• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

They don't, but from a marketing point it'd be quite a failure if they don't announce it at AX. The anime is going to air soon AND it's going to be shown at AX. Not announcing a localisation then would be pretty silly.
Thanks, this is the gist of it ^ They have the momentum needed, coming off E3 and having shown what they already plan on bringing over. PxZ which they showed at E3 has GE characters in it. GE event was this weekend. GE Anime starts next week. GE:R got officially announced for Japan and has a release date. It's a no brainer, if they don't do it now specially since they have the trademark secured, when will they do it? Everyone's eyes that are into niche stuff are on AX this week. It's now or never.

Shizuka

It's this week, guys. My final presentation for law school as well, last thing in the way from me becoming a lawyer. Someone hold me.

It's this week, guys. My final presentation for law school as well, last thing in the way from me becoming a lawyer. Someone hold me.

Good luck!

How does legal training work in Brazil? Do you have to find a Training Contract like you do in the UK once you've finished a law degree?

Vylash

"hi guys my name is Shizuka and this is my presentation "Dungeon Crawlers And You, Applying Operation Abyss To Modern Laws"

Saphirax

I've been thinking what Vita games have a chance of coming over. With AX in a few days, I know it's already been discussed in this thread. However, AX and beyond, what games do you think we'll be getting? I made a list, more for the convenience really :p.

Most likely getting localized:

Atelier Sophie
Atelier Escha & Logy plus
Yoru no Nai Kuni
Makai Shin Trillion
Death Under the labyrinth
All the future Neptunia games

TK are amazing at bringing Gust games over, so I've no doubt we'll be seeing both Atelier games and YnNK eventually. Same goes for IF. Haven't been paying attention to DUtL much, but I assume we'll get it over here barring some heavy fanservice. And even then, there's the Asian English release.

Teased: (Using the term loosely here)

God Eater Rage Burst 2
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Chaos Head Noah
Steins;Gate 0
Zero Escape 3*

GE has been trademarked in Europe. A listing for Cyber Sleuth appeared on Amazon CA (Albeit it was for the ps4 version. Can assume we'll be getting it digital only for Vita). According to some people in this thread, Chaos;Head has been teased. 5pb US also mentioned S;G 0 via their twitter (http://i.imgur.com/wq6Mu7d.png). Aksys have been having a teaser site for over 3 months now. If it's anything other than ZE3 they'll have to barricade themselves from the angry mobs. * = doesn't mean it'll be for the Vita even if it does get revealed though.

Higher than average possibility of getting these:

Stranger of the Sword City
Tokyo Xanadu
Ray Gigant

NISA seems to have a good relationship with EXP inc. Demon Gaze sold really well. I don't think AO sold better than DG, but a lot more people want SotSC than AO so a localization announcement seems likely.
XSeed has been on a roll lately. Not only are we getting TiTS 2, but we're also getting Sen 1 & 2. I should mention that they're also localizing Xanadu Next (pc only). Maybe after they're done with Sen 2, they'll do TX.
Ray gigant is slightly tricky since both experience inc and Bamco are involved. Bamco usually port their Vita games to PS4 for the West. Since Ray gigant hasn't been released yet, it might be a long wait.

Releasing never (short of a miracle):

IA/VT colorful
Sora/Zero/Ao no kiseki Evolution

What games did I miss? :p

autoduelist

I've been thinking what Vita games have a chance of coming over. With AX in a few days, I know it's already been discussed in this thread. However, AX and beyond, what games do you think we'll be getting? I made a list, more for the convenience really :p.

Atelier Sophie
Yoru no Nai Kuni
Makai Shin Trillion

TK are amazing at bringing Gust games over, so I've no doubt we'll be seeing both Atelier games and YnNK eventually. Same goes for IF. Haven't been paying attention to DUtL much, but I assume we'll get it over here barring some heavy fanservice. And even then, there's the Asian English release.

God Eater Rage Burst 2
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Chaos Head Noah
Steins;Gate 0
Zero Escape 3*

GE has been trademarked in Europe. A listing for Cyber Sleuth appeared on Amazon CA (Albeit it was for the ps4 version. Can assume we'll be getting it digital only for Vita). According to some people in this thread, Chaos;Head has been teased. PQube also teased S;G 0 via their twitter. Aksys have been having a teaser site for over 3 months now. If it's anything other than ZE3 they'll have to barricade themselves from the angry mobs. * = doesn't mean it'll be for the Vita even if it does get revealed though.

