• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

Are we really about to get a game announcement? Feels too good to be true right now

We have two unknown Pokémon that we know about

One is this adorable little blob
Lfns2ui.jpg

The other is a huge kaiju-esque monster.

Neither are in the current games.

The answers as to what they are is set to be in next month's CoroCoro. They'll likely want to reveal it before CoroCoro since CoroCoro leaks and so that'd require revealing a new game.

They likely wouldn't be revealing these things if a new game wasn't within around 6 months of launch.

ash_ag

ByGbq24.png

Strange Souvenir
"An ornament depicting a Pokemon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos."

Backpacker said:
"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! There's this facility that you wouldn't believe...Ah, never mind. You'll see it in due time."

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you... Ah, never mind. You'll find out in due time."

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but let me share something with you from my region. It's really special!" (gives Strange Souvenir to the player)

"The Kalos region is nice and all, but you've really got to check out my region! Where is it, you ask? Well, I can tell you that it's not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova!"

This has to be the game where this will be resolved, right? The final game of the Generation should have an extended facility like Battle Frontier or the Pokémon World Tournament. Perhaps a mini-region will accommodate it this time.

The souvenir looking unlike any Pokémon we have seen (unless it's related to Volcanion, I suppose) could also backup the theory of a (small?) expansion of Pokémon ("Gen 6.5"). I know Blobby is related to Zygarde, but would it actually be Zygarde? Could they share the 'dex entry? Let's also not forget that all regular and Legendary Pokémon are available between XY and ORAS. If they want to enrich the ecosystem, they'll have to do something unprecedented.

Kyzer

Banned
We have two unknown Pokémon that we know about

One is this adorable little blob

The other is a huge kaiju-esque monster.

Neither are in the current games.

The answers as to what they are is set to be in next month's CoroCoro. They'll likely want to reveal it before CoroCoro since CoroCoro leaks and so that'd require revealing a new game.

They likely wouldn't be revealing these things if a new game wasn't within around 6 months of launch.

:,) the time has come

Busaiku

Everyone expecting a Pokken port so soon aren't really familiar with the arcade process, Bandai Namco in particular.
They are among the absolute worst in this regard, making even ArcSys transitions look acceptable.

Nightbird

Everyone expecting a Pokken port so soon aren't really familiar with the arcade process, Bandai Namco in particular.
They are among the absolute worst in this regard, making even ArcSys transitions look acceptable.

I don't expect a port soon, I expect a port announcement soon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tekken 7 still has having new characters.

Also people are speculating Super MD might have a new form/pokemon due to the ???.

Boss Doggie

here's a better pic, I used it as a reaction for seeing today's weekly humble bundle are filled with uplay shit

d83.png

Serena, Shota and Clemont got a new challenger!

StoneFox

I'll be working tomorrow and won't be able to watch Worlds, but is the entire event going to be tomorrow or will it continue into Saturday? I know they show reruns the day after it ends.

I watched the Worlds livestream last year and had tons of fun, too bad I have to miss out tomorrow xP It was awesome watching Se Jun win the championship live.

Cindro

What are the chances the Hoopa movie gets an American release date announced this weekend? I'm oddly looking forward to watching it.

Obviously a new game announcement would be infinitely superior, but maybe fate will shine kindly on us and we'll get both.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hope it's impressive, ORAS didn't fill me with as much hype as it should have, and I'm really falling out of Pokemon right now...

But I imagine it's gonna be more or less another XY Engine game.

Kyzer

Banned
For some reason I think we're gonna see the graphics really refined. BW did happen after all.

Some things I hope they've been working on being able to implement fully are rideable Pokemon (including eon flute equivalent and many more surf models) and overworld models for every Pokemon.

And I hope they bring back PWT.

Jay RaR

Yeah OmegaRuby massively underwhelmed me so if the next Pokemon isn't challenging (puzzles and battle wise, hell I'll even accept Battle Maison bs within the main campaign) then I'll most likely skip it. Funny since the original Ruby got me out of the series.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Thanks, didn't know about them at all. I sort of rushed through B2W2.

There was so much extra stuff in that game I never got around to it...

I honestly don't even need the new games to have a huge post-game, I just want a funner main-scenario.

I'll be working tomorrow and won't be able to watch Worlds, but is the entire event going to be tomorrow or will it continue into Saturday? I know they show reruns the day after it ends.

I watched the Worlds livestream last year and had tons of fun, too bad I have to miss out tomorrow xP It was awesome watching Se Jun win the championship live.
It's 3 days this year so it will continue into Saturday and Sunday.

