• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Oreoleo

What level CP evee should I be looking for before evolving? I have like a 311, 315, 320. Should I hold out for something higher?

On one hand, holding out til you're a higher level will net Eevees with higher CP, but on the other hand, the Eeveelutions are some of the strongest non-normal type Pokemon you can get relatively easily (especially Vaporeon) and not having one will put you at a real disadvantage unless you get lucky with finding an evolved starter or something like that.

I have zero recollection of catching this

Oreoleo

Yeah. On the one hand, the higher the level the stronger the pokemon, but the game to me is still more about catching them all than battling.

Same here. Honestly if it weren't the most efficient way to get stardust I would probably be ignoring the gyms entirely.

Arrrammis

Man I wish there was a way to get 10km eggs besides just pure luck. lvl. 19, 20+ eggs hatched, and I still have yet to see a 10km egg from any pokestops. I guess it just serves to remind me how random these mobile games really are. You can go out and do everything that you can, and still not get what you're after. I know that it's only been about a week and a half, but man is it frustrating.

Oreoleo

Man I wish there was a way to get 10km eggs besides just pure luck. lvl. 19, 20+ eggs hatched, and I still have yet to see a 10km egg from any pokestops. I guess it just serves to remind me how random these mobile games really are. You can go out and do everything that you can, and still not get what you're after. I know that it's only been about a week and a half, but man is it frustrating.
But man. That feeling when you see you got your first 10k egg is so gratifying. I got my first one today at lvl15 and 14 eggs hatched, and my face went full Kreygasm when I noticed ^o^

I...
I just want to be the very best :(

lol. A noble pursuit! Don't let my cynicism dissuade you, just know it's a long, long road to 50.

how many total pokemon are there? and are they all found in each country? or do we have to travel around the world lol
Popular opinion seems to be that Tauros, Mr. Mime (or was it Kangashkan?) and Farfetch'd (am I missing any?) are continent specific, Ditto is completely MIA, and the legendary birds, Mew and Mewtwo are not available yet. The rest of the original 151 are represented and freely available.

_woLf

Played for 2 hours at downtown bellevue park last night, and It was a sight that I had never seen. Literally hundreds of trainers were there...
kids, teenagers, couples, family, everyone.

When there was a rare Pokemon sighting everyone ran towards it, it was crazy. Took some pic..

Planning on going there again because a charizard spawn there a few days ago

TGuujpx.jpg

BjbIVHK.jpg

7g7dDzV.jpg

It was like this when I was there last weekend too. You should go to Redmond Town Center, same thing there...tons of stops with lures!

When I was out today, a lot of people were complaining that the serves were down for what seemed like an extended period of time. Did something happen?

Don't eat any of the pizza in the airport if you can avoid it. I got a NASTY case of food poisoning from an airport pizzeria there. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the restaurant :(

I've been having trouble getting Pokestops to work all day...

Off topic:
Was it Uni's?

I ordered Giordanos to the hotel. It was OK...

shanafan

Pokemon Go has grabbed my attention. Only played it once when it first came out, but went to a baseball game tonight and caught quite a few. Investigated the app some more, and have to say, this is pretty cool!

guek

Banned
Had another great walk through the park with the wife and dog, it was still packed with other people of all ages playing the game. I managed to nab a poliwag and a few desperately needed repeats like pikachu and growlithe. Nothing spectacular but still a good night.

barrin87

Got a few new Pokemon today while driving which was great but didn't find anything good for the hour I was walking through a park with an Incense on. I need to find an area near me that has water Pokemon since I've only caught one in the wild so far. I really want to find a damned Dratini.

eek5

A Pokemon appeared exactly on to of a Poke-Stop, how can I catch it? Can't really click on it without it taking me to the pokestop
Theres really no way unless you hit the right spot. It was worse in beta. Lures would ALWAYS spawn pokemon right on top of the stop and you could never engage them. Haven't seen it happen in live yet at least.

Sealtest

few questions from a new player.

How can I get the game to save my email/password for when i'm trying to log-in I dont always have to keep typing them in?
My friend can get to the safety screen and hit retry if he cant connect but i'm always kicked back to email/password.

Second question is is there no way to link my pokemon trainer account?

Oreoleo

How can I get the game to save my email/password for when i'm trying to log-in I dont always have to keep typing them in?
My friend can get to the safety screen and hit retry if he cant connect but i'm always kicked back to email/password.

Your friend is using a Google account and it seems like you are not. If you sign in with Google you never have to type anything ever (at least on Android, might be different on iOS if you can't save the account at the system level).

Sealtest

Your friend is using a Google account and it seems like you are not. If you sign in with Google you never have to type anything ever (at least on Android, might be different on iOS if you can't save the account at the system level).

thats the odd thing were both using IOS and google accounts and cant figure out any other different besides he's on a 6 plus and i'm on 6s.

dark_chris

Gold Member
Anyone in Chicago coming to the event on Sunday? Apparently there will be 11K people confirmed for it at Millennium Park. My gf and I will be checking it out.