Tokyo Xanadu
Ray Gigant

NISA seems to have a good relationship with EXP inc. Demon Gaze sold really well. I don't think AO sold better than DG, but a lot more people want SotSC than AO so a localization announcement seems likely.
XSeed has been on a roll lately. Not only are we getting TiTS 2, but we're also getting Sen 1 & 2. I should mention that they're also localizing Xanadu Next (pc only). Maybe after they're done with Sen 2, they'll do TX.
Ray gigant is slightly tricky since both experience inc and Bamco are involved. Bamco usually port their Vita games to PS4 for the West. Since Ray gigant hasn't been released yet, it might be a long wait.

IA/VT colorful

I would love to see:
Stranger in Sword City (oh please)
Makai Shin Trillion
Ray Gigant
Death Under the labyrinth (just basing this on the name, don't know anything about it)
all TitS stuff

so epic. plus some SMT game, a Shiren game, and a Etrian game. Don't care if i got my head in the clouds, that's what i want.

note - i don't know what several of the listed games are, so have no idea if i want them or not. drpg = yes. jrpg = probably. vn = no.

Saphirax

I would love to see:
Stranger in Sword City (oh please)
Makai Shin Trillion
Ray Gigant
Death Under the labyrinth (just basing this on the name, don't know anything about it)
all TitS stuff

so epic. plus some SMT game, a Shiren game, and a Etrian game. Don't care if i got my head in the clouds, that's what i want.

note - i don't know what several of the listed games are, so have no idea if i want them or not. drpg = yes. jrpg = probably. vn = no.

I want most of the games from the list :(. DUtL is a drpg by Compile Heart http://gematsu.com/2015/06/death-under-labyrinth-japanese-release-date-set

Most of the list consists of rpgs. Steins;Gate 0, Chaos;Head Noah and ZE3 (if it gets announced) are visual novels.

Hope dies last...as some would say.
:(

Nah, PQube never mentioned it. It was a post from 5pb's US PR that a release date had been confirmed for Japan, and then they were like "Will this see a release in the West? Stay tuned!"

Mixed up the two, yeah. But based on that tweet, it seems like it might happen. If it does, I assume we won't hear about it for quite a while .

yaffi

Tohsaka

Atelier Sophie
Yoru no Nai Kuni
Makai Shin Trillion

God Eater Rage Burst 2
Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Chaos Head Noah
Steins;Gate 0
Zero Escape 3*

GE has been trademarked in Europe. A listing for Cyber Sleuth appeared on Amazon CA (Albeit it was for the ps4 version. Can assume we'll be getting it digital only for Vita). According to some people in this thread, Chaos;Head has been teased. 5pb US also mentioned S;G 0 via their twitter (http://i.imgur.com/wq6Mu7d.png). Aksys have been having a teaser site for over 3 months now. If it's anything other than ZE3 they'll have to barricade themselves from the angry mobs. * = doesn't mean it'll be for the Vita even if it does get revealed though.

Tokyo Xanadu
Ray Gigant

IA/VT colorful

NISA will likely bring over Great Edo Blacksmith, and I think Shin Hayarigami has a chance too. I'm hoping Aksys brings over Ukiyo no Shishi/Roushi. As far as Atlus goes, they'll probably bring over Dungeon Travelers if DT2 does well for them, and hopefully Utawarerumono 2.

I've made posts like these a few times across various forums, always love reading other people's input about what's likely to see localization.

Some thoughts of mine:

Most likely getting localized

- New Ys game. How could you forget this one! XSEED love Ys. I see this being a fall 2016 release no problem.

- Samurai Warriors 4 Empires. We've gotten all the other Samurai Warriors 4 games so far. No reason this one won't come.

Higher than average possibility of getting these

- Operation Babel. I mean, you said yourself that NISA & Experience Inc. are in good with each other lately, so it makes sense for them to pick up the other easy-to-grab gridder. And by that same extension, I think Demon Gaze 2 would be likely as well.

