• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Shizuka

Yeah, there's definitely more of it than usual. I love it though, so I'm not complaining.

It's not just more, it's also more intense. If this is the direction they're heading, they're really turning Neptunia into a Senran Kagura and it's not just the matter of copying it for one game (Neptunia U).

It's not just more, it's also more intense. If this is the direction they're heading, they're really turning Neptunia into a Senran Kagura and it's not just the matter of copying it for one game (Neptunia U).

Seriously? I am still at the start and haven't seen anything out of normal... I'm guessing that things escalate over time?

RK128

Happy March everyone :D!

February was a great month for the Vita (killer PS+ line up with Kick & Fennick and Rogue Legacy for Vita, lots of great sales) and with the mammoth amount of games coming out in March (just....between the Vita, 3DS, PS3 and PS4.....so many games coming XD!), we are all in for a fantastic month no matter what console you own :).

Looking forward to whatever is coming to Plus this month (really surprised it isn't announced yet :l....maybe they are finally putting DriveClub on Plus or something....) and with my newest games (Jak Collection, Ben 10 Racing, Nepuna Rebirth 1....might as well try this out, you can't bet a long JRPG for 15 bucks now can't you :D), this should be a really fun month :).

Not only great stuff with gaming, but for school for myself (finally going to start my teaching observations for my Child with Special Needs course) make March a great month to look forward too :).

Edit: Got a question for you all; did anyone vote for Kick and Fennick for February GotM? I thought it was a really fun game and I hope others enjoyed it a lot too :). It was my Vita game of the month for me (I would have picked Jak Collection despite how crappy the port is, but that is quite old and their is much better versions of that collection PS2/PS3).

Edit 2: Just got Oddworld Munches Oddessy and Lets Fish, so I got five games from the sale....not a bad deal I think :). Like what I played of Munch on PS3 and fishing in games is always fun (MM3D fishing is surprising enjoyable for me :D).

RK128

Are the February PS+ games still going to be downloadable for free until they announce the March ones?

As long as you get them before the PSN updates on March 3rd (normally around 1-4 PM....if Sony does things on time, which is somewhat now frequent thankfully :D, in the past, they updated the store as late as 7PM XD). Just make sure you add them to your download list before Tuesday and your good :).

February's PS+ games were great (Yakusa 4, Kick and Fennick, Rogue Legacy and more were great choices for PS+), so you don't want to miss out on them.

Tohsaka

Chapter 6
when you interact with the generals you just recruited. You'll get the CGs and know what I'm talking about.

I think that was the first time in the series they
showed a butt in the CG.
I still need to finish the game, I got to chapter 7 and haven't gotten around to playing it yet today.

jvm

Gamasutra.
March 3
  • Helldivers (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • OlliOlli2 (PS4, Vita)
March 10
  • DmC: Definitive Edition (PS4)
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4, Vita)
March 17
  • Jamestown+ (PS4)
March 24
  • Bloodborne (PS4)
March 31
  • Axiom Verge (PS4, Vita)
Interesting month. Every week has something that might get me to drop some dollahs into my account.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
This is going to be a very busy month. A lot of interesting games are being released.

There's only two weeks' worth of time between the release of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Bloodborne. Hopefully that's enough to complete Digimon.

Of course, I'll be picking up FF Type-0 as well... and maybe even Senran Kagura EV.

autoduelist

So... i'm okay skipping Jak (never played any in the series, but like Ratchet, Sly)? And i'm okay skipping Ben 10 even though i like racers?

I want to skip both, because the $10 bucks or so can certainly be better spent. That doesn't make it easy to skip them.

All I picked up were SAO, VK3, and Tiny Troopers. (i own some of the others already). I feel incomplete for only spending $25 when I was inches from spending $100 for that refund.

Can I play Monster Monpiece without sexually harassing my Vita, or is that mini-game mandatory?

you don't need to rub, if that's what you're concerned about. you do need to tap. seemingly random-ish places on many cards, but strategically placed on others to the point that you'll test those places first to see if it's the right place.

Yes, because hotL#NiQ would have won if I voted. :)

Yesssss! So glad Firefly Diary won! I didn't think it stood a chance, but I'm glad it was able to pull through. :)

Ready for this hectic month
, but my wallet isn't
. ready to start the month with Oreshika on Tuesday.

Yes, the tapping honestly isn't that bad.

My beef with it is its pure randomness. I was busy tapping / rubbing one girl when one of her "zone" was on her weapon. WTF?
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I'm actually curious about that Battlefield Hardline game. Looks like a good "Payday" alternative before the real one drops on the PS4. Might check that out on a local game center.

RK128

So... i'm okay skipping Jak (never played any in the series, but like Ratchet, Sly)? And i'm okay skipping Ben 10 even though i like racers?

