• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Bruno

1 pokestop where I live. Ran out of poke balls yesterday. Living rural kinda fucks you in this game. The petrol to drive to the nearest city will be more than the IAPs. Ughhhh

Signup for their older game Ingress and once you have an account you can check the games map on your internet browser and find a nearby place with stops. My area is completely dead but I found somewhere 20~ minutes away that has 12 stops & 3 gyms. Ingress and Pokemon Go share most of the same "spots" so it should help.

yfGYXF8.jpg

This was the situation this evening in Gantry Park, NYC. Masses of people just losing their minds when the Pikachus started showing up.

Related: is it a dick move to not let your friend use your phone to log in and catch a Pokemon when their phone dies?

I just started playing this game yesterday. Are the footprints in "nearby" supposed to mean something? I have 9 pokemon on the nearby list, all 3 steps. But then when I walk around, a pokemon that wasn't even on the list spawns. No matter how hard I try to find these "nearby" pokemon I can't find them.

I don't understand what the "nearby" list is supposed to do and how it's supposed to work.

Skrams

How are people getting Pokemon just sitting at home? Do you guys live near Pokestop? Popping essence?

From my house I can see up 10 Pokemon nearby but I've yet to have any actually show up. Wish my neighborhood wasn't shit, I ain't about to get shot trying to catch a Pokemon. Lol

I seem to be pretty lucky since I can turn it on and usually catch at least 2-3 a day from my home. I've been lucky enough to get stuff like a Venomoth or Jigglypuffs too.

This was the situation this evening in Gantry Park, NYC. Masses of people just losing their minds when the Pikachus started showing up.

Related: is it a dick move to not let your friend use your phone to log in and catch a Pokemon when their phone dies?

I mean if you already found the location, it probably takes like 1 minute. That's kinda messed up lol. It's a social game! Unless it's constantly switching for every poke you catch after their phone died then no, cuz that's annoying.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I just started playing this game yesterday. Are the footprints in "nearby" supposed to mean something? I have 9 pokemon on the nearby list, all 3 steps. But then when I walk around, a pokemon that wasn't even on the list spawns. No matter how hard I try to find these "nearby" pokemon I can't find them.

I don't understand what the "nearby" list is supposed to do and how it's supposed to work.

Yeah, before a few days ago, the number of prints would decrease if you were closer. There seems to be a bug or something causing all pokemon to show 3 prints. The distance tracking seems to still be there, because they change order as you get closer to one but farther from another. You just can't tell how close they are. :(

It's been glitched for a few days now.

It's meant to signify how far away the Pokemon are, so you know if you're going the right way, but well, yeah...

Yeah, before a few days ago, the number of prints would decrease if you were closer. There seems to be a bug or something causing all pokemon to show 3 prints. The distance tracking seems to still be there, because they change order as you get closer to one but farther from another. You just can't tell how close they are. :(
It's been glitched for a few days now.

It's meant to signify how far away the Pokemon are, so you know if you're going the right way, but well, yeah...

Thanks. I guess I won't be playing this game then until this is fixed. Too bad, I was excited too.

Hopefully fix is in matter of days, not months or even years.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm at 95/150 and am starting to feel the novelty wear off. Will be at 100/150 once I catch a few more moderate Pokemon for evolution.

But.... This game really needs PvE fighting outside gyms. I don't really see PvP being fun with the current battle system.

I'm actually playing Pokemon yellow again due to this game throwing me on a nostalgia trip. But I can't see me playing it for another week

I mean if you already found the location, it probably takes like 1 minute. That's kinda messed up lol. It's a social game! Unless it's constantly switching for every poke you catch after their phone died then no, cuz that's annoying.
I was with my boy and my phone was the one that died. Right after that a Slowbro popped up and I kept asking him to use his phone for 30 seconds and he wouldn't budge. His reasoning was "well what if better Pokemon show up while you use my phone?"

I was so upset lol

Dart

I've been the guy who's phone dies right when things happen... feels bad man. That's why I just purchased a powerbank off amazon...

adamy

Banned
Anyone notice that lower level Pokémon are becoming a bitch to catch at higher levels, even if they have a low cp? Level 22, ive had cp100 pidgeys break out of a master ball + shot landing bonus + berry...on several occasions

Wtf?

