• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

autoduelist

Oh thank god if true (suspend/resume coming soon on PS4). I was just about to make a post how after going back and playing more of P3/P4 on Vita, that I am not sure if I would be able to enjoy P5 on anything but Vita. And that mostly came down to suspend/resume being so absolutely perfect for taking a break at any moment in a game that has notoriously long sections between being able to save.

Though to be honest I realize I am not exactly sure what people mean when they say suspend/resume is in for PS4. Do they mean you can put the console in rest mode and then come back to your game? Or can you hot swap between games without losing progress? Either of those would work for me, but obviously the latter would be way cooler.

It most likely means the former. It's basically an energy smart version of pausing your game and turning off the tv for the night.

vita still wins for general portability, though.

and button mapping is a huge get for remote play.

antibolo

Banned
Though to be honest I realize I am not exactly sure what people mean when they say suspend/resume is in for PS4. Do they mean you can put the console in rest mode and then come back to your game? Or can you hot swap between games without losing progress? Either of those would work for me, but obviously the latter would be way cooler.

It's the former.

v1perz53

It most likely means the former. It's basically an energy smart version of pausing your game and turning off the tv for the night.

vita still wins for general portability, though.

and button mapping is a huge get for remote play.

Yea definitely, I genuinely dislike playing most RPGs on non-handhelds (and honestly even 3DS kind of sucks with its massive battery drain "suspend" mode) because portability plus suspend is just so perfect for them. If suspend/resume on PS4 works exactly like on vita I would be more than happy, and it would make P5 an instant buy.

Oh man I didn't even think about button mapping as a useful remote play feature, that would be huge. Hopefully they really do mean full button mapping and not just "you can swap O and X at the OS level for people who are OCD about that stuff!".

antibolo

Banned
Oh man I didn't even think about button mapping as a useful remote play feature, that would be huge. Hopefully they really do mean full button mapping and not just "you can swap O and X at the OS level for people who are OCD about that stuff!".

The leaked screenshots show it's full remapping. It's an accessibility feature, not something super fancy, the games are most likely not going to reflect these assignments in their on-screen prompts. It may not even work for Remote Play.

The suspend / resume function of the PS4 would greatly help me. Before I can play long hours of the Le Mans challenge of Gran Turismo (24hours of driving wtf) but I don't think I can do that now.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I love times like this @ when the PSN works, no huge sale is ongoing. I can play online games with my unreliable internet connection without a hitch. Although the online part of Monpiece seems barren when I got there.

The suspend / resume function of the PS4 would greatly help me. Before I can play long hours of the Le Mans challenge of Gran Turismo (24hours of driving wtf) but I don't think I can do that now.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I love times like this @ when the PSN works, no huge sale is ongoing. I can play online games with my unreliable internet connection without a hitch. Although the online part of Monpiece seems barren when I got there.

There's a lot of people that bought it recently, but like you most of them probably check and see nobody then skip it. You might want to advertise that you're looking for a partner and try to pair up, I played that way when I got it at launch even though it was pretty busy.

It's unbelievable how bad the download list is. Trying to find which Vita games I own now that I have a 64GB card and I have to scroll through thousands of garbage dlc/PS3/PS4 games to find them. I don't give a shit about things I can't download on the vita, don't include them! And don't kick me out of the download list after I start a download! So frustrating.

wilflare

It's unbelievable how bad the download list is. Trying to find which Vita games I own now that I have a 64GB card and I have to scroll through thousands of garbage dlc/PS3/PS4 games to find them. I don't give a shit about things I can't download on the vita, don't include them! And don't kick me out of the download list after I start a download! So frustrating.

use this bro
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985754

Takao

Banned

It's better to use the PC download list equipped with the PSDLE script.

Yeah, that's one of the archaic bits of the PSN. You can queue games to download through the web site so that can be a stopgap fix to that.

What I like to see is something like Steam's library view so I can just click a game to play and download it. Shame that it doesn't exist yet.

v1perz53

What I like to see is something like Steam's library view so I can just click a game to play and download it. Shame that it doesn't exist yet.

That's pretty much exactly how the Library is on PS4, is it not? The Library has it's own issues (you should really be able to make folders or something), but to me it works as you describe with steam, giving you a simple list of all the games you own with an option to either start them if they are already downloaded, or download them if they are not. Would be amazing to have on PS3/Vita but I am certainly not holding my breath. For now the script for the webstore and my personal excel sheet will have to do.

That java web script is very helpful, thanks a lot!

Why is the Vita so slow at downloading though? Have a clear connection according to the symbol but my 3.5MBs connection is only using around 1 MBs. Not a big deal, just got off work so I'm tired and can leave it on overnight but it's annoying.

