• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just got my first ending in Steins Gate. This was a long ass game and without any idea whatsoever what I need to do for other endings the idea of replaying this game scares me. But I do really want to see the other endings. The one I got was super unsatisfying. I don't know.

Shizuka

I just got my first ending in Steins Gate. This was a long ass game and without any idea whatsoever what I need to do for other endings the idea of replaying this game scares me. But I do really want to see the other endings. The one I got was super unsatisfying. I don't know.

Get a spoiler-free ending guide for the other endings, or follow the roadmaps made for trophy guides. I went with the latter and it worked perfectly.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Get a spoiler-free ending guide for the other endings, or follow the roadmaps made for trophy guides. I went with the latter and it worked perfectly.
Here's a question. Does dialogue or do scenes change much throughout the story based on changes you make or will it only make any difference to the ending part? Because naturally I would be skipping through everything on a second playthrough because I don't want tedium of reading stuff I've already read. Can I just play like that and be given the option to make choices when needed without the fear of potentially skipping through new dialogue or scenes?

Here's a question. Does dialogue or do scenes change much throughout the story based on changes you make or will it only make any difference to the ending part? Because naturally I would be skipping through everything on a second playthrough because I don't want tedium of reading stuff I've already read. Can I just play like that and be given the option to make choices when needed without the fear of potentially skipping through new dialogue or scenes?

The skip function by default stops whenever you encounter new lines of text.

The skip function by default stops whenever you encounter new lines of text.
Note that this applies to normal skip, NOT force skip. If you're holding down a button to skip, you're probably doing it wrong.

And yes, there are a few added scenes based on the True Ending flags you've triggered.

This recent Rockstar sale has brought to my attention that Midnight Club 3 (PSP) is no longer available on PSN. Bummer, guess the licence expired. Should've grabbed it while I could. At least I got Midnight Club LA while I could.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's really annoying how I cant have my Steins Gate guide open on my Vita browser while I'm playing Steins Gate. Vita cant handle it apparently.

You folks weren't kidding about the PSN speeds getting better. Never in a million years would the Destiny 18GB patch download in an hour for me last month.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This anniversary sale isn't bad, but surprisingly lacking in, you know, games for the system the anniversary is celebrating! It's not like they don't have a ton of PS1 games.

RK128

You folks weren't kidding about the PSN speeds getting better. Never in a million years would the Destiny 18GB patch download in an hour for me last month.

Thats really great to hear :D!

Wanted to try out Destiny myself but the patches too me almost three hours to sit through (NOT worth it to me :()....glad I got it for 'free' via RedBox free retail for a day. So, hearing this news makes me looking forward to whenever I get around to playing the PS4 version (if I get a PS4 this fall).

This anniversary sale isn't bad, but surprisingly lacking in, you know, games for the system the anniversary is celebrating! It's not like they don't have a ton of PS1 games.

I would agree; honestly thought a lot of PS1 games would hit sub-2 dollar prices (a few did hit that, but I expected more).

Still, the PSP games on sale are some damn good ones (Patapon and LocoLoco) so I might trade in some games to get a few of the games on sale :).

autoduelist

Multiple dumb questions:

1) Can someone explain the new Resident Evil games to me? I feel like we got a lot of new stuff (revelations, remakes, etc) and I'm not sure what is exactly what. Are the Revelation games standard RE gameplay (it's in chapters, so I wonder if it's more telltale)... Are the remakes worth getting, etc?

2) If I own the vita MGS bundle then I already own MGS3HD right? I'm used to PSN not letting me buy stuff i already own through bundles but it lets me buy mgs3HD so I just need to double check.

3) Is Shantae worthwhile if I rarely like platformers? I see it won all sorts of awards but I'm curious what makes it stand out.

4) What in the holy heck is tomba? just watched some gameplay and I'm still confused.

RK128

Multiple dumb questions:

1) Can someone explain the new Resident Evil games to me? I feel like we got a lot of new stuff (revelations, remakes, etc) and I'm not sure what is exactly what. Are the Revelation games standard RE gameplay (it's in chapters, so I wonder if it's more telltale)... Are the remakes worth getting, etc?

Revelations has RE5-6 gameplay, which is a mix of third person shooting and action/horror elements. Revelations 1 and 2 die down the action aspect of RE6 but use its engine (Revelations 2 does at least).

2) If I own the vita MGS bundle then I already own MGS3HD right? I'm used to PSN not letting me buy stuff i already own through bundles but it lets me buy mgs3HD so I just need to double check.

The Vita MGS Collection has MGS2 and MGS3 HD; you don't need to pick up MGS3 HD, as you own it already buddy :).