I want to skip both, because the $10 bucks or so can certainly be better spent. That doesn't make it easy to skip them.

All I picked up were SAO, VK3, and Tiny Troopers. (i own some of the others already). I feel incomplete for only spending $25 when I was inches from spending $100 for that refund.

The Jak Collection isn't nearly as horrid as people say it is; Jak 1 is playable while Jak 2 runs well most of the time, Jak 3 is the worst running X(). The Jak series is very different compared to the Ratchet and Sly series; a larger focus on story over gameplay, but the gameplay is a mix between Mario 64, Banjo, GTA/Ratchet and Clank (Jak 2-3) and the Crash series. It is a very interesting blend of game-types, leading to what I find to be the most risky but otherwise solid of the Sony platforming trio. If if means anything, I love Jak 1 and 3, easily putting both games quite high on my favorite games list :). If you never played them before.....then the Frame Rate issues shouldn't bother you nearly as much as they should, so get the collection :). Getting mostly playable version of Jak 1 and a very playable version of Jak 2 is not a bad deal for 8 bucks I think :D.

The Ben 10 racer isn't that bad either; a okay kart racer that while does nothing special, isn't offensive in any way either. The playable cast is interesting (as they are just Ben, his alien forms, his friend Keven, a main villen, and a few secret characters), the tracks look quite creative, the controls are okay, and in a lot of ways, it feels like a stripped-down version of the original Sega All Stars Racing. Overall not a bad deal for 3 bucks :).

You could also get Munch HD, which is a 3D platformer/puzzle game set in the Oddworld series. Not the best game ever made (Strangers Wrath and the Abe games are a lot stronger) but quite a solid one for 5 bucks :).

Flunkie

Banned
Beat Tearaway. What a wonderful little game. Starting Demon Gaze now. And slowly but surely working on finishing Danganronpa.

DR2K

Banned
Senran Kagura SV. Fun game, but the fan service is extremely over board and no way to avoid the clothing rip mechanic. This is coming from someone that just came from DOA5.

eFKac

Im looking forward to Helldivers, I hope its good. Hoping for a sale on Counterspy

don't overlook Hotline Miami 2!

Same here, Helldivers and HM2 for me this month, wouldn't mind CouterSpy and Hohokum at a good discount finally.

jzbluz

I don't think I have ever bought and played a ps game in the same month it has been released. Weird. But I'm looking forward to playing and probably voting for Oreshika this month.

yaffi

I can't believe Kick & Fennick only lost by 1 vote. I'm still glad it got 3rd, it was a really fun little platformer.

Well, I should've voted. It's actually the only game I played in February (other than FF14). And it's fun too.

wilflare

I can't believe Kick & Fennick only lost by 1 vote. I'm still glad it got 3rd, it was a really fun little platformer. And I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Project Cars got pushed to April.

it is a pretty fun game
hope it gets a patch soon to fix all the bugs and issues

deadfolk

If Oreshika comes out in EU and is similarly priced to the US, I'll probably pick it up.
Then it's either Tokyo Twilight if it turns out to be as good as it looks or Bloodborne.

Or Persona Q if neither turn out well.

Edit:

Ratchet & Clank was pretty well received on Vita. There's a crash bug in the retail version, so avoid that. Some people have complained about input lag, but in my limited play of R&C 1, I did not notice it. But I'm not really that sensitive to such things,

I don't know if this is the best place to ask,
but on the PS4, is there a way to download updates from a PC and install them via USB like there is on the PS3? I'm getting mine next week and I don't want to have to wait for the update to download.

VLiberty

I can't believe Kick & Fennick only lost by 1 vote. I'm still glad it got 3rd, it was a really fun little platformer. And I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Project Cars got pushed to April.

I did my part!

Also voted for K&F. March GotM should be interesting, lots of titles.

Edit: how is the Ratchet and Clank trilogy on Vita?

R&C1's port is not really good, they made a better job with the sequels though.

Just avoid the retail version as it freezes a lot on R&C2

bobawesome

I guess now's a good a time as any to buck up and go for the platinum for Danganronpa 2 since I've had the first game's for over a year at this point. Island Mode...why...

Senran Kagura SV. Fun game, but the fan service is extremely over board and no way to avoid the clothing rip mechanic. This is coming from someone that just came from DOA5.

Yeah...I like me some fanservice but it's pretty ridiculous. I still need to go back and beat it sometime.

bobawesome

y no flandy in wall of shame

Shhh...I Flandy now.

TamaHaru_shh.gif

VLiberty

Sso if everything goes well, yhis week I'll give two exams and I'll finally be free for a while...

I'll finally get to play Sly 4, it's already installed on both PS3 and Vita. Can't wait

Top Bottom