• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Seriously Disney Infinity 3.0 Vita?? Vita gets some weird ports.

Whoops, sorry.

Correct, I meant to say Disney Infinity 3.0 on PS4. My bad :(

Kind of took away from what I was trying to say, too!

Thank you :D! Can't wait to find out about tomorrow's sales; would love to throw 30-50 bucks into PSN and get a ton of Vita games :D!

Happy birthday!

VLiberty

Anyone looking forward to the PS+ games coming tomorrow? I know I'm looking forward to playing Gunslinger and Futuridium; the former for its fun FPS action and the latter for its Star Fox-esc gameplay :D.

It also helps that June 1st was my birthday, so I had a nice day to just chill and relax :); was nice eating a few pieces of a Cookie Cake. Can't wait to see what both this weeks PSN update brings and what E3 rolls out because I plan on getting a lot of great games :D!

Really hoping for a nice sale on PSN tomorrow; hopefully one focused on PSN Classics and Indie tittles (had an eye on a few PS1 Classics like RE2, Parasite Eve and others).

Wish everyone a happy June and that this is another month of greatness for the Vita :D!

I think the game being ripped from the late 90's is nothing but a good thing; interesting level designs, creative weapons and bizarre premise can go a long way in making a shooter fresh and interesting :D. Don't own a PS4 or a powerful PC, so I can't give that game a shot, but it looks like a ton of fun so I hope people enjoy it :).
I'm looking forward to Gunslinger and Cloudberry Kingdom. Futuridium too but I got it in a sale right before it was announced for PS+ :/

Edit: Happy birthday! :D

maouvin

Thank you :D! Can't wait to find out about tomorrow's sales; would love to throw 30-50 bucks into PSN and get a ton of Vita games :D!

A late happy birthday, chap!

I was going to shout at Tizoc for thretening my wallet with summer sales, but if those are to honor your birthday it's alright! :D

Anyone looking forward to the PS+ games coming tomorrow? I know I'm looking forward to playing Gunslinger and Futuridium; the former for its fun FPS action and the latter for its Star Fox-esc gameplay :D.

It also helps that June 1st was my birthday, so I had a nice day to just chill and relax :); was nice eating a few pieces of a Cookie Cake. Can't wait to see what both this weeks PSN update brings and what E3 rolls out because I plan on getting a lot of great games :D!

Really hoping for a nice sale on PSN tomorrow; hopefully one focused on PSN Classics and Indie tittles (had an eye on a few PS1 Classics like RE2, Parasite Eve and others).

Wish everyone a happy June and that this is another month of greatness for the Vita :D!
Damn tons of people having birthdays around this time, mine was just a couple days ago, a few other Gaffers too. Happy birthday!

And guys this is it, one week left until Operation Abyss, 2 until E3. I cannot contain the hype right now.

SerTapTap

I hate Vita DLC and I think it's going to get me to stop using different memory cards in PS TV/Vita. Like 5 times now I've loaded up a game on one or the other and found I'm missing DLC, and getting it again is a huge pain. PS4 does it right, ish (should be automatic like steam)

Every respectable Vita owner will get a complete Nep collection on the Vita before thinking of backing Vita Kickstarter projects.

Agreed both because Nep is great and also because I'm done with Kickstarter in general, especially this "help us encourage our publisher who actually owns our IP and is paying for everything and also have this concept art faked to look like a screenshot" bullshit.

Just gonna be waiting on released games.

Games not hard, just a bit tedious. And ugh, Rom and Ram are such bad characters. Granted I never liked White Heart to begin with, but whatever. I was originally going to try and platinum the game, but I'm thinking I might just get to whatever ending I get and call it.

I used to dislike Vert but she's grown on me a lot. Some of her traits are just a bit more subtle. Blanc on the other hand I've pretty much liked less with each game, Lowee in general is pretty boring unfortunately. They even have the worst oracle. Pissed off Blanc is the only redeeming factor and that's like half a good character out of 4.

Happy birthday!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn those falout 4 and dark souls 3 rumors make me sad, those franchises on vita would be great :(

Tizoc

^You know what else would be great? Dragon Quest 8 :V

Every respectable Vita owner will get a complete Nep collection on the Vita before thinking of backing Vita Kickstarter projects.

I have no interest in this Nep Nep whore.

