• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

incpdo

Thank you! On that note:

wMhrf6Z.png

No excuse not to play this once it drops folks :p
If mighty n9 gets from some reason a physical release too is by far a great year and my wallet is gonna cry tears of happiness
Its been long since I get a top of the page recommendation so here I go:

Buy gravity rush , retro city rampage DX , little big planet vita, senran kagura shinovi vs, demon gaze, danganronpa, fez, klonoa , vagrant story and many many more games available for our little vita.

Tapejara

First I said I wasn't going to buy the Nep Re;Birth3 LE because I didn't like the content IFI was putting in their recent LE's (body pillow case, mouse pad). Today I caved and said I was going to pre-order it. After shipping and taxes it comes out to nearly $110 CAD :(. Ugh, this why I liked when it was NISA. Cheaper shipping charges; for example my Ar no Surge LE only comes out to ~$80 (and that's not even including the reward points). Looks like I have to skip out on another LE.

Edit: Fuck it, not buying much in June anyway.

Ponn

Banned
Is it really worth buying Senran Kagura with Estevil coming up? It sounds like there is a lot of improvements in that one.

Flunkie

Banned
I've tried as hard as I can to like Neptunia Rebirth 1, and while the dialog is funny sometimes, I just can't slog through the grind of playing every. single. battle.

Is it really worth buying Senran Kagura with Estevil coming up? It sounds like there is a lot of improvements in that one.

That's like saying is it worth playing Dark Souls 2 with Dark Souls 3 just leaked.

Though they're both Senran Kagura games, they're not the same game and you should play them both.

batrush

I've tried as hard as I can to like Neptunia Rebirth 1, and while the dialog is funny sometimes, I just can't slog through the grind of playing every. single. battle.
Yeah, I dropped it months ago. Haven't felt the slightest itch to play it since. It's not a good game.

RK128

The biggest issue with the game is the difficulty spikes; they really put a damper on what is otherwise a funny romp :(. There are a few ways to avoid that (buying the DLC characters and item packs, grinding at specific spots, ect) but you shouldn't do that to enjoy a game, the game should have a balanced difficulty alongside fun gameplay. The game thankfully has some fun gameplay through its combat system :).

Overall, I would recommend going back to it whenever you have the time and see if it sticks with you. If not, then oh well :l; you gave the game a shot and sadly you didn't enjoy it. I got the game from that JP Vita sale a while back (for....16 bucks I think) and I thought it was worth it for the 20ish hours I put into it before dropping it to save space on my Memory card (the game is big).

Ponn

Banned
Ive been eyeing the physical edition of Senran for awhile now just something else always pops up (this month its Batman). I don't think it will ever see a price drop except digital like a couple weeks ago. I guess I will try and pick it up before OP PW 3 in Aug.

RK128

What are the chances that the LEGO Jurassic World game on Vita is comparable to the console/PC versions?

None sadly :l; based on the 3DS version game like past Lego tittles. However, starting from Lego Batman 3, the games are getting 'better' on handhelds; they have some of the open world elements from the console versions while having gameplay comparable to the PS2 era Lego tittles (Lego Batman, Lego Indana Jones, Lego Star Wars, ect). So, the game will be good, just nothing too special in the long run :).

Tapejara

What are the chances that the LEGO Jurassic World game on Vita is comparable to the console/PC versions?

As others have said: no chance.

None sadly :l; based on the 3DS version game like past Lego tittles. However, starting from Lego Batman 3, the games are getting 'better' on handhelds; they have some of the open world elements from the console versions while having gameplay comparable to the PS2 era Lego tittles (Lego Batman, Lego Indana Jones, Lego Star Wars, ect). So, the game will be good, just nothing too special in the long run :).

Yeah, I was surprised by the quality of LEGO Chima, which despite being 3DS/Vita only was still comparable to some of the older LEGO titles.

Ventara

Thank you! On that note:

wMhrf6Z.png

Wow! Yes! This is so bought!