- KanColle Kai. Now, I may be alone in this one, but the other third party that NISA seem really chummy with lately is Kadokawa. Although KanColle is a big cross-media franchise, I still think the Vita game has a decent chance to come across. Maybe they could pick up the anime to go alongside it?

- Utawarerumono. Atlus picked up Aquapazza; Tears to Tiara 2; Dungeon Travelers 2. I see no reason they're not going to pick up another Aquaplus game!

- Luminous Arc Infinity. Tom from XSEED said himself that as long as they like a game, they'll find a way to bring it across. They brought across Lord of Magna, so I see no reason another SRPG published by Marvelous wouldn't come.

- Project Code. This is a weird one for me to be mentioning, because it's actually two games we know very little about - other than the fact that they're coming to PlayStation platforms. I'd be willing to bet that at the very least they'll be on Vita (if not PS4 as well). And it's Kadokawa, so... same reasoning as before.

Also, here's my "could go either way" category:

- Ukiyo no Roushi. God, I want this game. Open-world samurai Vita action. Spike-Chunsoft have a couple of connections in the west (Aksys; NISA; Atlus) and I could see one of the first two picking it up. They actively fished around for a publisher for Shinobido 2, so who knows. I really hope we get this one.

- Love Live! School Idol Paradise. I really hope we don't get this one because it looks pants. That said, NISA have anime rights in the west and it's published by Kadokawa, so I actually think there's a decent chance. Unfortunately.

- Net High. Difficult to say without more info. But at least it's possible for XSEED to get it since it's a Marvelous-published title.

- Phantasy Star Nova. Now, hold your horses on this one. I know it's a shot in the dark, but I reckon it's been on #buildingthelist quite a lot, and Sony have shown that they can work with SEGA if they want something localized (Yakuza 5). So I definitely see a possibility of this one.

All in all, it's a great time to be a Vita owner if you're a fan of Japanese stuff. Between all the games we're already getting and the stuff potentially on the horizon for next year, I'm excited. I hope Anime Expo delivers

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
- Operation Babel. I mean, you said yourself that NISA & Experience Inc. are in good with each other lately, so it makes sense for them to pick up the other easy-to-grab gridder. And by that same extension, I think Demon Gaze 2 would be likely as well.

Problem with Babel is that its MAGES call not Exp Incs. DG2 is pretty much a no brainer as there is no way Kadokawa would try to say no to having it localized.

Would be nice if it got localized Babel that is, just so folks have the "full" experience of the series with the remakes.

Though am curious with how Abyss did overall in the West. Though seeing what people think of Abyss, would imagine sales numbers for Babel would be less if it did get a localized release.

Vylash

NISA just needs to give me 3 things

kan-colle-kai-354567.2.jpg
Love-Live-PSV-Package-Design_003.jpg

kaihou-shoujo-sin-357265.3.jpg

do it

Saphirax

NISA will likely bring over Great Edo Blacksmith, and I think Shin Hayarigami has a chance too. I'm hoping Aksys brings over Ukiyo no Shishi/Roushi. As far as Atlus goes, they'll probably bring over Dungeon Travelers if DT2 does well for them, and hopefully Utawarerumono 2.

I'd like Ukiyo no Shishi and Roushi, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest for them :(. Not sure about Great Edo Blacksmith - I can see NISA skipping that. But, seeing how it was mentioned NISA would be getting into VNs Shin Hayarigami could be a possibility.

I've made posts like these a few times across various forums, always love reading other people's input about what's likely to see localization.

Some thoughts of mine:

Most likely getting localized

- New Ys game. How could you forget this one! XSEED love Ys. I see this being a fall 2016 release no problem.

- Samurai Warriors 4 Empires. We've gotten all the other Samurai Warriors 4 games so far. No reason this one won't come.

Higher than average possibility of getting these

- KanColle Kai. Now, I may be alone in this one, but the other third party that NISA seem really chummy with lately is Kadokawa. Although KanColle is a big cross-media franchise, I still think the Vita game has a decent chance to come across. Maybe they could pick up the anime to go alongside it?

- Utawarerumono. Atlus picked up Aquapazza; Tears to Tiara 2; Dungeon Travelers 2. I see no reason they're not going to pick up another Aquaplus game!

- Luminous Arc Infinity. Tom from XSEED said himself that as long as they like a game, they'll find a way to bring it across. They brought across Lord of Magna, so I see no reason another SRPG published by Marvelous wouldn't come.

