• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POKÉTON! New Pokémon anime starring RED (!) from Pokémon Red/Blue [Up: Trailer]

Mask

Looks amazing! Hmm.. will we get an episode about Lavender Town? If they have the GHOST in it, with the original design, I could see that being pretty spooky!

zeopower6

So is Ash done? Did he win a championship?

Not at all. Ash will be on his journey as usual on Thursdays or whenever the hell it shows normally. :p (October 12th?!)

After watching the official video... this has OVA written all over it. D:

Bulzeeb

Thanks, added to OP. Looks amazing even considering the video quality.

Damn, I made it to the fist post, am I popular now?

1-ani-phoenix-bashful.gif

edit:

Here's the official upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lyi2RSVxqg
Looks pretty awesome.

screw my link, this got me hyped as heck o_O

Betty

Banned
Makes sense though. The red in the show is inexperienced, young and just starting his journey while the one that art is based on is Red after defeating Team Rocket, becoming a Pokemon champion and training in one of the most hostile regions for two/four years.

To be fair, the whole "baddass red with shadows covering his eyes" thing originates from Pokemon Gold & Silver's Red boss battle, not his playable appearance. And he's three years older there compared to his appearance in the original games. I don't think he should look or act like that in the beginning of his adventure.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

zeopower6

特別番組/tokubetsu bangumi/special TV program is what this is being labeled as.

Is it going to be like a one hour special then?

Hope it pulls a DS and becomes the norm. Sort of like how the DS was supposed to be the third pillar of Nintendo's systems and then shut out the Gameboy. Let this new special kill off the old anime. I'm tired of the 'chu.

Top Bottom