I seriously feel like I'm being trolled

hEist

21 now... Oh, that two days grind. So far I can tell, that I will need 3 days and more for each level in regards where I live.
No new Pokemons in the last 24h and still at 66/66 Pokedex :(

Achieved medals are monotonous and describing the current situation much better:
rnLDFIZ.png

I was with my boy and my phone was the one that died. Right after that a Slowbro popped up and I kept asking him to use his phone for 30 seconds and he wouldn't budge. His reasoning was "well what if better Pokemon show up while you use my phone?"

I was so upset lol

That's the dumbest excuse ever because even if better Pokémon show up while you're using his phone, it's not like they're going anywhere lol. Sounds like he was just being a little selfish.

adamy

Banned
21 now... Oh, that two days grind. So far I can tell, that I will need 3 days and more for each level in regards where I live.
No new Pokemons in the last 24h and still at 66/66 Pokedex :(

Achieved medals are monotonous and describing the current situation much better:
rnLDFIZ.png

On the plus side at least you're getting ultra balls?

Galactic Fork

Dangit the pokemon plus is going to be $35 dollars? that's just about the worst range... Where's just cheap enough that I want it, but just expensive enough that I have trouble justifying for free mobile game.

According to their website they aren't accepting them :(
Well crap! Sorry. Maybe after they finish rolling it out, they'll start accepting them. I'd think this would be a good time to accept. With so many new players, they'd need pokestops in places where there weren't many ingress players..

Het_Nkik

Has the radar system been broken for anyone else the past two days? Nothing is dropping below 3 feet and Pokemon that are nowhere near the top of the list are appearing around me to catch.

adamy

Banned
Dangit the pokemon plus is going to be $35 dollars? that's just about the worst range... Where's just cheap enough that I want it, but just expensive enough that I have trouble justifying for free mobile game.

I still don't get the appeal

So it notifies me when a Pokemon is nearby? K thx for the constant vibrating to let me know that a pidgey and zubat is within range

Galactic Fork

I still don't get the appeal

So it notifies me when a Pokemon is nearby? K thx for the constant vibrating to let me know that a pidgey and zubat is within range

I hope there are different vibrations for differnet rarities. But it also keeps track of your steps when walking so you don't kill your battery with your phone out while traveling. I ride my bike everywhere but I can't keep my game open constantly. This hinders egg incubation.

exfatal

Anyone notice that lower level Pokémon are becoming a bitch to catch at higher levels, even if they have a low cp? Level 22, ive had cp100 pidgeys break out of a master ball + shot landing bonus + berry...on several occasions

Wtf?

I seriously feel like I'm being trolled

you used a master ball on a pidgey? not sure who's trolling who here lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
Just witnessed how big of a cultural phenomenon this game is today. Was walking around with like 15 friends around San Francisco today and it was crazy seeing just about everyone walking around the Embarcadero catching pokemon. And constantly running into strangers giving tips or telling us about rare spawns though some were trolls lol. Also if anyone is in the Bay we caught sooo many Psyducks around Embarcadero.

ViciousDS

Banned
I was mocking the video of that herd of people swarming the streets for one

Mine:

image.png

I don't power him up anymore, he bores me

I sent that NYC video to my buddy. I told him don't worry no one around here is that crazy lol.

Damn dude..... What level are you to get him that high?

Edit: just realized level 22

you used a master ball on a pidgey? not sure who's trolling who here lol

Level 22 and master balls...... Guys story doesn't add up

exfatal

I have more GREAT balls than regular balls so decided to do some testing

Really trying to thin most out for ultra balls tbh

Edit: my bad!!!

holy crap masterballs become common!? or at least common enough for u to have more the 10. well i'll be damned. What level do you start getting masterballs?

Galactic Fork

The other night I was stopped by my industrial plaza's security during my lunch break cause I was riding around a circuit of pokestops in the plaza at 3 in the morning... Not sure if I want to run into him again. *sigh*

I'd probably do it only if it was an absolutely crazy catch. that sounds like a hassle.

Yeah, I'm not going to constantly switch my phone back and forth to catch things that have a better chance of showing up. If it was like a super rare, an evo that takes like 50 candies or something, then yeah, you can use my phone. Not for a damn Pidgey tho lol.

BowieZ

Banned
This is insane right now.

Thousands of people camping out near 5 lure pokestops here in Brisbane at 5:30pm on a Sunday night.

People walking by are stunned.

Top Bottom