• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon First Information - May 10th 12:00 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really funny to see that people still don't have the lowest expectations for Pokemon reveals at this point.

I expect a few new Pokemon, probably the starters and a rat or bird to go with. Maybe we'll get a taste of whatever new battle innovation they'll come up with next.

Maybe we'll just get some artwork and screenshots lol

I only expect them to reveal on which platforms it will release (NX or just 3DS), a couple silhouettes and a release date.

If they took this out yet again so help me Arceus.
Junichi Masuda kinda confirmed that the trainer customization was exclusive to Kalos because of the Paris theme.

I won't be at all suprised if it doesn't return until the X/Y remakes. It'd be nice if we could at least select a skin tone again, though.

Junichi Masuda kinda confirmed that the trainer customization was exclusive to Kalos because of the Paris theme.

I won't be at all suprised if it doesn't return until the X/Y remakes. It'd be nice if we could at least select a skin tone again, though.
Lol that reasoning sounds so stupid the more somebody says it! The other parts of the world can't like fashion?!. Switch up the clothing style than to make it region themed(are we thinking Spain for this region right? What was the consensus so far on that)

I'm guessing they'll show the box legendaries at the least, and hopefully the starters. At least I'll be able to figure out which version I'll be getting. If the rumors about the owl-like grass starter (not holding my breath, though, lmao) are true I'll definitely know which starter I'll pick.

Lol that reasoning sounds so stupid the more somebody says it! The other parts of the world can't like fashion?!. Switch up the clothing style than to make it region themed(are we thinking Spain for this region right? What was the consensus so far on that)

I'm just hoping that excuse was just some bullshit to cover the truth that they simply didn't have the time to implement it in ORAS. Same thing goes for the Battle Frontier because the reasoning they used for removing that was even more ridiculous.

I'm just hoping that excuse was just some bullshit to cover the truth that they simply didn't have the time to implement it in ORAS. Same thing goes for the Battle Frontier because the reasoning they used for removing that was even more ridiculous.
Yea no reason why it can't be in this new region,new characters no attachment whatsoever. I chalked oars as OK its a remake fine whatever but not for this

Menitta

wait, there are still people calling it for the NX?

imagine the valedictorian squeezing this in a speech

"Everyone has their purpose in Life. Like how Water, Grass, and Fire are in balance. Maybe one is an owl, one is a- aw jeez, another fire fighting. Oh well. Anyway."

Unfortunately...

It's a lot more consistent than you think. There's the following Pokemon and Pokethlon that never got in another game, Underwater exploration that mostly stayed in Hoenn, and keeping the PWT in Unova. Chances are customization is going to stay with Kalos.

Yeah, it's definitely a flawed reasoning. I'm with you on hoping that the feature will come back with this new region. It doesn't take anything away from the adventure of the game, as they implied. In fact, it only makes the adventure feel more personal. However, it's not unlike GF to reserve certain features for specific regions.

I see a lot of Hawaii thrown around. If that proves to be true - I want my trainer to wear one of those bright floral tourists shirts!

Unfortunately...

It's a lot more consistent than you think. There's the following Pokemon and Pokethlon that never got in another game, Underwater exploration that mostly stayed in Hoenn, and keeping the PWT in Unova. Chances are customization is going to stay with Kalos.

Yeah, and it's going to suck when that hammer hits. Customization was one of the few things I actually liked about Gen 6.

Unfortunately...

Now see stuff like the battle frontier, pikethlon,contest etc I don't mind being stuck to specific it makes total sense a region would have different activities and facilities. It does not however make sense that only one set of trainers from a specific reason likes to change their clothes while the others don't lol

ffdgh

Nice! Finally something to look forward to. Hope we get starters and a new eevee

Hope customization comes back...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
so what happens if we don't get owl

"Everyone has their purpose in Life. Like how Water, Grass, and Fire are in balance. Maybe one is an owl, one is a- aw jeez, another fire fighting. Oh well. Anyway."

I don't think they allowed using smartphones during speeches... do they?

Regiruler

Unfortunately...

Man, the pokethlon was so good. Best part of HGSS.

Me too. In fact I wouldn't mind if they went all out with them like Gen 4 to wipe off the stink that megas left. Give me a Tauros/Miltank baby, a Jynx evo, a female only Chinchou evo, and many, many more.
They're going to keep forgetting jynx exists unfortunately but I would love to see what they could do with a evo jynx was suppose to be part of that trio anyway

Smoochum/elekid/magby
Jynx/electabuzz/magmar
???/electrivire/magmortar

True Fire

It'll be the main character, the 3 starters, and the two Legendary Pokemon. We will get 3-6 screenshots of the main character in a Pokemon center and walking down the first route.

We won't get real news until July/August.

Good god you people are cynical.
After that last troll stream, do you honestly blame anyone? I'm honestly not expecting anything more than the name of the region, male/female MC artwork, the professor's name and 1 starter silhouette.