First I said I wasn't going to buy the Nep Re;Birth3 LE because I didn't like the content IFI was putting in their recent LE's (body pillow case, mouse pad). Today I caved and said I was going to pre-order it. After shipping and taxes it comes out to nearly $110 CAD :(. Ugh, this why I liked when it was NISA. Cheaper shipping charges; for example my Ar no Surge LE only comes out to ~$80 (and that's not even including the reward points). Looks like I have to skip out on another LE.

Edit: Fuck it, not buying much in June anyway.

Was not even 10 minutes before you caved. Where is your willpower?
I bought it, too.

Skyzard

Banned
^Should be...

I just tried out table top racing again. It's actually pretty good fun, dunno why I didn't give it a decent chance before. The arcade game motorstorm rc wasn't. Flip the camera view for some micromachines with weapons.

Tapejara

I'm waiting for revelations 2 and I'm afraid for that game to become another Zoe HD collection

Nah, Sony has a studio working on it, so we'll get it at some point.

Is it going to be a good port? Now that's the question you should be asking yourself lol.

Massa

Nah, Sony has a studio working on it, so we'll get it at some point.

Is it going to be a good port? Now that's the question you should be asking yourself lol.

There's a chance it will be a better port than the PS4 version, now that would be something.

wilflare

There's a chance it will be a better port than the PS4 version, now that would be something.

the amount of salt from a certain majority of GAF would be sufficient to turn the Pacific Ocean into the Dead Sea :O

and people will blindly complain how the Vita version held the PS4 back

#lol

incpdo

the amount of salt from a certain majority of GAF would be sufficient to turn the Pacific Ocean into the Dead Sea :O

#lol
The new sport is complaining and the best players are on GAF.

AmanoBuff

Thank you! On that note:

wMhrf6Z.png

I'm glad Vita is getting this, but I'd like to know if the physical version will be limited to KS backers or available at retail as well.

It's coming. They (Sony, afaik) are porting the engine to the Vita. With it, more games (like Bastion) should be coming to the Vita

Yes, the developers said they are waiting for the engine to be ported. It's basically out of their hands for the time being.

I really can't wait to play Axiom Verge btw.

#lol

You should have seen the Bloodstained KS thread once the Vita stretch goal was announced. When a current gen owner complains about a Vita version (of a 2.5D game ported by an external studio at that) holding their game back, then you know there's little point in reasoning anymore.

About RE:R I'm pretty sure the release date will be announced in the 30 seconds that the Vita will get on Sony's E3 conference.

AsfaeksBR

Will Persona 4: Dancing All Night have a story, or is it just dancing through and through?
I'm actually really in the mood to play a "rythm" game (all because I'm addicted to the minigame in Danganronpa which is basically "press X, Square and Triangle when they reach the center")

AmanoBuff

Will Persona 4: Dancing All Night have a story, or is it just dancing through and through?
I'm actually really in the mood to play a "rythm" game (all because I'm addicted to the minigame in Danganronpa which is basically "press X, Square and Triangle when they reach the center")

It has a story. You just 'fight' against evil by dancing iirc.

AsfaeksBR

It has a story. You just 'fight' against evil by dancing iirc.

Good enough, will grab it.

Is the "September 29th" release date Japan only, West coming next year?
I went on google to search it, and actually got more confused than I was already...

Shizuka

Good enough, will grab it.

Is the "September 29th" release date Japan only, West coming next year?
I went on google to search it, and actually got more confused than I was already...

That's the western release date, the game is getting released this month in Japan.

AsfaeksBR

Mad Max and Mighty No 9 too. So many games :|

My God, does anyone have a list of upcoming PS4/Vita games for 2015?
I really need to decide what to buy and what to wait, or else I'll spend a shitload of money.
At least I already backed Mighty No.9, so I got that going on for me.

And there's also The Banner Saga, LOUD on Planet X, Super Time Force Ultra, Hatoful Boyfriend, Axiom Verge (Vita) and a bunch of other great Indie titles too...

2015 is insane!

The Drop has been posted.

