• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

In other news, finally got my TTGH code, so will be jumping into that tomorrow as well. :)

Hmmm, those Siliconera impressions for the game seemed rather positive. After seeing that clip with gameplay though I just don't know, so I'd rather take a VitaGaffer word for this. I'll be looking forward to your impressions on it.

XSEED Teasing Estival Versus?
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/575090579056517120

Marvelous started a countdown earlier, too.

--

Hmmm, those Siliconera impressions for the game seemed rather positive. After seeing that clip with gameplay though I just don't know, so I'd rather take a VitaGaffer word for this. I'll be looking forward to your impressions on it.

Will let you guys know how I find it, and obviously there'll be a review.

Iffy just posted the opening of Makai Shin Trillion. Might be a hint, might be nothing..
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/575089899738558464

It's probably just them sharing, although the game is all but guaranteed to come over. We probably won't get anything official until after the Japanese release though.

I doubt they're going to skip 2, so I'd guess it's a hint at that. Maybe they'll announce 2 & ev at the same time.

autoduelist

I do get this. I'm a bit OCD too, and a platinum does help you feel like you squeezed everything you possibly could out of a game and got your full money's worth. But for me, I'm coming to the point where the issue of time and a couple other things just outweigh my need to platinum a game, especially if I'm not liking it all that much.

Honestly, I'm too busy for them too. Doesn't stop me. I wish it did. It takes a lot to tear me away from finishing a game I don't like. VNs do that to me -- I didn't finish Danganronpa or Catherine, etc. But I'll beat most anything else i start.

For other games, like, say, Velocity and Velocity 2x, or even Need for Speed Hot Pursuit or D*Souls... I can't help but feel like getting the plat IS playing the game. Beating the game is reaching that zen like state required to 3 star the hardest levels. I could never 1star my way through a game. Heck, I usually try to 3star everything my first time through, even if i know eventual upgrades would make early levels easy later. Same with BoI - part of the game is reaching that state where you actually do recognize all the key powerups, and you know how to find secret rooms, and you know all the intricacies.

It's Challenge OCD, or something. It's probably also why I love traditional roguelikes.

How many here bought Lego Marvel for 5 bucks?

Part of me wants it because it's so cheap, but...I've never been crazy, nor felt compelled to get any Lego game before, so it could just be 5 bucks wasted.

Lego games are fun coop with someone who rarely/barely plays games.

Maid

Banned

I think it's way too soon for Estival Versus. Still, pre-ordered the JP version already, so I'm not in a hurry for the localization :p.

I... quite enjoyed Stella's Dungeon >.<

(Though I'm not a trophy chaser)
You and me both. I think not chasing trophy actually will make the experience much more enjoyable. I just put her on the quest and forget about her while playing.

SerTapTap

I think it's way too soon for Estival Versus. Still, pre-ordered the JP version already, so I'm not in a hurry for the localization :p.

You and me both. I think not chasing trophy actually will make the experience much more enjoyable. I just put her on the quest and forget about her while playing.

This would be fine, except after beating the game 4 times, there were 5 dungeons left for her to explore. And some of the NG+ only dungeons require a lot of effort to unlock. She's way too slow and too RNG based. Chocobo World was the perfect implementation of this idea. It should have been like that. The punishment for "failure" is far too high for no real reason especially since you have minimal control over the outcome.

Also the rewards she gives kinda suck. IF it were something like she always gives MB for a successful hunt it would be a lot more encouraging.

Shun

Has anyone gotten this problem recently?

While suspending a game on standby and leaving my Vita in sleep for maybe 30 minutes, once in a while my Vita wouldn't go to the lock screen and just pause and blackout, then reset itself.

Sometimes when I go back I get this Error Code C1-2741-4 when trying to relaunch the game.

At the moment I tried resetting through safe mode and haven't experienced any issue yet. But I'm afraid it might pop up again.

I might reformat my memory card if I have to.

Also when backing up your Vita through QCMA, does it also back up my homebrew as well? I have ARK-2 CFW and I was wondering if I'll need to reinstall all my stuff if that's the case.

Shun

FUCK... My 32GB card got this C4-10278-8 and I can't format it. Apparently it's dead or something. Only had it for 2 months...

Shun

A quick google search gets me this page.

https://support.us.playstation.com/...~/c4-10278-8-memory-card-malfunctioning-error

That memory card can't be overwritten. Gonna have to return or replace it :(

Doesn't hurt to try their live chat and see where it goes.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Yeah I was scouring the internet to find a cure and I got nothing but bad news. I'm so happy I was able to sneak in a quick backup before it went to crap.

I'm so sad, I'm planning on going instore to try if I can get a replacement tomorrow.

At least with a Memory Stick Duo, I could fix it through my laptop. Sony and their stupid proprietary stuff this time around...

Praying for all your Vita cards to be safe...

wilflare

so I got the plat for Order 1886
I can see why it isn't getting the 9s and 10s but it definitely doesn't deserve a <5
a decent 7 or so for me.

reminds me ALOT of UC1 - very rough game but plenty of potential
the setting is sweet

and I'm pretty sure the Order 1886 is the prequel to Bloodborne

deadfolk

So Stein's Gate might be soon?

Going to have a hard choice between that and Xenoblade.

Christ, I'm still playing DR1 and haven't event started Persona Q. Or SAO, or Demon Gaze or Monster Monpiece or Re;Birth...etc.

I can't pass on Bloodborne, can I?