- Project Code. This is a weird one for me to be mentioning, because it's actually two games we know very little about - other than the fact that they're coming to PlayStation platforms. I'd be willing to bet that at the very least they'll be on Vita (if not PS4 as well). And it's Kadokawa, so... same reasoning as before.

Also, here's my "could go either way" category:

- Ukiyo no Roushi. God, I want this game. Open-world samurai Vita action. Spike-Chunsoft have a couple of connections in the west (Aksys; NISA; Atlus) and I could see one of the first two picking it up. They actively fished around for a publisher for Shinobido 2, so who knows. I really hope we get this one.

- Love Live! School Idol Paradise. I really hope we don't get this one because it looks pants. That said, NISA have anime rights in the west and it's published by Kadokawa, so I actually think there's a decent chance. Unfortunately.

- Net High. Difficult to say without more info. But at least it's possible for XSEED to get it since it's a Marvelous-published title.

- Phantasy Star Nova. Now, hold your horses on this one. I know it's a shot in the dark, but I reckon it's been on #buildingthelist quite a lot, and Sony have shown that they can work with SEGA if they want something localized (Yakuza 5). So I definitely see a possibility of this one.

All in all, it's a great time to be a Vita owner if you're a fan of Japanese stuff. Between all the games we're already getting and the stuff potentially on the horizon for next year, I'm excited. I hope Anime Expo delivers

Ack! Yes, Ys (along with the new SaGa game and Star Ocean 2) completely fell off my radar due to the lack of news. Hopefully we'll get more news on them by the end of the year. I can also see Utawarerumono and Luminous Arc Infinity coming over. Some of the other games I haven't been following closely.

I can't wait for AX :D (so I can be disappointed...) And, please no Love Live. There are better games to bring :p.

Random question:
Which PS4 firmware update changed that new disc games automatically search for updates the moment you put in the disc (for the install)?

I distinctively remember people complaining that you had to manually check for updates.

It's really a nice, streamlined process now :)

bobohoro

You got this Shizuka, make VitaGAF proud!

This reminds me, I should really work on my master thesis instead of playing golf and video games all the time. Meh :/

Tales Of Hearts R has nice characters. Most of the past Tales games had this kinda mopey, over-thinking thing going on, Kor (urg) and Co are just straightforward idiots that, at least until now, remained positive at all times and only spend a couple of seconds/lines dwelling on past mistakes. Feels rather refreshing. A shame Kohaku has to play the emotionless doll still, her introduction was rather upbeat too and I was rather looking forward to her interactions with the others. Well, that might still come later on.

RK128

This reminds me, I should really work on my master thesis instead of playing golf and video games all the time. Meh :/

Tales Of Hearts R has nice characters. Most of the past Tales games had this kinda mopey, over-thinking thing going on, Kor (urg) and Co are just straightforward idiots that, at least until now, remained positive at all times and only spend a couple of seconds/lines dwelling on past mistakes. Feels rather refreshing. A shame Kohaku has to play the emotionless doll still, her introduction was rather upbeat too and I was rather looking forward to her interactions with the others. Well, that might still come later on.

From what I saw of the game online (watched playthroughs on YouTube around the time it came out), Kohaku does become more 'human' like around the mid-way point in the game (where she gets a majority of her emotions back, leading to her having more meaning full interactions with everyone).

Kinda stupid they had that plot point though; butchers what should be a fun character for a large chunk of the game :l.

autoduelist

I want all the localizations, even the ones I don't want to play myself [like VNs].

Keep the market strong, and we get more.

Random question:
Which PS4 firmware update changed that new disc games automatically search for updates the moment you put in the disc (for the install)?

I distinctively remember people complaining that you had to manually check for updates.

It's really a nice, streamlined process now :)

I've owned a ps4 since launch, I don't remember ever needing to self-update a game.

Prelude.

Nep 3 themes in the west
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/615651769696149504

Is this the first time we get a 3rd party theme?

hopefully
I feel like I'm the only one wanting this
I kinda want it too but it's definitely not a high priority.

Watch out that they don't find out you have a Vita or they'll put you on a sex offenders list or something.