Even if there's no announcement tomorrow, there should definitely be something before the next Coro Coro right?
Almost certainly.

Boss Doggie

to be fair the friends aren't as annoying as in the game

also Tierno has a dancing team (Raichu, Wartortle, Ludicolo, Hitmontop, Politoed)

The show is doing really poorly again like low 3s to mid 2s (or lower).
I think this is the lowest it's ever been.

iirc still not as low as Decolora

Busaiku

I didn't check every single week, and there are some weeks that we can't say for sure (since the cutoff was like 4), but it doesn't seem to have done nearly as bad. It was generally in the 3s and 4s.
Decolore did what X/Y does on good weeks. It's gotten really bad.

I mean the environment's changed, ratings are lower across the board, but shows airing at 1:30 AM are doing better nowadays.

Boss Doggie

I didn't check every single week, and there are some weeks that we can't say for sure (since the cutoff was like 4), but it doesn't seem to have done nearly as bad. It was generally in the 3s and 4s.
Decolore did what X/Y does on good weeks. It's gotten really bad.

I mean the environment's changed, ratings are lower across the board, but shows airing at 1:30 AM are doing better nowadays.

I was told that XY's highs were higher than DA's though. And DA's were lower (lower than 3's).

Busaiku

Yeah, some of the highs in the 5s for X/Y are better, but I don't think it got below 3, like X/Y now. The only weeks Adventures in Unova weren't in the top 10 was like when everything was 4+. Like I said, I don't know what it was at when it wasn't in the charts and I didn't check every single week, but it was generally in the 3s/4s. The last few months were mostly 4s. Overall it seemed to average much better (it was basically doing current Yokai Watch numbers).

We can then see the effect with much lower BOs (the first time a new gen movie did worse than the last movie of the previous gen).
Though Best Wishes was kind of an outlier, in that, overall it did pretty well. I remember it got super high ratings early on, I think higher than Diamond/Pearl's best (not sure on this), and the first movies did well, but Genesect fell off.
The highest Diamond/Pearl movie was also Zoroark, which is also really unusual.

I think everyone just wanted some Unova early on and for a while, but people aren't really feeling X/Y, and it'll have to keep chugging for 2 more years.

Boss Doggie

Well to be fair it's not a "major event" ep yet. Most of the highs in XY were major events + some shipping advertisment. And for some odd reason Clemont getting first base.

In any case it would be interesting how the show would go on. Or at least if it would reflect the merchandising sales.

JoeM86

Even if there's no announcement tomorrow, there should definitely be something before the next Coro Coro right?

Yes. CoroCoro has promised to give us the answers to what Blobby and the kaiju-esque monster are in their next issue.

The show is doing really poorly again like low 3s to mid 2s (or lower).
I think this is the lowest it's ever been.

It really hasn't. I keep track of these things. The ratings are steady, though do drop to the 3s. Lowest was 3.3 on the episode that aired on Christmas but it never hits the low to mid 3s (though I haven't seen last week's yet). Highest (away from the first episode) is 6.4. Lowest for Decolore Adventures is 2.7 and highest is 4.5,though the two specials featuring Cilan & Brock and Iris got 5s.

Ratings for anime and TV in general are down anyway, but Pokémon is far from the lowest it has ever been. Yo-kai Watch isn't that much better, routinely doing 4s as well, sometimes mid 5s. You really are exaggerating the issue. It's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

Boss Doggie

Well pokken twitter doesn't mention anything at Worlds, so I doubt there'd be anything Pokken stuff in there

Busaiku

It really hasn't. I keep track of these things. The ratings are steady, though do drop to the 3s. Lowest was 3.3 on the episode that aired on Christmas but it never hits the low to mid 3s (though I haven't seen last week's yet). Highest (away from the first episode) is 6.4. Lowest for Decolore Adventures is 2.7 and highest is 4.5,though the two specials featuring Cilan & Brock and Iris got 5s.

Ratings for anime and TV in general are down anyway, but Pokémon is far from the lowest it has ever been. Yo-kai Watch isn't that much better, routinely doing 4s as well, sometimes mid 5s. You really are exaggerating the issue. It's nowhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.
Were there no episodes aired the last few weeks?
It fails to chart even though the bottom are low 3s and going into 2s.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-20/japan-animation-tv-ranking-august-10-16/.91928
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-13/japan-animation-tv-ranking-august-3-9/.91639

Decolore was largely hanging around the mid to upper 3s/lower 4s, going through the various weeks.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14333

Boss Doggie

There was a break last Aug 7th, there will be a break in Sept. 3.

I bet the ratings will go up again next week.

Top Bottom