^You know what else would be great? Dragon Quest 8 :V

I don't really get how they can make it run on the 3DS. Maybe on the n3DS, seeing how it can play Xenoblade and all, but does the 3DS even have that much power to run the game? I remember the game being massive on the PS2

Massa

What's wrong with it being '1999-ish'?
What's wrong withg etting lost in levels? Do you want the game to hold your hand all the way? When you reach a door for it to give you a message that you must open the door?

What's wrong with having hordes of enemies to kill? YOU FIGHT WITH A KATANA, THROW EVERYTHING AT ME, I'MA SLICE AND DICE THEM.

Kids these days, you're too spoiled by all them call of booties.

I have Shadow Warrior on my backlog so I can't comment on it, but 1990's level design where the game is practically a labyrinth is awful. Anyone defending them must be sentenced to play Dark Souls over and over again to learn the error of their ways.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have Shadow Warrior on my backlog so I can't comment on it, but 1990's level design where the game is practically a labyrinth is awful. Anyone defending them must be sentenced to play Dark Souls over and over again to learn the error of their ways.

Yeah how can people love those abstruse maps? :p
1810110-fps_map_design.png

Modern maps are so much better!

Massa

Yeah, I've seen that image before and I'm sure the person who made it either didn't play or doesn't remember games from that era very well. Game design has advanced by leaps and bounds since then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't really get how they can make it run on the 3DS. Maybe on the n3DS, seeing how it can play Xenoblade and all, but does the 3DS even have that much power to run the game? I remember the game being massive on the PS2

It's a PS2 game. A very empty one at that (though pretty and seemingly vast) and one that didn't even run at 480p to begin with.

1810110-fps_map_design.png

Modern maps are so much better!

There is a happy medium. Everyone should play Gunslinger from PS+ today if you have a PS3 for a perfect example. It has some great open levels where you always know where to go but things aren't claustrophobic.

RK128

Thank you guys for all the Happy Birthdays :D! Can't wait till E3 and future sales for the next few weeks :).

autoduelist

What's wrong with it being '1999-ish'?
What's wrong withg etting lost in levels? Do you want the game to hold your hand all the way? When you reach a door for it to give you a message that you must open the door?

What's wrong with having hordes of enemies to kill? YOU FIGHT WITH A KATANA, THROW EVERYTHING AT ME, I'MA SLICE AND DICE THEM.

Kids these days, you're too spoiled by all them call of booties.

Eh, I grew up mapping dungeons on grid paper. But some level design is just obtuse, and, more importantly, if I'm playing an action game I don't necessarily want to spend 10 minutes exploring a level for the exit/next area.

There's a time and a place for that, sure, but it really does depend on the game.

I played the first few levels of Shadow Warrior before getting bored of it (it was good, I guess, I just wasn't feeling it). I definitely thought a few of the levels were a bit hard to find the next thing to do. I didn't enjoy that, even if I don't mind mapping dungeons etc. and can stare at a puzzle game for hours trying to solve something.

As someone else said, there is a happy medium. And, more importantly, different games/genres require different pacing.

---------------

In other news, all you drpg loves out there should back the Bard's Tale kickstarter if you have a PC. We need to keep this DRPG renaissance (might & magic legacy x, grimrock, etc) going because if this genre keeps blowing up like it is that will only bring more drpgs to our Vita in the long run.

ryseing

That left map looks like a complete unfun mess.

I don't have a problem with larger levels, but they have to be done correctly. Shadow Warrior does not. Way too much backtracking and nonsensical at times level design. Gameplay is OK but I couldn't push myself to play more than a few hours.

Shizuka

Great to know, I'm always afraid when a 3d game gets ported to Vita. But what does it play like?

You control the main character, the "Octodad". You control his feet, one at a time, for movement, and his arms, to grab stuff and interact with the stuff around you. The story is crazy, but it's also very funny. It's like an adventure game, almost a point and click, except here it'd be more interactive than that.

You control the main character, an everyday normal dad. You control his feet, one at a time, for movement, and his arms, to grab stuff and interact with the stuff around you. The story is crazy, but it's also very funny. It's like an adventure game, almost a point and click, except here it'd be more interactive than that.

Fixed.

SerTapTap

You control the main character, the "Octodad". You control his feet, one at a time, for movement, and his arms, to grab stuff and interact with the stuff around you. The story is crazy, but it's also very funny. It's like an adventure game, almost a point and click, except here it'd be more interactive than that.

