• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

wilflare

Played the "dead pixel fix" video for an hour on my Vita-2000, nothing. I'll try it once more and then I'll contact the seller.

TOTP: Buy La-Mulana EX (Vita)!

where did you buy the Vita from?
try rubbing/massaging the dead pixel - it may help to revive it.
i'm not trolling, i'm serious

thinking on La-Mulana EX... sell me. it's not a Roguelike right

RK128

Depends on the game and his mood but Parker loves to watch or attack stuff on the TV a lot. He loves 2D platformers, I guess because of the simple easy to follow movement. He usually tries to bat at the player. Here he is watching the Electronic Super Joy character. I've MOSTLY got him trained to watch instead of attack, but he still stands up or sits on the soundbar sometimes.

I couldn't get into OlliOlli 1. I can totally see the appeal but they're not for me. Glad they seem to be a success though.

I miss spring breaks. I'm honestly going to tkae some vacation to catch up on games (and generally decompress) sometime here.

I recall one time after hooking up one my two Wiis to my Moms TV (gave her the one with the busted Disk Drive.....Other M broke it X() and while just moving the pointer around, my families boy cat Smokey just went crazy XD! His eyes were just locked on the pointer and he almost attacked the TV, but my Mom told me to stop moving the pointer and just finish setting the thing up. Cats are awesome honestly :)......though one of our three cats hates me X( (she just hisses at me all the time :l, one time badly scratching my leg....).

Sorry you couldn't get into OilOil too, but at least you gave it a shot :). Never would have tried the second one if it didn't land on Plus this month, so that was nice a least :).

I normally don't do much on Spring Break anyway, but it is a great time to just chill back and catch up on stuff I haven't been playing recently (or in my case, go back to games I recently bought like Neputna Rebirth 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix) :).

I think the Pac Man World games 1-3 are underrated. Stay away from Ghostly Adventures on PS3. I got Ghostly Adventures 2 on 3DS I am going to try here soon. I want to pick up my Vita more tho. Hard to go back on graphic fidelity and it just isn't as comfortable.

Heard great things about World 2 in particular, so I hope Sony and Namco put up that as a PS2 classic at some point :). Ghostly Adventures, from what I understand, tried really had to copy Galaxy 1 and 2 (power-ups almost 1-to-1 lifted from those games like the Yoshi Tonuge or Fire Mario) but regarding GA2 for 3DS, due to its nature as a 3DS game, it should be somewhat similar to World 1. I say that due to it being on 3DS, the weaker hardware would push the developers to play around with the 3D features and gameplay elements that playing with the 2D/3D planes can provide, so it just may be similar to World 1 :).

Here is a video of the 3DS game in action, so you have an idea on how it plays :). It looks very similar to the PS3/360/Wii U versions of the first game, so it should be an okay time.

I have little issue adjusting to the visual clarity between my 2DS and Vita due to how my 2DS is running its resolution with the proper screen (verses on the 3DS XL or N3DS XL where the image is blown up to fit the bigger screen). Granted, it does make things hard to see (like in Smash 3DS or DKCR3D), but it overall makes the games look better :).

SerTapTap

So all those rubbing games are just trying to help people fix their Vitas! How humanitarian.

No La Mulana is more like a Metroidvania, it has saves. Just extremely long and hard and complicated.

Shizuka

I bought it from a trusted seller on the brazilian eBay. I can't massage the Vita-2000, there's the glass on top of the actual screen that'd prevent me from doing it, isn't that correct?

Also, it's like TapTap said, except that I'm playing with a guide and not trying to figure the game out by myself.

Heard great things about World 2 in particular, so I hope Sony and Namco put up that as a PS2 classic at some point :). Ghostly Adventures, from what I understand, tried really had to copy Galaxy 1 and 2 (power-ups almost 1-to-1 lifted from those games like the Yoshi Tonuge or Fire Mario) but regarding GA2 for 3DS, due to its nature as a 3DS game, it should be somewhat similar to World 1. I say that due to it being on 3DS, the weaker hardware would push the developers to play around with the 3D features and gameplay elements that playing with the 2D/3D planes can provide, so it just may be similar to World 1 :).

