• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

RK128

Today I finally got the KH2.5 Collection :D! Finally, I can have the chance to play Birth By Sleep after years of just waiting on it coming to PSN (and it never will thanks to Disney's stupid licensing agreements with Square X().

Started with Ven and played through the first half of the worlds (up to Radiant Garden) on Normal Difficult (would have played it on Proud.....but I never played BbS before, so I didn't want to struggle through it X().

Man, it is a blast so far :); the deck command system is fantastic, love how the different style shifts work (much better replacement of the Drive system from KH2 in my opinion), the Disney worlds are fun to run though and I really enjoy the story so far. Overall fantastic game and I'm happy to finally play this game :). Wish the PSP version was playable on Vita but, oh well :l.

Also played through more of Neptune Rebirth 1 and......I finally think I'm getting a good grove with the game :). Got the DLC characters (for two bucks, it isn't that bad honestly :)) and the free item DLC's, got a few items from forging them, and level grind till a majority of my party (except the DLC characters) got to level 16-17 (in the second major dungeon in Lavastation).

Really enjoy the game so far and the game is quite funny XD! Didn't think I would be enjoying the game as much as I am, but here I am loving the game :). Thank you TapTap for recommending this to me; you got me into the series now and looking forward to Rebirth 2 whenever I get around to buying that.

SerTapTap

BTW I asked the official Axiom Verge twitter account and apparently there will be an OST available

Also played through more of Neptune Rebirth 1 and......I finally think I'm getting a good grove with the game :). Got the DLC characters (for two bucks, it isn't that bad honestly :)) and the free item DLC's, got a few items from forging them, and level grind till a majority of my party (except the DLC characters) got to level 16-17 (in the second major dungeon in Lavastation).

Really enjoy the game so far and the game is quite funny XD! Didn't think I would be enjoying the game as much as I am, but here I am loving the game :). Thank you TapTap for recommending this to me; you got me into the series now and looking forward to Rebirth 2 whenever I get around to buying that.

Glad you're enjoying it! All 3 DLC characters are pretty good--Histoire unlocks in chapter 6 though (but she's my favorite so she's worth it). Plutia helps a lot especially early on. She can build EXE fast, she heals, has great, magic attribute normal attacks, OP all around.

Aside from the characters (matter of opinion) Rebirth 2 is basically the same stuff but with a better difficulty curve and IMO better "chirper" humor. Always glad to see more people enjoying Neptunia. I got a big box of artbooks and such coming from JApan one of these days...

Hmm, so as a whole we kinda brushed Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters aside, but Siliconera's review is quite positive. Here's a quote from it that summarizes the whole thing:
I really enjoyed my time playing Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters. It kept me interested and it has a handful of unique aspects. If you’re looking for a straight up visual novel, then this probably won’t quite scratch that itch and neither will it if you’re looking for a meaty SRPG to dive into. However, if you want a game that does both aspects reasonably well, you might want to check it out.

Congrats to pariah164, who claimed my OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood (NA) giveaway code - and better luck next time to the others who entered but didn't win.

RK128

BTW I asked the official Axiom Verge twitter account and apparently there will be an OST available

Glad you're enjoying it! All 3 DLC characters are pretty good--Histoire unlocks in chapter 6 though (but she's my favorite so she's worth it). Plutia helps a lot especially early on. She can build EXE fast, she heals, has great, magic attribute normal attacks, OP all around.

Aside from the characters (matter of opinion) Rebirth 2 is basically the same stuff but with a better difficulty curve and IMO better "chirper" humor. Always glad to see more people enjoying Neptunia. I got a big box of artbooks and such coming from JApan one of these days...

Didn't get Histoire (only got Plutia and the other one), but does she function the same as the other two (where she starts out at level 1)? It would make sense if she starts out at least level 20-30 (considering that sounds like it is the end of the game).

Saw some videos of Rebirth 2 and it looks exactly like you state; more of the same (heck, it seems like a lot of the locations from Rebirth 1 are flat out bought back in Rebirth 2 (the section I am currently at is almost 1-to-1 replicated in Rebirth 2)). Still, considering how Rebirth 1 so far is really enjoyable, having more of the same is a smart move all around :). Thanks again for the recommendation TapTap; another franchise to get into now XD.

Got a question though; should I check out Neptuina U or the Norie spin-off at some point too? The former looks to be a fun brawler while the latter is a sudo-FF Tactics type of game (a type I never played before....). I might consider the former, but would you recommend the latter? Noire seems to be a great character from what I played of Rebirth 1 so far, so an entire game lead by her sounds quite funny :).

Maid

Banned
not sure if local stores carry that but I'll take a look later. do you need an answer urgently?
what is PA charging you

Thank, but you can take it easy. I'm just curious about the price, and this month I'm going to spend a lot already, lol, so I'm not in a hurry.

I see it's as $43 on PA which doesn't sound bad or anything, but I just had some not so good history with them regarding pricing, so I was just wanting to make sure.

wilflare

Thank, but you can take it easy. I'm just curious about the price, and this month I'm going to spend a lot already, lol, so I'm not in a hurry.