Why is the Vita so slow at downloading though? Have a clear connection according to the symbol but my 3.5MBs connection is only using around 1 MBs. Not a big deal, just got off work so I'm tired and can leave it on overnight but it's annoying.

Do you have Settings > Power Save Settings > Use Wifi in Power Save Mode checked? If so, uncheck it for a better connection.

That's pretty much exactly how the Library is on PS4, is it not? The Library has it's own issues (you should really be able to make folders or something), but to me it works as you describe with steam, giving you a simple list of all the games you own with an option to either start them if they are already downloaded, or download them if they are not. Would be amazing to have on PS3/Vita but I am certainly not holding my breath. For now the script for the webstore and my personal excel sheet will have to do.

There's definitely some quirks but I do like the Library. I like being able to just "add to Library" or whatever it's called in the PS4 store to claim my PS+ games. Needs folders, for sure, but it's better than the dreaded download list...

I always say this, but make sure your Battery-savings mode in your connections settings is unchecked like Teflon said. Your speed will be dramatically better

v1perz53

I'd love to use this, but I don't feel comfortable running some random Javascript with my account authenticated.

Isn't it technically safest with your account already authenticated with a PSN balance through PSN cards? That way you never actually enter any information for malicious software to see and steal. Still, I understand your trepidation.

Isn't it technically safest with your account already authenticated with a PSN balance through PSN cards? That way you never actually enter any information for malicious software to see and steal. Still, I understand your trepidation.

I think my fear is something akin to it buying some random stuff, changing my password, and then leaving me in the dust. It's probably just paranoia, but I'd rather be safe than lose everything. I honestly don't really want to think about how much my PSN account is worth at this point...

wilflare

I think my fear is something akin to it buying some random stuff, changing my password, and then leaving me in the dust. It's probably just paranoia, but I'd rather be safe than lose everything. I honestly don't really want to think about how much my PSN account is worth at this point...

that javascript is opensource if that helps to allay any fear.

autoduelist

That script is open source, at least. i run it... at 1736 items in my download list it's the bee's knees.

Now i'm playing with it again. After having it remove all dlc/etc, i have 292 vita/psp/ps1 games for my vita. 128 through ps+, though a lot of them are the early minis we used to get.

108 are native vita games that I own outright. (38 psp, 18 ps1 owned outright, though i have more on other accounts i don't use anymore)

that number will change in a few minutes when i buy oreshika.

please don't tell my wife.

Bowl0l

Same here. I always impulse buy games during PSN sales. The sales is so much better than me buying games day one....

Massa

Is anyone interested in Titan Souls? The concept sounded great to me but I've not been a fan of the videos I've seen so far. Seems like it's more on the side of cheap difficulty than challenging, but I'd love to be wrong.

Is anyone interested in Titan Souls? The concept sounded great to me but I've not been a fan of the videos I've seen so far. Seems like it's more on the side of cheap difficulty than challenging, but I'd love to be wrong.
I remember playing the free browser version of the game, which you should still be able to play by the way, and thought the idea was really cool. The guys making it seem to have expanded on this idea that they created for the final build, but I thought it looked great, and it was good challenge. Give that demo a shot and see how you feel about it afterwards

bobohoro

Just pre-order my Xenoblade face plate and thought to myself:

A customisable Vita would be pretty awesome.

Then shuddered because it would cost me tons of money. Thanks Sony for not doing awesome stuff with your handheld.

But seriously, imagine your life&hometown bubble collection could go with a vita covered in life&hometown backtouch screen.

Just pre-order my Xenoblade face plate
NoAAAAA!
tumblr_n2kgp7fvHv1qavtnbo1_1395036043_cover.jpg
Mrgrgrgrgr.

Massa

I remember playing the free browser version of the game, which you should still be able to play by the way, and thought the idea was really cool. The guys making it seem to have expanded on this idea that they created for the final build, but I thought it looked great, and it was good challenge. Give that demo a shot and see how you feel about it afterwards

I'll check it out later, thanks!

If i delete game from PS4 does it leave save game files on HDD ?

Yes, as you can verify by the warning text when you ask it to delete something.

antibolo

Banned
Just pre-order my Xenoblade face plate and thought to myself:

A customisable Vita would be pretty awesome.

Then shuddered because it would cost me tons of money. Thanks Sony for not doing awesome stuff with your handheld.

But seriously, imagine your life&hometown bubble collection could go with a vita covered in life&hometown backtouch screen.

I'm too busy imagining being able to buy a regular New 3DS, but can't because NOA thinks I'm too stupid to handle the choice.