Here is a video of the 3DS game in action, so you have an idea on how it plays :). It looks very similar to the PS3/360/Wii U versions of the first game, so it should be an okay time.

Watched the video and maybe I shouldn't have bought it because that looks exactly like the first Ghostly Adventures. The problem with Ghostly Adventures wasn't the concept it was that it super janky, has some terrible levels, wild up and down difficulty curve and just seemed unfinished. Hopefully they fixed the issues.

DR2K

Banned
If you preorder a game on PSN and the price is dropped before release are you entitled to a refund for the difference?

Tohsaka

I finished La-Mulana EX. I can safely say that there's no way in hell I would've gotten very far without a guide, there were a lot of times where I had no idea what I was supposed to do next.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
http://aquaplus.jp/next/

News? New game from Aquaplus for the PSVita. More info on March 20th.

There is no real information about the game on the page right now, but there is a minigame where you can guess which voiced segment belongs to which voice actress.

Those voice actresses are going to be in the new game.

Since its for something "new" do not have high hopes its for Dungeon Travelers 2-2 as they already went and announced that. Unless they consider reannouncing it "new" lol

So Kinda Funny Games is kinda amazing. If you remember correctly, they did a Let's play quick look for Persona 4 Golden
What are they showing today? Danganronpa
Greg and Colin spreading the love for the Vita is awesome. When they left IGN, I was kinda sad since they were the only ones that cared. Now they seem to be doing even more work on it than before! Heck they even have a let's play on the Banned game ahaha.

autoduelist

I must not buy anymore games, I must not buy anymore games. This month is ridiculous, there are so many games I want. I just need to stay strong for Bloodborne.

I mustered the strength to cancel my Bloodborne preorder a few months ago. I don't know how. Demon Souls and Dark Souls were both top 5 for me last gen. But I got distracted from finishing DS2 so I talked myself out of Bloodborne, even though I know I desperately want it. I drool at every shot I see of it, and the one endless/random dungeon sounds like a perfect idea/innovation.

I'd like to say I was holding fast, but I have Operation Abyss and Uncharted 4 bought and paid for, and have spent a ridiculous amount of money in the past few months on sales.

What's worse, is I'd really love to just have 6 months or a year (or more) to dedicate to psp/ps1 games instead of new releases, but it's just so hard.

The drpg/roguelike backlog on my pc also screams silently at me in the night.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah I've been switching classes around quite a bit.
Still it gets to the point where I'm just like "What am I even doing? It's been 20 hours."
The grind is ridiculous.

Sometimes when a boss goes into murder mode they develop a one-track mind. They'll chase me around while my archer + mages snipe away at him. So the dumb AI goes both ways.

Plus the difficulty has been inconsistent. The easiest boss I've fought so far was a
freakin' dragon
. He seemed to have less HP than most humanoids. Probably would have killed him even faster if I went back to town and revived my dead and checked for new equipment.
Yeah certain bosses can be a real pain and difficulty is not well calibrated, but even then i played the game for more than 90 hours and i liked it XD

VK3 is full of faults and not for everyone, but people gave it no chance because of graphics and lewd stuff(i still cannot understand why touching a consentient adult looking girl is scandalous and the game needs to die while lots of games where you strip child looking girls against their will are adored), it has some (very)good stuff, i had lots of fun with it.

Gematsu link, what we talked about yesterday Damascus Gear is coming this month, March 24th. Same day as Bloodborne /:
Awesome :)
The demo was fun and addictive, if cheap enough i'll buy it at d1 :D

SerTapTap

I mustered the strength to cancel my Bloodborne preorder a few months ago. I don't know how. Demon Souls and Dark Souls were both top 5 for me last gen. But I got distracted from finishing DS2 so I talked myself out of Bloodborne, even though I know I desperately want it. I drool at every shot I see of it, and the one endless/random dungeon sounds like a perfect idea/innovation.

