• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Minsc

Gold Member
I hope they get Alien running well on the hardware. Because if they do, it's going to be 100x scarier than RE Village ever was. Might even be worse than Madison VR if Alien Isolation in flat gaming was able to get to the levels it did, in VR it must be unthinkable.

sncvsrtoip

Has anyone tried the exorcist game yet? I'm very interested. Is it even out yet?
I didnt but watched without parole review and its apparently solid

Last edited:
imo the most important and still criminally underutilized vr feature is eye tracking... kinda sucks it won't function on pc.
I would assume it is not impossible that it could get added later. If the adapter sells, porting the process that runs on PS5 should be possible and just adding a bit to the requirements. I guess it works over some image processing that tracks the video feed from the eye cam? Some cpu power needed for that and also maybe a better version USB3-port to get that signal over.
I would assume everything that is not currently suppoted or announced should be able to be patched, if it makes sense for Sony. Eg head rumble is currently on no PC game anyway, so unless devs specifically ask for that feature to be unlocked and add it to their game, working on it was hardly priority for now. HDR on PC or PC monitors is as far as i am aware also not that much supported as on consoles. It should be possible, but let's see.
Imo dumb move to strip from it some of its distinguishing features, some of its sales arguments, but Sony and VR is just a loveless marriage. PC support should have been there day one, and with all features and one of their own games already showcasing it on PC. Which would mean either GT or Horizon.

ABnormal

I would assume it is not impossible that it could get added later. If the adapter sells, porting the process that runs on PS5 should be possible and just adding a bit to the requirements. I guess it works over some image processing that tracks the video feed from the eye cam?
The primary issue is that Gaze Foveated Rendering is treated as an input like button and stick ones: it has to precede the rendering pipeline for every frame. The eye position must be tracked and communicated to the console BEFORE the actual frame rendering starts, in order to magnify the detail of the area of gaze, letting the rest to be low detail. It means that the the game, the engine and the hardware have to be designed for it to be possible.
If a random PC game isn't coded for that, or the hardware doesn't allow for such latency requirements (this last thing is unlikely), there will be the need for a specific patch, and if the rendering has high latency, it may be too problematic to be worth the hassle.

Pelao

I grabbed Hellsweeper during the sales.
The game is quite fun, but I made the mistake of playing the first run on normal, without doing any tutorial, so, playing it as a relatively normal shooter mixed with melee, I finished a full run through all three acts in half an hour without dying once.
The following runs, however, making use of all the moves and arsenal, were transformative. I totally recommend it if you have good VR legs. Wall running or doing a flip while shooting at enemies is a really cool feeling that I haven't experienced with any other game.

Top Bottom