Does the digital version of the Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP still have the terrible loading issues? They should bring that out on the vita one of these days. Then again, why do that when they can sell each game for 10 dollars as part of a spring fever promotion >_>

Shinriji

Does the digital version of the Metal Slug Anthology for the PSP still have the terrible loading issues? They should bring that out on the vita one of these days. Then again, why do that when they can sell each game for 10 dollars as part of a spring fever promotion >_>

The loading aren't long per se, but frequent and for the most stupid things (like when browsing characters in the character select screen or changing a character at the continue screen),

We're getting Final Fantasy Type-0 HD available digitally, right?

I'm just so frustrated, because I want to pay for it already...I got $60 in my PSN account, but I'm one of those impulsive buyers...I'm glad I was able to pre-order Bloodborne and get it out of the way, but I'm still waiting to be able to do it for type-0.

Zhao_Yun

I'm just so frustrated, because I want to pay for it already...I got $60 in my PSN account, but I'm one of those impulsive buyers...I'm glad I was able to pre-order Bloodborne and get it out of the way, but I'm still waiting to be able to do it for type-0.

Yeah, there will be a digital version.

Shizuka

Alright, ordered a lime green Vita-2000. I need a Nyko Grip for it, but I can't find it. Can someone help me out?

v1perz53

I'm pretty sure that Sony said every single game that comes out for PS4 will be available digitally, as it is on Vita. I do like (very slightly) pre-ordering my digital games on PS4, because pre-loading is one of my favorite things of all times, but it isn't always available. Hopefully it will be for Type-0.

Though funny enough Type-0 is gonna be one of my 2 physical PS4 games, since I own a physical copy of every other Final Fantasy game on Sony platforms (that was released in NA) and I wanted to have it for the collection. Unless it is for one of my random actual collections, I do prefer digital though.

Edit:
Alright, ordered a lime green Vita-2000. I need a Nyko Grip for it, but I can't find it. Can someone help me out?

You mean this grip? I would offer to get one and send it to you but I think I remember you're outside the US and shipping might end up costing more than the item itself. I guess if you have no other options I wouldn't mind, but I doubt it would be your most cost effective solution hah. Hopefully someone else knows a place that ships to wherever you are.

Tapejara

I need to pick up La-Mulana Ex, but I told my self I was going to save money this month (then I went and bought Zombie Army Trilogy and Helldivers). I love games all about exploring caves/ancient ruins. Spelunker, 1001 Spikes, Spelunky = gaming bliss.

I always say this, but make sure your Battery-savings mode in your connections settings is unchecked like Teflon said. Your speed will be dramatically better

Wow, this is probably the reason my Vita connection's been so horrible lately.

I'm pretty sure that Sony said every single game that comes out for PS4 will be available digitally, as it is on Vita.

Ah but this is not true though as we've seen a game like Puyo Puyo Tetris not available on PSN in japan, so anyone wanting that had to go physical.

v1perz53

Ah but this is not true though as we've seen a game like Puyo Puyo Tetris not available on PSN in japan, so anyone wanting that had to go physical.

Not sure if Japan is an exception, but here is a link to the article with the direct quote from Shuhei. Guardian Interview. The quote literally was "PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc.", not like they interpreted what he said.

Though things certainly could have changed since then. Not sure if the context of the interview was just referring to SCEA or what.

wilstreak

Are there a lot of North Americans in here without Plus who want OlliOlli2? Just wondering.

Well, i for one arent a regular plus subscriber, so it do be nice if i could get some free games that doesnt need to be played while I am inactive member. My plus subscribe just ended last week, so i never touch Olliolli2

Are you considering of doing olliolli2 giveaway, count me in

antibolo

Banned
Gee, how nice of La Mulana to not explain how you're actually supposed to save your game! I just wasted my first 30 minutes into the game thinking there was some sort of automatic checkpoints or something, then died and was sent back to the main menu. I swear I literally tried every button EXCEPT Down in front of those stupid shrines.

Not sure if Japan is an exception, but here is a link to the article with the direct quote from Shuhei. Guardian Interview. The quote literally was "PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc.", not like they interpreted what he said.

Though things certainly could have changed since then. Not sure if the context of the interview was just referring to SCEA or what.

The PS4 version Puyo Puyo Tetris is definitely still physical only right now. I know it very well because it annoyed me, I was 100% digital on PS4 so far but had to make an exception for this game. Now that stupid disc will be permanently lodged in my PS4 and make extra noise whenever I turn it on.

Khronico

Just finished up Suikoden 2... What an amazing, fantastic, unforgettable game. Anyone who hasn't bought it already should go do so, it's more than worth the price.

My PSTV became my La-Mulana EX machine, at least I have a good purpose for it now. Beat the second boss earlier today.

How many times per minute are you consulting a walkthrough? Did they improve it?
Make it easier?

TOPR: Helldivers is amazing on PS4. Need to try the Vita version.

Top Bottom