I see it's as $43 on PA which doesn't sound bad or anything, but I just had some not so good history with them regarding pricing, so I was just wanting to make sure.

no worries! I'll let you know when I can. hehe

So I was on the grenade tutorial on my Vita for Helldivers. For the life of me, I couldn't hit those 3 targets 10 feet away. Tried for almost an hour. Kept getting errors trying to joining an online game. My frustration was through the roof trying to play this game. Its not enjoyable at all on the Vita. Said, screw it, gonna play it on my PS3.

RK128

Freedom Planet looks great, I hope they'll port it to Vita too as the dev showed interest.

Saw the news about it coming to Wii U as well; the game is such a perfect fit for the Vita, so I hope it lands on that at some point :). Even the 3DS is a good fit for it (as it would complement games like Shovel Knight and the Shante series quite nicely :)).

SerTapTap

Via Gematsu, Toukiden Kiwami is getting a demo later this month.

If I remember the correctly the original got one too, and it let you transfer your data over to the final release.

Not super interested in more hunting games, but the monsters look cool so I guess I'll at least try it.

Wait, Vita only or PS4 for the demo?

Freedom Planet looks great, I hope they'll port it to Vita too as the dev showed interest.

Vita and PS4 would be good. Game makes sense on console. I don't really buy the "perfect for wii U (but only wii U!)" thing. I kinda suspect something like the Stealth Inc 2 "exclusive" situation

maouvin

Via Gematsu, Toukiden Kiwami is getting a demo later this month.

If I remember the correctly the original got one too, and it let you transfer your data over to the final release.

Nice! Won't play it much as I'll be importing my save (and I don't think they'll pull a GE2 and allow vanilla->kiwami demo->kiwami), but will be nice to check the PS4 build!

EDIT: iirc the JP demo for Kiwami didn't allow you to carry over the data to the full version, though.
Super late edit: it did. You couldn't go vanilla->Kiwami demo->Kiwami like one can do on GE2RB though.

Wait, Vita only or PS4 for the demo?

Both, per the article.

I agree with all of you. I really think this is the worst time they could be releasing this game, and it is a shame since Toukiden was quite fun. MH4U got released not too long ago, and anyone that is into the genre is playing that. If not, they are most likely planning to buy at least one of the big releases for the end of the month, such as Type-0, Borderlands, Bloodborne, etc. IF NOT, then they will most likely be playing one of the great indie games that is releasing this month too. Let's not forget also that the n3DS is getting a behemoth of a game right at the start of April, Xenoblade, lot's of people are excited for that too on their handhelds.

This month is TRULY PACKED for everyone, not just PS4, or Vita owners. Every platform is getting major releases, they should have given this game some time before putting it out there. I understand that you eventually need to release a game in order to be profitable, but unfortunately I can't see this game getting as many sales as it would if it releases a month or two later...

SerTapTap

I'm sure a lot of people are pissed they decided to release in March now. Shoulda helped fill out summer. I wonder if we'll ever get over the weirdass holiday-focused release model with dead summers.

I'm sure a lot of people are pissed they decided to release in March now. Shoulda helped fill out summer. I wonder if we'll ever get over the weirdass holiday-focused release model with dead summers.

What NISA did with Operation Abyss was brilliant and I commend them for doing it, it takes courage to delay releases, I bet that the work on the game is done by now too if the streams are any indicator of the status of the localization. They pissed off a lot of people, but if they sat down and thought for a bit, they would see how much more successful they will be, when a month devoid of releases gets a great DRPG to play on their Vita. I mean what else is there right now to look forward to for the Summer? Other than the announcements that we won't get at E3 lol... More sales means more games, people.

There are people into the genre that don't like MH,
like myself.

Indeed, and there are people that don't own a n3DS, or PS4, or any other console really too. But think of the bigger picture Hikami, do you honestly think this is a good time to release this game?

Hikami

Indeed, and there are people that don't own a n3DS, or PS4, or any other console really too. But think of the bigger picture Hikami, do you honestly think this is a good time to release this game?
Of course not.
It's good for me since I'm not interested in Bloodborne, Type-0, and whatever else counts as big releases. But yeah, it's releasing in a month packed with games. The demo could get some people on board at least.

SerTapTap

What NISA did with Operation Abyss was brilliant and I commend them for doing it, it takes courage to delay releases, I bet that the work on the game is done by now too if the streams are any indicator of the status of the localization. They pissed off a lot of people, but if they sat down and thought for a bit, they would see how much more successful they will be, when a month devoid of releases gets a great DRPG to play on their Vita. I mean what else is there right now to look forward to for the Summer? Other than the announcements that we won't get at E3 lol... More sales means more games, people.

An indie dev I follow delayed their March game too. I'd recommend more games do it too, especially not heavy-hitters in their respective category. For instance, I doubt if anyone in this thread even knows about Yorbie: Payback's a bolt, coming next week to PS4/Xbone. I never would have heard of it if the devs hadn't emailed me direct actually...

Hopefully the spring fever sale helps out the indies in it. Lots of good stuff, hope none of it's passed over due to the blitz.

maouvin

There are people into the genre that don't like MH,
like myself.