3) Is Shantae worthwhile if I rarely like platformers? I see it won all sorts of awards but I'm curious what makes it stand out.

Normally I would say yes in a heartbeat :D! ....But the PS4 game isn't Pirates Curse :l. Risky's Revenge is a solid game, but is not only a very short one, but it lacks content, lots of backtracking and it feels very cut down. The game had troubled development (originally a full GBA game, then moved to DSi-Ware as an episodic game, then becoming a 'full' game on the DSi-Ware), so that is sadly very visible. Still a good experience and recommend it at the price but don't use it to decide the quality of the series. Pirates Curse answers that for you in spades :D!

4) What in the holy heck is tomba? just watched some gameplay and I'm still confused.

A PS1 Classic that blends 2.5D platforming with some light RPG elements. You play as a caveman that can use a ball and chain to attack alongside throwing your foes all over the place. The game is quite long, has a lot of content, a great score and is overall a great time :). Highly recommend it at its sale price right now.

Hope this helps :).

autoduelist

Hope this helps :).

It does, a lot. Thanks!

I'll pass on Revelations Ep 1 but will buy when the entire season goes on sale. I need the remakes to go on sale too. Hoping for a Halloween flash sale...

Will not buy MGS3HD since I guess I already own it. Who knew?

Sounds like I should skip Shantae since... well, it'll just get backlogged. On vita I'd give it a chance but PS4 is my AAA/dual stick shooter machine.

Tomba... hmm. How does the gameplay hold up if you have no nostalgia for it? Does it have tank controls, etc?

RK128

It does, a lot. Thanks!

I'll pass on Revelations Ep 1 but will buy when the entire season goes on sale. I need the remakes to go on sale too. Hoping for a Halloween flash sale...

Will not buy MGS3HD since I guess I already own it. Who knew?

Sounds like I should skip Shantae since... well, it'll just get backlogged. On vita I'd give it a chance but PS4 is my AAA/dual stick shooter machine.

Tomba... hmm. How does the gameplay hold up if you have no nostalgia for it? Does it have tank controls, etc?

I would have gotten Risky's Revenge if it came to Vita too honestly.

And Tomba is a 2.5D platformer, so its controls seem to be solid :). Its visuals might have not age well but the rest of the game looks to age perfectly fine :D!

Tizoc

Finally got my copy of DESPAIRGIRLZ yesterday.
Gonna finish up Prof. Layton on 3DS then jump into this GotY contender.

I have seen every trailer for grand kingdom but I can't figure out how it's played.

Are you choosing a static battle formation for each fight and then the battle is all about pushing buttons, (I haven't seen any movement of units) or does positioning play a role in the game?

Can someone point me to a video of the game that it's based on :)

VLiberty

Bought Beats Slider(to complete my Futurlab collection) and Console Saga. My first and last PSMobile pruchases.

Goodbye PSM.

maouvin

I have seen every trailer for grand kingdom but I can't figure out how it's played.

Are you choosing a static battle formation for each fight and then the battle is all about pushing buttons, (I haven't seen any movement of units) or does positioning play a role in the game?

Can someone point me to a video of the game that it's based on :)

If it's like GKH, you set the position of your units. Positioning plays a role like most games that allow you to place your units in rows - charatcers in the back row can only be attacked by ranged attacks until the front row is defeated, etc.

Here's a battle video for Grand Knights History (fan-translation, aye). You should be able to find some let's play videos to check stuff like party formation and the online portion, too.

If it's like GKH, you set the position of your units. Positioning plays a role like most games that allow you to place your units in rows - charatcers in the back row can only be attacked by ranged attacks until the front row is defeated, etc.

Here's a battle video for Grand Knights History (fan-translation, aye). You should be able to find some let's play videos to check stuff like party formation and the online portion, too.

Thank you for your quick quick reply, I thought it was a SRPG. It can still be good though :)

Prelude.

Finally got Ultra Despair Girls

tumblr_mqw2d2ioje1r4ll8p1l.gif

NISA pls, your 2016 games announcement is long overdue.
Seriously, are they even gonna announce them this year^

Saphirax

Finally got Ultra Despair Girls

tumblr_mqw2d2ioje1r4ll8p1l.gif

Seriously, are they even gonna announce them this year^

They don't have anything after Disgaea 5 and Rodea. When they said they weren't ready to announce what they had planned I thought we'd be waiting until the beginning of August at most. But here we are and it's September D:.

autoduelist

Stranger of Sword City better come west for vita.

Nearly plat on the recent drpg, which is overall excellent.

