• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POKÉTON! New Pokémon anime starring RED (!) from Pokémon Red/Blue [Up: Trailer]

THIS needs the original cast; Veronica Taylor as Red, Jimmy Zoppi as Blue (luckily he IS still Gary anyway), Stuart Zagnit as Oak, Eric Stuart as Brock, and Rachael Lillis as Misty, you know, the works. And Racheal and Eric as Jessie and James if they're in (they were Anime and Yellow-specific, so who knows), and get fucking Nathan Price back as Meowth, he was awesome. We all know what happened to Maddie RIP :'(.

The original cause the most of the actors not returning was due to some retarded contract that lasted 2 years, only Jamie Peacock and Jimmy Zoppi stayed because quite clearly they were in a choice between "dessert 4Kids for Pokemon or stay and come back in 2 years", they chose the latter, notice how neither of them were ever in a 4Kids show after the switch? They made the right choice.

So naturally by the time the contract was up, all the characters were recast.

Now one person who took over certain characters named Gavin Blair (took over as Giovanni, Tracy, etc) left around 2007. This is why Ted Lewis came back as Giovanni after the character was previously recast as said. This means he's back as Tracy if he ever fucking has a line ever again.

So now these are in a sense new characters and not part of the traditional anime, this might be the big return for the MIA cast. Oddly Eric and Veronica never voiced anyone in the new dub, Rachael voiced one of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders and then nothing, and Stuart Zagnit is Cedric Juniper in BW.

So hopefully Nintendo does this and not just put Bill Rogers as Brock or Stephanie as Red (he did have a different voice in Brawl, think it was Michele Knotz, they might use her...) and shit. :/ It's an origin series, so get the original voices at least for this...

Yes! We're free from the tyranny of Ash! Also, very smart from Nintendo. New Pokemon with tons of new features and a new Pokemon anime to go with it. This year is the year of Pokemon!

tumblr_mhqqy7mXMo1qbq6hyo1_500.gif
can't wait.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yes! We're free from the tyranny of Ash! Also, very smart from Nintendo. New Pokemon with tons of new features and a new Pokemon anime to go with it. This year is the year of Pokemon!

This is only a special.

And the main Anime is continuing like usual.

GfxpAnb.jpg

upandaway

;KLJDSFGLDHJSGKLJHDSLKGHUSD

i can't you guys what is going on
my nostalgia was not ready to get hit by this

i just wish red had bulbasaur and blue had charmander, but who cares this is crazy

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I still think it's an OVA; can totally see them fastforwarding to the Champion match after Brock gets beat.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I actually hope they use a new voice cast, it's not meant to be a remake of the older episodes.

THIS needs the original cast; Veronica Taylor as Red, Jimmy Zoppi as Blue (luckily he IS still Gary anyway), Stuart Zagnit as Oak, Eric Stuart as Brock, and Rachael Lillis as Misty, you know, the works. And Racheal and Eric as Jessie and James if they're in (they were Anime and Yellow-specific, so who knows), and get fucking Nathan Price back as Meowth, he was awesome. We all know what happened to Maddie RIP :'(.

The original cause the most of the actors not returning was due to some retarded contract that lasted 2 years, only Jamie Peacock and Jimmy Zoppi stayed because quite clearly they were in a choice between "dessert 4Kids for Pokemon or stay and come back in 2 years", they chose the latter, notice how neither of them were ever in a 4Kids show after the switch? They made the right choice.

So naturally by the time the contract was up, all the characters were recast.

Now one person who took over certain characters named Gavin Blair (took over as Giovanni, Tracy, etc) left around 2007. This is why Ted Lewis came back as Giovanni after the character was previously recast as said. This means he's back as Tracy if he ever fucking has a line ever again.

So now these are in a sense new characters and not part of the traditional anime, this might be the big return for the MIA cast. Oddly Eric and Veronica never voiced anyone in the new dub, Rachael voiced one of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders and then nothing, and Stuart Zagnit is Cedric Juniper in BW.

So hopefully Nintendo does this and not just put Bill Rogers as Brock or Stephanie as Red (he did have a different voice in Brawl, think it was Michele Knotz, they might use her...) and shit. :/ It's an origin series, so get the original voices at least for this...

No thanks to this. I want entirely new voices for every one. I have tons of nostalgia for the first season, but I don't want this to be a retread of the original series,

Voror

Will watch if only got the nostalgia. Some of the character designs and the way they move is a bit odd. I didn't even recognize Brock for a second.

It'd be really cool if this ended up following the whole game with the defeat of the Gym Leaders and Team Rocket being taken down. Maybe even have Red actually catch a Legendary.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
this is kinda weird tho

seeing as current day Ash along with Charizard is on a boat about to return to Pallet Town in a few weeks :x

fates

his new outfit has reached a all time low, they cant get rid of the jacket, that shit's iconic

After he scrapped the original hat, we knew nothing was sacred anymore.

When he gets home Primeape is gonna slap his shit for throwing such a fit over it and then casually getting rid of it. And he deserves it.

upandaway

We're all freaking out here but I wonder what the audience for this is. If it's popular enough, will they extend it beyond one special?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The anime isn't that bad when it's a short term storyline that last a few episodes. Team Plasma actually turned Pikachu heel and it almost killed Ash. Meowth was a good guy for a string of episodes. Its the filler episodes that drag that shit to hell.

edit: and no Ash's love didn't turn Pikachu back...that shit was super ineffective.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The anime isn't that bad when it's a short term storyline that last a few episodes. Team Plasma actually turned Pikachu heel and it almost killed Ash. Meowth was a good guy for a string of episodes. Its the filler episodes that drag that shit to hell.

I still have a soft-spot for the Anime, Diamond and Pearl was a good series that tried to fix some complaints, such as giving Ash more evolved Pokemon, incorporating game elements and characters better, and more continuity than before.

I really don't like Best Wishes though, it's pretty much them trying to recapture the original magic with a similar set-up to the original (pretty short gaps between Gyms, new Misty and Brock characters, Ash is dumb again, all the Starters + lots of Pokemon captures) but failing. I hope XY goes back to what DP was doing.

The Japanese version will probably use a different voice cast, but I'd be more than ok with Veronica Taylor as the voice of Red in this.

Though if they use a different cast, they should get Antony Del Rio, who played Pit in Kid Icarus Uprising.

And fuuuck Pokemon Company if they Americanize the music like they do with the TV series.

Top Bottom