• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Had fun today! Started playing today, caught Drowzee, Pidgey x2, Zubatx2. "Nearby pokemon" display doesn't seem to work at all. I was cycling around and all 9 pokemon were "3 steps" all the time! Luckily just randomly moving around would make pokemon appear.

There appears to be 3 gyms withing 5km radius of my apartment, plus several pokestops. I think I can survive with those!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Anybody else not able to add a Pokemon to a Gym controlled by their own team? For me, it's been like this since yesterday.

Chaos17

Its all about getting together with teammates to grab and fortify gyms. Im in a local Instinct Facebook group and we notify the group of gyms that need reinforcements.

I was searching the button to upvote, lol
But yeah, team/guild should have some kind a way to communicate and a facebook page is a good idea.

Costia

Its all about getting together with teammates to grab and fortify gyms. Im in a local Instinct Facebook group and we notify the group of gyms that need reinforcements.
How do you fortify a gym?
I took down a level 6 or 7 blue gym in ~10 minutes because I was bored at the time.
You need around half the CP of the strongest pokemon with the right attack type and a bunch of potions.
There are a few red gyms in my area that are mostly untouched, but its a relatively low traffic area, and i think that most of the player are still with ~400cp pokemons, while the gyms have a few 1-1.2K defenders. So i expect these to change hands quite fast once the others get to level 15ish and start getting 1K cp pokemons.

Screenshot_2016-07-16-16-26-40.png

At least the wait for my flight will be productive.

"As of tonight, Trainers living in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, and Switzerland are able to download Pokémon GO from the Play Store or App Store.”

Still no Japan! They are getting pissed and anxious. Now they know how the rest of the world felt having to wait almost a year after they got a main series game.

Videospel

How does the tracking of Pokémon really work? Saw that Moltres was three steps away on two separate occasions but never figured out which way I should have gone.

And it was crazy to see the Swedish streets tonight, everyone goes around playing the game.

Costia

Anybody else not able to add a Pokemon to a Gym controlled by their own team? For me, it's been like this since yesterday.
Is there a free spot in the gym?
The level determines how many pokemons you can put there. So if all the slots are taken you have to train to get the gym's level up to make a new empty spot.

How does the tracking of Pokémon really work? Saw that Moltres was three steps away on two separate occasions but never figured out which way I should have gone.
And it was crazy to see the Swedish streets tonight, everyone goes around playing the game.
Currently tracking doesnt work.

Seth

I mean, we did and got a level 10 gym and filled it up. Was taken down quickly, and replaced with much weaker pokemon.

oti

Banned
My idea for events in this game: Official AI Gym Leaders & Badges

Go to McDonalds to challenge the AI Leader Brock. Beat him, get a Pokémon/a special egg, and the badge. If enough people beat him something special will unlock.

Jonbo298

So this sounds like a great workaround to actually save battery (or vice versa) while playing on Android (whenever they get the growing pains sorted out...).

http://phandroid.com/2016/07/15/download-this-go-extender-for-pokemon-go/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dferreira.gopika

While you're playing Pokemon GO you should be able to just put your smartphone in your pocket and walk without fear of unwanted screen presses. This app does just that. While the device is pointing down or the proximity sensor is blocked the screen will turn black and no touches will be detected. It also enables you to keep the screen always on while the game is in foreground.

If you have a compatible device with 5.0 or above the proximity sensor will turn the screen off, so this is also good for LCD devices.

During the trial period of 5 days no ads will appear in the black screen. After the trial period some ads will appear in the black screen.

5 days is based on when you open the app. $1.49 to go ad free.
and no, I'm not a paid shill or whatnot.

guek

Banned
I just had a great 2hrs at the park. Servers crapped out on me once for about 20 minutes but other than that, it was fine.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

A Moltres? What?

Durden77

Wow taking out a gym and having the team take it right back when it's in neutral is so so so fucking bullshit. It should just give the gym to whoever took it out immediately.

Costia

BTW the game gives horrible training advice.
When you press the train button on a gym it generally suggests you to use the strongest pokemon you have. Which is why you get ~100 prestige per fight.
What i do is look at the type of the weakest pokemon in the gym, choose a pokemon with a x2 attack against that type, but with a lower CP, sometimes even x2 lower CP is good enough. I beat the first pokemon and run. This gives ~500-700 cp per fight instead of the ~100-200 i got when beating the entire gym with a strong pokemon.

Danj

I've been having some luck catching Pokemon while travelling on the bus today, got myself a few Eevees and a Psyduck. I also caught a Magmar earlier on, and one of my eggs finally hatched, into a Staryu.

Just went to a popular location today and everyone was connected and having a blast--except me! My game kept erroring out and wouldn't load. And there was a Scyther in the area too. Me grumpy now.

Never seen this before. Are you sure you aren't some kind of cheater? Because it looks like soft punishment.
If this is the way they punish someone for being the passenger on a road trip.

I haven't heard of something like this happening to other people travelling faster than the speed they've designated for eggs.

Don't really see it as being anymore of an advantage than living downtown though. There's no Pokémon on the freeway anyways unless you use an incense.

I think you mean a Fearow. Similar silhouette to Moltres.

Mariolee

App down for anyone else? At least here in Cali it won't go past the loading screen.

Nevermind, servers down. This is God telling me to work on my med school apps lol

Top Bottom