• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POKÉTON! New Pokémon anime starring RED (!) from Pokémon Red/Blue [Up: Trailer]

-Horizon-

I'd even take a one cour show as long as it keeps that quality.
That battle with Brock in the beginning. There is a skip to the Elite Four Battle with Lance. Then the Champion Battle with Green.
I will be surprised if this is a 30 minute special. Why speed through all the gym battles and Team Rocket battle in between? The Pokemon Company/Game Freak has a chance to ride on the hype that X & Y are making to make this succeed as a full series.

Edit: just saw the post about it being a special ._.

-Horizon-

特別番組/tokubetsu bangumi/special TV program is what this is being labeled as.

Is it going to be like a one hour special then?

AHHHH D:

If its one hour, at least it'll be better than a 30 minute anime speed run of the whole game.

They are, I don't like the new abstract designs. I want them to look like animals. I stopped playing after Gold but maybe I will pick up the new one when I get a 3DS.

They do still look like animals. If you went through every single Gen I and Gen V design, the ratios of organic-to-unnatural-based Pokémon are almost identical. I personally like Gen V best due to the amount of creativity that went into the designs, but everyone likes different things and one generation's Pokémon aren't objectively better than another's.

Anyway, I hope that if this screenshot truly is from a Stadium-style game that they bring back the sweet minigames. I think I sunk more time into those suckers than the entirety of both Stadiums' battle modes.

That battle with Brock in the beginning. There is a skip to the Elite Four Battle with Lance. Then the Champion Battle with Green.
I will be surprised if this is a 30 minute special. Why speed through all the gym battles and Team Rocket battle in between? The Pokemon Company/Game Freak has a chance to ride on the hype that X & Y are making to make this succeed as a full series.

I think it's clear that this is trying to aim for the kids who grew up with Pokemon Red and Blue. Get them interested in this new special out of nostalgia and then hope they become interested in X & Y.

The animation quality is too good for a standard show, too. It'll be a one hour special, probably.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I thought Ash was Red? And then we fought him in Gold/Silver...?

I don't get this anime shit.

RagnarokX

They are, I don't like the new abstract designs. I want them to look like animals. I stopped playing after Gold but maybe I will pick up the new one when I get a 3DS.

The poor nostalgia-addled...

Pokemon hasn't changed being based on animals or non-animals.

Shengar

I wait for the official news what its goin to be. It just trailer so they mighy be just focused the most epic part. We have to remember that this air in October so there is still much time left.

woen

images

Shengar

They do still look like animals. If you went through every single Gen I and Gen V design, the ratios of organic-to-unnatural-based Pokémon are almost identical. I personally like Gen V best due to the amount of creativity that went into the designs, but everyone likes different things and one generation's Pokémon aren't objectively better than another's.

Anyway, I hope that if this screenshot truly is from a Stadium-style game that they bring back the sweet minigames. I think I sunk more time into those suckers than the entirety of both Stadiums' battle modes.
Generation V is the best design wise. So many Pokemon with natural look and design, compared to what we have.in Generation IV.

Mariolee

From the other thread:

It's a fake, sorry

Pokémon: The Origin is also confirmed as a special episode

Better be at least an hour if not movie length gatdang.

In fact have each mainline Pokemon be its own movie in the style of Origins. It could be like the Evangelion remakes, except GOOD.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
they seem to go for a visual design of red looking older the further he gets, he looks physically different when he was getting his pokeball from professor oak to when he was talking with lance

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The animation is lovely and the mons look good, but man the human faces are sooooooo badly drawn.

Haven't watched any anime in about 8 years (watched Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh), so I'm unfamiliar with where I can see it.

Any clue what network it would air on in the United States/is there a delayed release after the Japanese release (for dubbing)?

Shengar

From the other thread:

Better be at least an hour if not movie length gatdang.

In fact have each mainline Pokemon be its own movie in the style of Origins. It could be like the Evangelion remakes, except GOOD.
Still great regardless despite the clarification. I hope it is one hour long.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Production I.G.'s involvement confirms that it is not a series.

Yeah it's pretty much confirmed it's a special episode.

Haven't watched any anime in about 8 years (watched Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh), so I'm unfamiliar with where I can see it.

Any clue what network it would air on in the United States/is there a delayed release after the Japanese release (for dubbing)?

iirc Cartoon Network gets Pokemon

One hour's fine even if it's just a run through all the stand-out moments. That should mean no time for filler and plenty of room for consistently good animation—but I'm not allowing myself to expect that from OLM. If they start doing this for the other games, that'd be neat as well.

zeopower6

There's no details about that.

But if it was gonna show, it'd be on Cartoon Network and/or the Pokemon TV app.

Top Bottom