It's more like puzzle and very light "stealth" (you can turn off stealth with easy mode if all's the same as the other two versions). Deliberately clumsy but very forgiving controls. The very first door got stuck on me once and I had to restart the checkpoint, but beyond that the game seemed perfectly fine on Vita. Only played through the first scenario and then some.

I do recommend playing in co op just because it's funnier, not sure how well the Vita same-device co op works, but half the fun is it just barely working.

So, anyone have any experience with PlayStation support? I'm seeing if I can get a refund for two games I bought thanks to this supposed glitch (Thrillville PSP - which is fully in French on UK PSN; and NFS Underground Rivals, which says it's Vita compatible and isn't).

The first reply I had (via e-mail) told me I had to answer some security questions, so either ring them or respond to the e-mail. I responded to the e-mail and rang them, though was on hold for half an hour and gave up.

Then I got a reply back to the e-mail saying:

"I can see from your e-mail that you’re having some problems with your SEN account. Unfortunately, as this is in game content, we are unable to provide further assistance on this matter. You will need to contact the games publisher for further advice."

Despite the first e-mail telling me that I just needed to answer some security questions?

I expected it to be rubbish, but still, I feel like I'm going to be banging my head against this brick wall for a while without much of a result.

adarker

Banned
There is a happy medium. Everyone should play Gunslinger from PS+ today if you have a PS3 for a perfect example. It has some great open levels where you always know where to go but things aren't claustrophobic.

I agree. That really was a great downloadable game. Got a lot of value for the price and now that price is free!

Ponn

Banned
Oh Resident Evil sale hmmmm. Sale prices aren't live yet right? That Resident Evil remaster for PS4 is the one based off the gamecube version right? I'm actually pretty interested in that one and ReR2 season pass for PS4. Anyone played either of them remote play through Vita? Works pretty good? I've been playing FF Type 0 remote play and its been working fantastic for me so I need more remote play friendly games.

AsfaeksBR

Going to post this here since it might get some more attention. A former Sound Shapes dev is collaborating with a bunch of music acts to create a Vita/PS4 bound rhythm x tower defense hybrid. They're currently running a crowdfunding campaign that's almost over, though they're still a bit away from their goal. Vita and PS4 are in the base package.

8k away from their goal, 3 days to end and counting.
Got the $40 tier, with the shirt and guitar picks (which I don't even know how to play).

-------

Is RE1HD Vita on sale, or just the PS4/3 versions?

Played a few modes for about a half hour, and it performs great. I like the UI too. None of the problems I read about with the initial PS4 release reviews. It's Tetris and the Ubisoft in it is just clean, multifaceted and enjoyable rather than obnoxious.

Played a few modes for about a half hour, and it performs great. I like the UI too. None of the problems I read about with the initial PS4 release reviews. It's Tetris and the Ubisoft in it is just clean, multifaceted and enjoyable rather than obnoxious.

Does it support multiple controllers on VitaTV/PSTV?

Does it support multiple controllers on VitaTV/PSTV?

It only says infrastructure and adhoc on the back of the box, but I'll throw it in and try. I've never tried 2 player anything on PS TV. I've got one DS3 and two DS4, so I'm not sure about connecting the controllers.

EDIT: I just put it in and it's not compatible with PS TV. Unless the digital version is a different copy, or they'll release a patch, then SOL.

RK128

Picked up a few games off the PSN; Sonic Rivals 2, Run Like Hell and Draw Slasher alongside the PS+ games. The best part was that my Sony Rewards PSN 10$ Code finally came in, so I was able to get the games for only 6 bucks (only paid 4 dollars for the 10$ code).

The only Sonic games I own on Vita are Racing Transformed and the Genesis Collection, so getting Rivals 2 feels nice; can finally play a game I was interested in for a long while but never got around to picking up :).

Run Like Hell and Draw Slasher was 3 bucks together so....not a bad deal for two simple games overall :).

Heard great things about both Gunslinger (which I own actually XD! Checked PSN and while I was adding the Plus games into my cart, that game was checked as 'purchased') and Futuridium EP, so I can't wait to check them out :).

Takao

Banned
It only says infrastructure and adhoc on the back of the box, but I'll throw it in and try. I've never tried 2 player anything on PS TV. I've got one DS3 and two DS4, so I'm not sure about connecting the controllers.

It has online multiplayer, right?

Top Bottom