*brofist*

Kiwami should've launched last month, a year after the launch of the original. It'd sound pretty and poetic. edit: and I completely forgot about MH4, yay
They could've planned from the start to launch it in may (or was it april?) together with the JP PS4 version too, but no point on delaying it now. My heart wouldn't take it nicely.

Persona 4 Dancing and IA/VT Colorful will both be released on June 25 in Japan. I think that's even worse timing.
Hmm, timing aside, I actually didn't know it had gotten a release date thanks for sharing it, this means that so far my predictions for the Persona releases are correct. If we are to believe the US branch of Atlus (and I do) that P5 is coming this year, I think we should expect the games to come in this order:

P4DAN JP: 25 June (confirmed)
US: Aug/Sep

P5 JP: Sep/Oct
US: Nov/Dec

Of course not.
It's good for me since I'm not interested in Bloodborne, Type-0, and whatever else counts as big releases. But yeah, it's releasing in a month packed with games. The demo could get some people on board at least.
I hope so too. I may end up getting it myself, as a hunting game fan. Also, this trailer is just pure awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STwEw5ncqNY

An indie dev I follow delayed their March game too. I'd recommend more games do it too, especially not heavy-hitters in their respective category. For instance, I doubt if anyone in this thread even knows about Yorbie: Payback's a bolt, coming next week to PS4/Xbone. I never would have heard of it if the devs hadn't emailed me direct actually...

Hopefully the spring fever sale helps out the indies in it. Lots of good stuff, hope none of it's passed over due to the blitz.
Exactly, and that is a smart move. You must sacrifice putting your baby out in the wild if it means that your audience is going to be much smaller. Patience is key.

Kiwami should've launched last month, a year after the launch of the original. It'd even sound pretty and poetic.
They could've planned from the start to launch it in may (or was it april?) together with the JP PS4 version, but no point on delaying it now. My heart wouldn't take it nicely.
That would have been cool, also to go head to head against MH. As it is now, MH has a crazy head start and lot's of players won't drop that to play this one...

Tohsaka

I'm on the verge of importing Moereo Chronicle, should I wait for a NA release? It's already in English for the Asian release.
They'd probably have to censor it for a western release, and I don't know if they want to bother after all the shit they took from people with Monster Monpiece.
Stella's Dungeon is back in Nep Rebirth 3, all is lost.
I'll probably still buy the LE but wow fuck Stella

Ugh, that's what prevented me from getting the platinum trophy in Re;Birth2. Pointless time-waster to artificially lengthen the game.

SerTapTap

They'd probably have to censor it for a western release, and I don't know if they want to bother after all the shit they took from people after Monster Monpiece.

Honestly if they could make importing easy/plentiful stock I wouldn't entirely mind that. ESRB does some weird shit. I also wish ingame censorship options could count for ratings, Borderlands 2 misses out on gore the first game had, seemingly because of the global release is all the same version. RIP old electric death effect.

Ugh, that's what prevented me from getting the platinum trophy in Re;Birth2. Pointless time-waster to artificially lengthen the game.

It's pretty stupid. I bit the bullet and bought the $1 DLC that lets you keep your gear. It's clearly how it was meant to be played too, but it's still no fun. I'm hoping it's somehow massively improved but not terrible, but it seems the intent is just to fuck with trophy-seekers (see also trip tickets in Dangan Ronpa). I don't know why devs do that shit. It's not going to encourage anyone and it's not required for game completion so it doesn't even add to their "time to beat the game" stats or anything.

incpdo

Hotline Miami 2 is getting the 15 dollars price right? Riiight? I'm actually praying for this but its gonna be 20 bucks for sure ( I have only 15 :(

Tohsaka

Yeah, I bought that $1 Re;Birthh2 DLC too but it was still taking too long for my liking since I still had multiple dungeons left even after getting every ending, so I just gave up. I might go back to it sometime if I'm really bored.

antibolo

Banned
Hotline Miami 2 is getting the 15 dollars price right? Riiight? I'm actually praying for this but its gonna be 20 bucks for sure ( I have only 15 :(

It's part of the Spring Fever promo so we already know the launch price, $15 regular and $13.50 with Plus.

SerTapTap

What screen protectors do you all use for OLED Vitas? I have one left over from the 2000 but I assume that won't fit. I noticed a second tiny scratch so I guess I might as well ugly up the 1000 to protect it. They expensive now...

Yeah, I bought that $1 Re;Birthh2 DLC too but it was still taking too long for my liking since I still had multiple dungeons left even after getting every ending, so I just gave up. I might go back to it sometime if I'm really bored.

Since it's realtime not game time you can just put your Vita/PS TV in airplane mode (infuriating the livearea refresh kills it somehow) and you should be done with everything in a few days. Was easier for me though since I have 2 Vitas and a PS TV though, so I didn't have to abandon other games.

Have I mentioned that anything that uses realtime (or hours of gametime for that matter) is always terrible?

Top of the page buy EVERYTHING because EVERYTHING is releasing in march.
And save $18 for Axiom Verge

Top Bottom