Arcade Archives Gradius
PS4 — Digital
Gradius is a shooter released in 1985. Players control the Super Dimension fighter Vic Viper and fight Bacterian with the aid of devastating power-ups. This shooter is the first of a masterpiece series from Konami that has had lasting impact on the genre.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
PS4 — Digital, Retail
The award-winning fantasy role-playing series, The Elder Scrolls goes online — no game subscription required. Experience this multiplayer role-playing game on your own or together with your friends, guild mates, and thousands of alliance members.

Hustle Kings
PS4 — Digital
Rack ’em up and get ready to hustle as the king of pool games comes to PS4, packed with exciting new features. Compete against the world in 1-on-1 matches and multiplayer tournaments to rise up the online league.

Invokers Tournament
PS4 — Digital
Fight your way through frenetic online battles in this new action MOBA! Collect and learn to use the different invocations and rise to the title of Tournament Champion! Acquire all the invocation rings and equip your character with different combinations in fun and exciting online matches.

LEGO Jurassic World
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail (Out June 12th)
LEGO Jurassic World is the first video game to let players experience all four Jurassic films in humorous LEGO form. The thrilling adventure recreates unforgettable scenes and action sequences from the films, allowing fans to play through key moments and giving them the opportunity to fully explore the expansive grounds of Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Paranormal phenomenon threaten Tokyo. The city’s only hope lies in the Xth Squad — a covert team of youths armed with technology from the Code Physics Agency. Unleash the genetic legacy of history’s greatest heroes and fight back against the Abyss!

Tropico 5 – PS4 Demo

RK128

Its great that Operation Abyss is coming out soon :D; people that enjoyed Demon Gaze should really love it, considering it looks to be much harder then DG alongside it having some smart fixes over DG (you start out with a party instead of having to buy your party members).

Not getting it though, as I while I like Demon Gaze, I don't love it nearly as much as the rest of you guys :l. Just hope that anyone who gets it has fun with it :D!

Personally, I am hoping for some big sales on PSN, as I would love to get a few games on PSN. With E3 within the next week, a E3 sale to hype up a few games will be a good idea :D.

Guys what happened to axiom verge on vita, is this game ever coming to the console?

Sorry if this is a late response, but the engine used for Axiom Verge is not compatible with the Vita, so it is taking longer to port the game over to the system then expected (the developers need Sony's help for that, as they need assistance re-working the engine to work on Vita). Thankfully, it isn't like the game is so demanding, so the porting process should be ironed out at some point, with the Vita version hopefully coming before late August. That is sadly a very late port, but the game will be coming to the Vita some point this year :).

Regarding Revelations 2, that game is still in the porting process, as all the episodes are released, so all that is left is to port the game to the Vita, print retail copies and hopefully it comes either next month or early July. Sony commented on the Vita port through the PS Blog a month or so back, so it is still coming :).

Shizuka

Operation Abyss is a step up from Demon Gaze, but difficulty comes with the territory, it's harder and less beginner-friendly than Demon Gaze. I'll be finishing my review soon, I'll share with y'all when it's done and posted.

pariah164

Operation Abyss is a step up from Demon Gaze, but difficulty comes with the territory, it's harder and less beginner-friendly than Demon Gaze. I'll be finishing my review soon, I'll share with y'all when it's done and posted.
More difficult... hnnngh-

Seeing as how I sucked something fierce in Demon Gaze, I predict tears in OpAbyss.

Shizuka

More difficult... hnnngh-

Seeing as how I sucked something fierce in Demon Gaze, I predict tears in OpAbyss.

It's just a matter of being prepared and not afraid to use guides if needed. The game doesn't explain everything to you, but it's nowhere near impossible.

pariah164

It's just a matter of being prepared and not afraid to use guides if needed. The game doesn't explain everything to you, but it's nowhere near impossible.
Ah, so it basically just tosses you in the deep end and says 'figure it out, scrub'? I can handle that.

Tohsaka

Are there any difficulty settings or anything? I don't think Demon Gaze was that bad for the most part.

Tizoc

So guys what are you exceptions for E3 this year from Sony?

Yakuza Zero localization
Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer ending with Star Wars tease
PSX and PS2 games finally playable on PS4s
Crash and Spyro games FINALLY being Vita compatible for US PS accounts

Top Bottom