I kinda want bloodborne but there's probably no way I'll play it, and if I do I'll jsut feel like I'm pushing other stuff aside. I might buy just the collector's edition guide for the art, I love the world they've created, just not the time requirements or apparent difficulty.

Shizuka

So, what's the consensus on Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters?

Wait for a sale or a price-drop, I'd say.
I don't own the game, I'm waiting for a seller to put an ad with a reasonable price.

Demos

Motorcycle Club (PS4)
Tennis in the Face (PS3/Vita)
Toukiden Kiwami (PS4/Vita)

PSOne Classic

Echo Night

PS2 Classic

Cars

PS4 Games

Battlefield Hardline
Bladestorm: Nightmare
Cabela’s African Adventures
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Jamestown+
Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 4
Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 2

PS3 Games

5 Star Wrestling
Battlefield Hardline
Bladestorm: Nightmare
Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 4
Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 2
Tennis in the Face
The Awakened Fate Ultimatum

Vita Games

Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype
Tennis in the Face

PlayStation Store Sneak Peek: March 17th 2015.

lmao @ Tennis In the Face

Funniest name for a game I can remember.

I thought Counterspy was supposed to be a bad port on the Vita? I started playing it today and it seems fine. Level loading is a little on the long side but that's about it. Granted I haven't played the PS4 version but just judging the Vita version on its own it plays really well.

You're on NeoGAF, where everything is either godtier amazing or is garbage/shit/bad/terrible.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I thought Counterspy was supposed to be a bad port on the Vita? I started playing it today and it seems fine. Level loading is a little on the long side but that's about it. Granted I haven't played the PS4 version but just judging the Vita version on its own it plays really well.

The only thing I've ever heard people complain about consistently is the loading times, so I can imagine it's just that. People will complain about anything, and cite it as reason for a "bad port" these days.

isitstill

I'm thinking of picking up either Hotline Miami 2 or La Mulana, but can't decide which!

Anyone have the answer for me? I see some LA Mulana love in here. Or, is there some other new release that I should get first? How about that firefighter game?

Help me buy something, GAF!

Shinriji

I'm thinking of picking up either Hotline Miami 2 or La Mulana, but can't decide which!

Anyone have the answer for me? I see some LA Mulana love in here. Or, is there some other new release that I should get first? How about that firefighter game?

La mulana. There is s good chance that HM2 will have a nice sale in a few months or on plus.

I'd like to say I was holding fast, but I have Operation Abyss and Uncharted 4 bought and paid for, and have spent a ridiculous amount of money in the past few months on sales.

What's worse, is I'd really love to just have 6 months or a year (or more) to dedicate to psp/ps1 games instead of new releases, but it's just so hard.

The drpg/roguelike backlog on my pc also screams silently at me in the night.

This blasphemy hurts my eyes. How could you do that? Luckily for me I have some friends from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls 2 that I always play with.

I totally understand your predicament.

antibolo

Banned

HM2 is currently on sale for Plus subscribers.

Love the art direction in Operation Abyss. Character design for Demon Gaze was awesome, and this looks great too

I wish Experience had bigger budgets for their games. They look great but you can tell they are made with a shoestring budget.

wilflare

I bought it from a trusted seller on the brazilian eBay. I can't massage the Vita-2000, there's the glass on top of the actual screen that'd prevent me from doing it, isn't that correct?

Also, it's like TapTap said, except that I'm playing with a guide and not trying to figure the game out by myself.

you can give it a try - someone suggested this as a solution for monitors ,etc.
I don't mind a good Metroidvania now - but the $20 is really bothering me

Fair enough, I don't like the chibis much myself. PDF 3rd on PS4/Vita has to happen at some point.

