• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Mr-Joker

Banned
It is weird that the only Gen 5 Mega is Audino

I kinda hoping the reason for that is because they are saving new evolution for the gen 5 Pokémon.

The XY leaks were particularly interesting because it turned out someone had been leaking info on a small site for months without most people knowing it. Then it blew up and got really ridiculous.

I remember when the leak was going down on gaf, I was F5ing the page constantly to get the latest info.

Good times.

Busaiku

I'm not gonna be following leaks and try and stay away from some of the official reveals, besides the big ones (announcement and features).
Get more kick out of the game itself this time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ah yes, gen 5 starters final evolution leak was totally the best one.
I remember that post detailing how recycled those designs were and so on, good stuff.

Greninja, Binacle, Hawlucha etc were pretty fun too but nothing comparable.

Ahh I remember that, people tried to disprove Hawlucha due to the angles and amount of triangles it has on its wings lol

brinstar

I'm not gonna be following leaks and try and stay away from some of the official reveals, besides the big ones (announcement and features).
Get more kick out of the game itself this time.

I wonder how they'll handle it this time because they basically revealed everything about OR/AS in the pre-release marketing

Busaiku

Since the 4th Mega Evolution episode is back to Kalos, I wonder if they're gonna end with Lysandre there, or take it to the main series.

Nightbird

Her shtick about multiple dimensions. It didn't really confirm anything about "XY/ORAS is set in different timeline!" and stuff. It felt more like the usual "if only this happened in a different way" sort of dialogue. And she wasn't even sure of it.

Oh that.
I admit, i rolled with that too.
It's true that it wasn't completely confirmed, but i think the Fact that it has been mentioned in the Game, and that it provides a pretty good reason why there weren't Mega Evolutions in the previous Games resulted in many people taking this as a Fact.

Cindro

Her shtick about multiple dimensions. It didn't really confirm anything about "XY/ORAS is set in different timeline!" and stuff. It felt more like the usual "if only this happened in a different way" sort of dialogue. And she wasn't even sure of it.
What? The multiverse is an absolutely perfect fit for Pokémon! Just as one of a thousand examples, millions of players own an Arceus, of which there is only one of in the Pokémon universe. These players can interact with each other via trading or battling. Without a multiverse, those trades and battles wouldn't be canon to either players' game. Does that solution make MORE sense to you than the multiverse?

Everybody's individual copy of any given Pokémon game is it's own completely separate, canonical universe. That is why my 11 Pokémon Championship titles over the years are all completely valid - and thank god too, because if they weren't, I'd need to find a new pickup line.

gosox333

the fact that GF went out of their way to call the inter dimensiona/paralell universe portal a Link Cable shows that they're probably on board with whatever she's talking about

in the end all it is is a convenient way to explain why megas just showed up. Kinda cool but kinda unnecessary.

Daemul

We had already been given an explanation to why Megas and Fairy type had appeared in XY, "Blah, blah only found in Kalos, a new discovery etc, etc, but then ORAS came out and GF felt the need to explain why Megas were in that game, since we had been told that Mega evolution was something only observed in Kalos and ORAS takes place around a decade before the events of XY, and thus the multiverse was created to fit ORAS into the timeline.

Whether future games follow the new ORAS timeline or go back to the old timeline is unknown. Ask Gamefreak :p

Boss Doggie

I was talking about the timelines silly :p

And I think the link cable was more of a homage/cameo than anything

gosox333

I was talking about the timelines silly :p

And I think the link cable was more of a homage/cameo than anything

they just randomly chose that old ass feature as a name for that specific role and didn't want people to connect any dots? doubt it

but I will admit that until it's explicitly laid down like the Zelda timeline it's technically all just nerdy headcanon. anyone's free to think what they want.

Boss Doggie

We have an official timeline of sorts, but it considers all games in a linear timeline rather than multiple timelines.

gosox333

heh I'm not counting a deleted twitter post made before ORAS even released as an explicitly laid out timeline of where the series is now.

The only reason we got that was because the dude needed to clarify that ORAS were remakes. IIRC that was posted the day of the ORAS announcement when people were wondering if we were getting sequels to R/S due to ambiguous wording in that first trailer.

Said (rough) timeline was written by the scenario writer for the games, so I would put more strength into it's validity. And even then, it only established what was already known for years in regards to what took place when. The general events have an established order, with the fine details changing between originals and remake.

I think that the timeline comment is pretty cool, providing a neat reason for how new changes find their way into remakes of older games. If they decide to expand on it (I'd hope so), then great.

In any case, the series is no stranger to messing with time in general (see: Time Capsule in GSC, the general forward transfer of Pokemon from G3 to G6), so eh.

Xenoboy

I just caught up with the latest episode of the anime. I hope James' Inkay will evolve sooner or later.

The Rotom episode was really weird though... and I'm looking forward to the Braxien episode.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Until closer to the 30th anniversary where they release a Kanto Historia :p

You joke but I would kill for a Kanto Historia. I want to know what content didn't make the cut and why.

Like why did they not officially released the Azure Flute? I don't buy Masuda's excuse of kids getting confused.

lupinko

I saw the movie again yesterday, still great and better the second time. The kaiju formula really works well for Pokemon movies I think.

I was also able to farm 9 Hoopa again, so that's in addition to the 12 I got from the first viewing.

I just caught up with the latest episode of the anime. I hope James' Inkay will evolve sooner or later.

The Rotom episode was really weird though... and I'm looking forward to the Braxien episode.

Rotom is in reality the time travelling Pokemon we never knew existed

Haven't been here in a while but looks like I came just in time for the rumor mill to be starting.

Fake or not, I always find these things fun to read through. New starters is a bit unbelievable though >.>

Pokemon and Smash fake leaks are always the most fun to read just to see what people come up with.

JoeM86

So should we expect the new games to be unveiled at worlds this Friday?

We shouldn't expect anything. All we do is hope.

All signs are pointing to maybe, but don't get your hopes up.

I've seen some absurd rationalisation lately. Some say that there will be no reveal because it would "ruin players concentration", others saying that a reveal would probably be Super Mystery Dungeon's western release which makes no sense considering it'd be Worlds.

brinstar

I hope they announce something soon, I'm hankering for a new Pokemon game to play through.

It's like I'm crawling through a desert and that green blob was the first drip of water I've seen in ages.

I'm getting thirsty for a new Pokémon Game.

I think I'm addicted.

fYGY2OX.png

Definitely will grab Super Mystery Dungeon day 1. Getting more and more hyped for it.

And by day 1 I mean its Japanese release because A) I can't wait and B) I got so used to playing 3DS games in Japanese over the summer that English feels like easy mode now. :X

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah, what was the last time they made a spin-off guest star in the anime? Was it the Ranger series?

Top Bottom