Nosgotham

so i was expecting less activity at our local hotspot after a week of full hype but every fucking spot was lured. 12 stops within 300 feet, 2 gyms. it was epic. usually you get 3,4 stops lured at a time. this game is gonna last longer than i thought

Drove around town tonight to seek out different pokespots. It was kind of entertaining spotting other players lurking the streets at night trying to get stuff too.

Got a couple of eggs, including one 10km one. Gonna go to the park on my days off to try to hatch it.

Muku

The game froze twice before I could actually get this guy, the third time I was sweating thought I was gonna miss out!

KNz5VYv.jpg

Didn't find it in main post, so I hope it's not overly asked so I don't feel dumb. :(

The part above Aerodactyl, the half circle. What does that mean? When it gets down to bottom right, does that mean you can no lower power it up? Had someone ask me tonight and I was like "I don't know." So looking to find out. Thanks, and hope it's not too stupid of a question.

Skrams

Straight up getting failed to login/can't retrieve game data from servers errors during the loading screen. First time this has happened for me and I'm surprised it's happening at 1 AM EST of all times.

Oreoleo

The part above Aerodactyl, the half circle. What does that mean? When it gets down to bottom right, does that mean you can no lower power it up? Had someone ask me tonight and I was like "I don't know." So looking to find out. Thanks, and hope it's not too stupid of a question.

That's the combat power gauge. Every Pokemon has an upper limit to how much CP it can have, and it's different for every Pokemon. Every time your trainer level goes up, all of your Pokemon's CP gauges increase (ie, their potential to be stronger increases but their actual CP will not increase until you power them up with stardust).

Grazzt

Straight up getting failed to login/can't retrieve game data from servers errors during the loading screen. First time this has happened for me and I'm surprised it's happening at 1 AM EST of all times.
Having the same problem as well. Rip servers.

Muku

That's the combat power gauge. Every Pokemon has an upper limit to how much CP it can have, and it's different for every Pokemon. Every time your trainer level goes up, all of your Pokemon's CP gauges increase (ie, their potential to be stronger increases but their actual CP will not increase until you power them up with stardust).

Yeah I hit a limit on my Flareon other day but didn't think about it. Okay so the potential gets raised but obviously have to raise it to get up. Make sense. I figured that's way it worked, but didn't realize that as you level it can also go up. Thought it might be based on when you caught them. Thank you!

What a day. Me and three of my boys packed up in my car and hit the town hard. Traveled up and down the south Florida coast. We were deep in the hood, drove by the most expensive houses on the intercostal, and explored parts of the city we've never seen before. Met tons of people. Got a few numbers. It felt like every pier was a party. An Onyx showed up and the beach went insane!! If someone told me a week ago I'd be driving around with the fellas, singing drake songs and making sharp u-turns to get the pikachu that popped up....i wouldn't have believed them.

Apparently there was some kind of event in downtown riverside. What the fuxk? This is the second event I could have made that I missed because I heard about it too late.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, is there a pool going as to when Nintendo nukes all the goodwill over this game and sends out Cease and Desist letters to businesses putting Pokemon on signs?

What a day. Me and three of my boys packed up in my car and hit the town hard. Traveled up and down the south Florida coast. We were deep in the hood, drove by the most expensive houses on the intercostal, and explored parts of the city we've never seen before. Met tons of people. Got a few numbers. It felt like every pier was a party. An Onyx showed up and the beach went insane!! If someone told me a week ago I'd be driving around with the fellas, singing drake songs and making sharp u-turns to get the pikachu that popped up....i wouldn't have believed them.

This may be one of the only game things that lived up to the super dramtized depiction of the world shown in its ad.

So, is there a pool going as to when Nintendo nukes all the goodwill over this game and sends out Cease and Desist letters to businesses putting Pokemon on signs?

Ones like the Aus zoo's (ie http://www.adelaidezoo.com.au/pokemongo/) Most likely got permission from Nintendo.
I doubt they will go after small businesses for making memes and such

Really sucks housesitting my mothers, she has nothing on the map near her. 1 gym about 300 metres away and about 6 stops within 1KM

I got a water EVEE at CP 613. I'm almost level 15 with about 22k in stardust. Should I level the EVEE with my star dust or keep grinding low level pokes? The water EVEE is my highest level pokemon.

Vaporeon is one of the best pokemon in the game according to data mining on reddit

guek

Banned
This may be one of the only game things that lived up to the super dramtized depiction of the world shown in its ad.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that all day. You know those horrible, cringe worthy segments during E3 press conferences where developers act like their game or hardware will change EVERYTHING like you CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE OMFG

Well, Pokemon Go actually achieved that, if only briefly.

Top Bottom