I don't mind supporting good games on the 3DS really
but sigh that uncomfy hardware really BOTHERS me
if it's 2D at least I won't get bothered by the weird 3D models or what not (not that chibi is weird... i'm neutral... but 3D models on that 3DS screen... ugh. 2D with the pop-out effect (when you enable 3D) is fine)

That's a very kind offer, thank you. I'd like to take that up with you but I'm not sure there's any way I could get payment to you without a PayPal account.

you can pay me with Amazon GC or something - we can sort that out. drop me a PM or something?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finished the prologue to Danganronpa 2 yesterday. Yeah...I am not feeling this at all.

I might not be the biggest fan of the first game but it least it semi gripped me from the start.

autoduelist

I. want. Hotline. Miami. 2. so. bad.

I kinda want bloodborne but there's probably no way I'll play it, and if I do I'll jsut feel like I'm pushing other stuff aside. I might buy just the collector's edition guide for the art, I love the world they've created, just not the time requirements or apparent difficulty.

If you could handle Binding of Isaac 'difficultly' you'd have no problem whatsoever in the D*Souls universe. It's difficultly is far overrated -- the biggest hurdle people need to face is that traditional hack & slash (run at everything! button mash!) behavior will result in death. Once you adjust to its
far superior
combat you'll be fine.

I imagine Bloodborne won't stray from that too far.

lmao @ Tennis In the Face

Funniest name for a game I can remember.

Men's Room Mayhem is up there for sheer absurdity.

Reset

Finished the prologue to Danganronpa 2 yesterday. Yeah...I am not feeling this at all.

I might not be the biggest fan of the first game but it least it semi gripped me from the start.

It gets better on later on. I thought the same thing at first, but after case 3 I ended up liking the second game more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I thought the first game was just okay, would you still recommend it? I have been on the fence for awhile.

Buy on sale. Nowhere near as good as the people who love it say.

Positives:

Great music
Pretty good atmosphere
The post game content is hilarious

Negatives:

Brain dead cases.
Awful minigames
Boring investigation periods.

Might be either depending on your point of view:

The game is really anime. Really, really anime.

If I thought the first game was just okay, would you still recommend it? I have been on the fence for awhile.

If you thought the first was okay, I would not buy the 2nd full price. It might be that
the ending
filled me with so much despair that I don't need any more for a life time, but I just cannot recommend the game to someone who didn't really enjoy the first.

Garraboa

Oooh, Echo Night? I know a friend's going to go crazy when I tell him about that one!

How many games do you guys play at the same time on your Vita? I can only seem to fully to get on one game at a time. I plat'ed PDf2nd and got full into Oreshika.

Buy on sale. Nowhere near as good as the people who love it say.

Positives:

Great music
Pretty good atmosphere
The post game content is hilarious

Negatives:

Brain dead cases.
Awful minigames
Boring investigation periods.

Might be either depending on your point of view:

The game is really anime. Really, really anime.

If you thought the first was okay, I would not buy the 2nd full price. It might be that
the ending
filled me with so much despair that I don't need any more for a life time, but I just cannot recommend the game to someone who didn't really enjoy the first.

I will probably wait for a sale. It is weird since I could not put the original down, but by the end it was just an okay experience for me.

Oooh, Echo Night? I know a friend's going to go crazy when I tell him about that one!

How many games do you guys play at the same time on your Vita? I can only seem to fully to get on one game at a time. I plat'ed PDf2nd and got full into Oreshika.

Right now it is around 3 games.
Demon Gaze
Growlanser Wayfarer of Time - Man the battles can be tiring after awhile.
Atelier

Tohsaka

Usually only one, sometimes two lately because I've been buying so much. I started Oreshika, but couldn't really get into it because of the lack of maps and the time management in dungeons associated with it. I put it on hold and started Firefly's Diary, which I then put on hold to play La-Mulana EX. Now that I'm finished with that I really need to go back and beat Firefly's Diary.

I will probably wait for a sale. It is weird since I could not put the original down, but by the end it was just an okay experience for me.

if this is the case, you should DEFINITELY hold out for a sale.

TOTP: Buy Hell Divers, and try not to let turrets land on your face.

Top Bottom