Sora_N

I got a random question, not sure who can help. My Vita isn't popping trophies.

I can still earn them but no notification. Don't recall setting anything.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
so I got the plat for Order 1886
I can see why it isn't getting the 9s and 10s but it definitely doesn't deserve a <5
a decent 7 or so for me.

reminds me ALOT of UC1 - very rough game but plenty of potential
the setting is sweet

and I'm pretty sure the Order 1886 is the prequel to Bloodborne

Would be awesome if the final boss in bloodborne is galahad lol.

Tizoc

Man eff Estival Versus, just announce you're working side by side with Falcom to get the next Ys game localized for a simultaneous Eng+JP release and I'll pre-order even with the game being 10% complete.

Don't think it is a hint, but I do think it'll probably be announced later this year. And I can't wait!

I didn't mean hint as a stealth announcement or anything, just that it's a good sign that the international twitter account is talking about the game. Makes a localization seem more likely. Otherwise there's little reason to tease.

If we get vita announcements during e3 something would def be wrong with the universe.

We had annoucements from E3 last year right? That's when I first heard about Tetris Ultimate + Telltale Games. It was Gamescom where there was none.

So expect for the worst but hope for the best.

SerTapTap

Sounding pretty good.

Man eff Estival Versus, just announce you're working side by side with Falcom to get the next Ys game localized for a simultaneous Eng+JP release and I'll pre-order even with the game being 10% complete.

As if Ys were not going to be localized. As if simultaneous worldwide release were ever going to happen.

Yasumi

Banned
The corpsepartyblooddrive.com site is showing a "Your website is ready" message. Was it like that before? An announcement today would be nice.

SerTapTap

Anyone looking for some 4 player splitscreen on PS4 should know that Assault Android Cactus got you covered:

B_vVYupU8AArIvg.jpg:large

They just added FPS mode to the PC alpha, it's not the intended way to play but it is a real unlockable mode. I enjoyed the first person view in Fez, would be cool if more games let you look around from weird perspectives.

Also it's finally in Alpha (real alpha, largely complete, ready for testing) so it seems it might really come this year (I think it was supposed to hit PS4 in 2014)

Is there any way you can set a PSone Classic to analogue mode on Vita, but be able to map the right analogue stick, which is hardly ever used on them, if it's even used at all, as buttons?

I want to play Soul Reaver with the shoulder camera buttons mapped to the right stick so then I can use the shoulder buttons for sneak and crawl, and the left stick for movement, but if I put it into analogue mode I can't remap the sticks, and if I keep it in digital mode and map movement to the left stick it doesn't seem to work as well.

SerTapTap

Help me VitaGAF, get me away from Nintendo. I am addicted to buying amiibos. At least Hotline Miami 2 will keep me occupied for a while...

Play them games not them low-quality figs. The Spring Fever sale is full of good options, most of them are on Vita I think. There's also Oreshika, that weird puzzle VN Tokyo thingy and NISA's DRPG if any of those are your speed. I've mostly been playing [redacted], Hyperdevotion Noire, Firefly Diary (got a bit sidetracked on this one), finished up the Dangan Ronpas.

If you can't buy a particular amiibo at a retail store, it's not worth getting.

Basically. Scalping is super gross and I'm not going to support it. I want DeDeDe and Metaknight only, will pay no more than $13 for them. That has made it extremely easy to avoid amiibos altogether as only the boring ones are even in stock.

v1perz53

Basically. Scalping is super gross and I'm not going to support it. I want DeDeDe and Metaknight only, will pay no more than $13 for them. That has made it extremely easy to avoid amiibos altogether as only the boring ones are even in stock.

I just pre-ordered any of the ones I actually wanted on Amazon, I would certainly never pay scalper prices but I got a Marth amiibo no problems via amazon pre-ordering. I love using Amazon with prime for something like that, guaranteed release day free delivery, they don't charge you until it's shipped and you can cancel any time.

Honestly, I haven't set foot in a retail store for anything gaming related in over a year (except for randomly popping into gamestops when I pass by in malls to check the bin o used games for gems). Had enough times where I bought a "new" game from GS/BestBuy and I watched them stick a CD into the display case and hand it to me. If I'm paying full price I want to peel off that clear plastic outside myself.

SerTapTap

I just pre-ordered any of the ones I actually wanted on Amazon, I would certainly never pay scalper prices but I got a Marth amiibo no problems via amazon pre-ordering. I love using Amazon with prime for something like that, guaranteed release day free delivery, they don't charge you until it's shipped and you can cancel any time.

Honestly, I haven't set foot in a retail store for anything gaming related in over a year (except for randomly popping into gamestops when I pass by in malls to check the bin o used games for gems). Had enough times where I bought a "new" game from GS/BestBuy and I watched them stick a CD into the display case and hand it to me. If I'm paying full price I want to peel off that clear plastic outside myself.

The recent ones have been sold out near instantly including preorders. I was watching for Metaknight like 2 months before release. I'd rather just ignore them at this point. Unless they make a Tap-Tap Amiibo they're pretty much done with figures I'd buy after Ness (everything else has higher quality figures elsewhere or won't even get an amiibo as it's not in Smash)

antibolo

Banned

Pre-ordering amiibos nowadays is nearly impossible, they are sold out within minutes. You have to be the sort of really dedicated person who hangs out in amiibo collecting communities to stand a chance at finding a pre-order window.

Top Bottom