Though I need a ridiculous break from drpgs after playing Op Abyss and it nearly back to back.

Not sure what to play next though (after some indies)... Hyperdimension Neptunia, CGs, or SAO.

batrush

I am about 17 hours into DR: AE. I'm a bit disappointed with this one. The writing is very poor at times. Story took a good 12ish hours to become interesting. There are some great moments, but I wish they were more frequent. I should have the game done by tonight, hopefully the last few hours give a better impression. Will give my final thoughts then.

Saphirax

Meh, i really hope the vita version will be localized, not just because i want it on vita, but because the new "childish" artstyle is very inferior to the original.

I don't like the new artstyle either. Don't know what they were thinking; SoSC has a unique style and it's a pretty big draw in, especially for people unfamiliar/new to drpgs.

Is there any chance we see Tales of Innocence in the west? I really would like another Tales game on Vita.

http://playstationenthusiast.com/ne...west-if-enough-people-play-tales-of-hearts-r/

When asked if there’s a chance Tales of Innocence R could get a Western release as well, Baba said the game was only meant for the Japanese gaming market. However, he did say Tales of Hearts R was also never meant for Western territories.

Meh, i really hope the vita version will be localized, not just because i want it on vita, but because the new "childish" artstyle is very inferior to the original.

Me too. NISA have 0 games announced for next year, so there's always a chance.

Honestly, I'd rather see Operation Babel though. I think I'm the only one with this opinion :p

Finally finished Corpse Party and wow, twists, twists everywhere! I loved the story it wasn't that scary but it certainly had lots of disturbing imagery, the music was real creepy too. I think the atmosphere was one of the best part of the game. 8/10. Will continue with the extra chapters, anime and the second game in preparation of the Blood Drive!

Seiko best girl.

Powwa

autoduelist

I don't like the new artstyle either. Don't know what they were thinking; SoSC has a unique style and it's a pretty big draw in, especially for people unfamiliar/new to drpgs.

They better not change the art style on vita, and they better bring it west.

Did they ever say anything about the sales? Game charted a few times on US and EU monthly sales but other than that I've no clue.

Nope, never said anything about them. I can't imagine they were a disaster but I don't think it's anything notable enough to bring across another Vita Tales game.

Shame. The game isn't amazing but it's enjoyable and I'd really like to play Innocence.

Vylash

NISA doesn't really matter right now anyway, after they put out Rodea there's really nothing in Japan they could bring over that I'd care about, they've been almost completely irrelevant after they lost Atelier and Compile Heart stuff

NISA doesn't really matter right now anyway, after they put out Rodea there's really nothing in Japan they could bring over that I'd care about, they've been almost completely irrelevant after they lost Atelier and Compile Heart stuff

Sheesh!

I've liked them more than ever since they started becoming (somewhat) less predictable with what they bring over as a result of losing Gust & Compile Heart.

I'm looking forward to Yomawari either way.

Shizuka

Gimme all DRPGs in the world.

Zhao_Yun

Welp, I caved and ordered both IA/VT Colorful and Taiko no Tatsujin V since I couldn't decide on which one to get. Hope I don't get hit by customs ~_~

They are more often than not Europe's savior though.

Rated-G

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I've been having this problem since March. I can't get any of my saves to auto upload to PS+. I've seen people post screenshots that show on the PS4 how much of their online space they have left, and I'm not seeing that on my PS4. I'm on 3.00 beta 3, I've cleared a bunch of space in my cloud storage, and everything is set to auto upload. I have all of the Rest Mode setting on except for powering the USB ports.

When I put the system in rest mode, no matter how long I leave it for, it doesn't do anything with my saves. I've even tried signing my User out and then going into rest mode as some have suggested, and that doesn't work. The last Notification I have in the uploads section is "Grim Fandango Remastered Saved Data Cannot Upload" from 3/21/2015.

And for the record, the cloud storage upload wasn't working for me on the latest non beta public firmware either. If anyone has any tips on how to get this working again, please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Zephyx

Got my DR:AE copy earlier this week. It's pretty okayish so far. Currently in the middle of Chapter 4 with 12 hours logged in. Story's a bit dark but a bit underwhelming IMO. Will go for the plat since I'm not planning to get any game until P4D arrives (maybe Ar no Surge if I can find a physical copy here).

I think my next game pickup after that would be LoH:Trails of Cold Steel which would be around November or December? I hope the LE comes here in PH. :D Will be skipping Corpse Party since I'm not really fond of horror games.

Tizoc

OK WTF
Since when did the Vita delete Trophy data to make room for new games' trophy data?
Da fuck is this Sonty o_O

Top Bottom