Most likely to appear outside japan:
All K-T games not named ciel no surge and winning post
Ys8

If i'm gonna do a wishlist localization I'd like to have:
Amagami Ebikore+
Photo Kano

pariah164

Played about an hour of Mind≒0, and so far? It's not that bad, at least not yet. Pretty standard JRPG fare, even if the story feels, thus far, a little ridiculous. The combat is decent, and the characters are likable, even if they are clones of Persona characters in some respects.

Tohsaka

Played about an hour of Mind≒0, and so far? It's not that bad, at least not yet. Pretty standard JRPG fare, even if the story feels, thus far, a little ridiculous. The combat is decent, and the characters are likable, even if they are clones of Persona characters in some respects.

It's a decent game, I don't know why some people seem to hate it. It's just not as good as some of the other DRPGs on the Vita.

Zephyx

You got this. :D

What games would be released on Vita this July? Haven't checked any release calendar recently. Planning to buy a game or two if there are good games available.

Shizuka

Knock him dead fam. "Que partas uma perna".

Thanks, man!

Good luck!

How does legal training work in Brazil? Do you have to find a Training Contract like you do in the UK once you've finished a law degree?

Thanks! When you're done with law school, you take a test to see if you can join the bar. I took that when I was in the ninth period and passed, so I don't have that to worry about anymore

Get em good, Shizuka. You got this.

I'll get them good, I promise.

"hi guys my name is Shizuka and this is my presentation "Dungeon Crawlers And You, Applying Operation Abyss To Modern Laws"

Now that'd be a fun presentation, wouldn't it? I'd feel more comfortable talking about that, for sure.

Good luck :D! You are going be great :).

Thanks, I sure hope so!

You got dis.

I got this!

I'd legit ask Shizuka for an invitation to watch such presentation.
I would even bring some banners to cheer him up.

If only I took a major in games or something, that'd definitely be fun!

I will, another lawyer for the community! I spent most of my free time watching Netflix and posting on NeoGAF, I should've studied harder.

You got it, no worries.

*crosses every finger in my body*

Watch out that they don't find out you have a Vita or they'll put you on a sex offenders list or something.

I think the Vita's too obscure to have any reputation around here other than "it plays soccer games", so I'm good on that front;

And now I ain't joking with you no more. I don't wanna get sued, só I ain't taking any risks.

Good luck!

You better, or else I'll sue you until you move to Acre!

Good luck!

Thanks!

You got this. :D

What games would be released on Vita this July? Haven't checked any release calendar recently. Planning to buy a game or two if there are good games available.

Thanks! There is Ar nosurge Plus, Deception IV and Lost Dimension, from the big names in July.

Zephyx

Thanks! There is Ar nosurge Plus, Deception IV and Lost Dimension, from the big names in July.

Wow. All those games seems up my alley. I'll probably wait for a sale for Deception IV though. Might get Lost Dimension or Ar no Surge Plus if impressions are good. Do we have any yet?

Can't access any of my digital games right now.

Says it can't connect to the servers the verify the licenses.

Can't play my physical copy of The Witcher 3 because I installed the DLC a few days ago and now the game can't access them.

What the fuck is this

N° 2048

Can't access any of my digital games right now.

Says it can't connect to the servers the verify the licenses.

Can't play my physical copy of The Witcher 3 because I installed the DLC a few days ago and now the game can't access them.

What the fuck is this

Did you by any chance get a refund on a digital purchase before this happened?

magawolaz

Quick question: I live in Europe, can I buy from the US Store with my Paypal?
I get mixed results from Google. If it makes any difference: I don't have a credit card linked to my Paypal anymore, but I still have some funds left in the account.

AmanoBuff

Most likely to appear outside japan:
All K-T games not named ciel no surge and winning post
Ys8

If i'm gonna do a wishlist localization I'd like to have:
Amagami Ebikore+
Photo Kano

I always wanted to play Amagami, but I don't think it will ever get localized. Another game I'd kill to play is White Album 2. The anime was soooo good.

New Ray Gigant trailer (Why does this game look so good?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBoeYtGOJjI

Ray Giant looks better every time I see it.

What's wrong with it? Bad game, or are just not a fan of the series?

Ray Giant looks better every time I see it.

That does look pretty sweet. I have no idea what was going on in that trailer, but it looked pretty sweet.

Top Bottom