going to happen. Other folks who are keep closer eyes on that particular company told me they are not seeing any movement too in that regard. But they are still producing their other light user titles. (Stuff aimed at kids)

I'm sure it'll make it's kickstarter, which is fantastic. I doubt it'll be ported to anything, though. Wasteland has the Fallout connection, so has a lot of hype behind it. Bard's Tale doesn't have that, so needs to thrive on the people, like me, who grew up on the series [alongside stuff like Wasteland, Wizardry, Ultima, etc].

But you never know. If it's an easy port than sure, might as well.

I don't have a 3ds... I did, but sold it. I had originally bought it for Fire Emblem, Etrian, and some other stuff like that [shiren, etc]... and I'm sure I'd like to try Dark Spire.

But... I never used it. Ever. Fire Emblem got some time, but... Vita always won out, and when I did pick it up, the battery was always dead [and to be honest, it was really hard for me to go from vita to 3dsxl visually]. So I sold it. I sort of regret selling it, because I still want to play games like Etrian... but I resist buying one because I fear it'll never get played.

i debate getting a 2ds, since that's cheaper and would serve the purpose. anyone here have one? sucks that it can't play xenoblade chronicales, another game i want to try... but i'm not about to put that much money out.

Top Bottom