Of course it's a stupid reason. But then this is Game Freak, their excuses for a lot of the recurring bad design decisions in the franchise are never any good. Doesn't matter though, lack of customisation didn't hurt OR/AS sales so they have no reason to care how many people really want it back.

JoeM86

Even if character customisation is in, don't expect a confirmation of it straight out

The 20th anniversary Direct ending with just the logos and no gameplay/Pokemon reveals was and is teasing bullshit.

Like, they're doing AMAZING things in XYORAS for the anniversary, and there's a bunch of merch, but outside of the Superbowl trailer and that total cocktease Direct they haven't done shit. I cannot believe that a video game franchise that makes billions of dollars annually isn't going to continue its self-celebrated 20th anniversary at E3, or that on the exact anniversary day they hype up an exclusive Direct to just show a fucking logo. We should be DROWNING in Sun/Moon material at this point. Have some goddamn pride in your brand Nintendo/GF/PCI.

In their history, they've never started the true motherload of information of a game released in the Autumn before May.

Ruby & Sapphire was revealed in March 2001, but we had no actual information or screenshots until April 2002 but proper information didn't come until May 2002.
Emerald was revealed July 2004 and released September 2004. Crazy.
Diamond & Pearl were revealed October 2004, but we got nothing about it, not even screenshots until May 2006.
Platinum was revealed and detailed in May 2008. Released September 2008
Heart Gold & Soul Silver was revealed and detailed in May. Released September 2009.
Black & White, while revealed in January, had nothing until April and then no actual information until May. Released September 2010.
X & Y, while we had the info in the original Direct, we got nothing else concrete until May; February gave Sylveon for the movie and April gave Mega Mewtwo Y for the movie. Nothing else until May. Released October 2013
ORAS, we got reveal in May, no new info until June. Released November 2014

Blowing their load so early would be terrible marketing. It's bad enough that they reveal as much as they do (my opinion is ORAS would have been much more well received if it came out in October or they hadn't revealed all the Megas and Delta Episode beforehand).

It's very easy to see how they properly roll out information when you've been doing this as long as me. They'd never blow their load so early.

After that last troll stream, do you honestly blame anyone? I'm honestly not expecting anything more than the name of the region, male/female MC artwork, the professor's name and 1 starter silhouette.

What troll stream? The Pokémon Direct? That wasn't a troll stream.

TreIII

Unfortunately...

Yeah, and it's going to suck when that hammer hits. Customization was one of the few things I actually liked about Gen 6.

Now, see, I'm HOPING that they'll surprise us and prove us wrong.

I mean, how do we go from that anniversary montage video which celebrated how PKMN appeals to people from all over the world. Boys and girls of all ages, speaking different languages, having different skin tones and the like...

...and then we go right back to not having any Trainer customization, at all? It'd just come off as remarkably tone deaf at the very least. Kids, which are the generation PKMN should cater to first and foremost, are going to desire the ability to have an avatar that at least somewhat represent themselves. Let alone old heads like me who's been waiting ages for such a thing.

It'll be REALLY funny/sad if Pokken, a "side game", does this thing better than the next mainstream title.

Clov

I'll be pretty annoyed if there's no customization, honestly. That was one of my favorite features in X/Y. There's no good reason not to bring it back again.

What troll stream? The Pokémon Direct? That wasn't a troll stream.
The TV segment, worded as if there would be some actual footage but instead they just sat there and rewatched the same teaser (which was already garbage as an announcement video) from the direct again. Like why even bother broadcasting that on TV if you've got nothing new to say?

If I don't see the starters then fuck off please.

I seriously only want the mascots and the starters, then I'm good for a few months. Why is that so outrageous?

Unfortunately I'm prepared to see ANYTHING but an actual Pokemon.

JoeM86

The TV segment, worded as if there would be some actual footage but instead they just sat there and rewatched the same teaser (which was already garbage as an announcement video) from the direct again. Like why even bother broadcasting that on TV if you've got nothing new to say?

They didn't troll anyone. They worded it fine.

The audience for the show is not the hardcore enthusiast who goes crazy whenever anything mentions the game and assumes it'll bring news. The audience for that show is young kids who may not be sitting waiting for Nintendo Directs

Hedge

I just hope they've kept character customization!
Also I'd love silhouette reveals, but maybe it's too soon.

I'm fine with whatever they show but after reading all the post in this thread the only thing I'm worried about is trainer customization. That was one if not the main reason X and Y brought me back into Pokémon. Customizing my trainer personalized that adventure for me and my daughter who also played X and Y.

What also makes me feel good about this up coming info is knowing that this is a world wide release and not *cough* Persona 5 *cough*

I really hope it's silhouettes...

tumblr_mix9mk5DD61r0rie8o1_500.png

LOL!!! can I get a link to this thread

I'm fine with whatever they show but after reading all the post in this thread the only thing I'm worried about is trainer customization. That was one if not the main reason X and Y brought me back into Pokémon. Customizing my trainer personalized that adventure for me and my daughter who also played X and Y.

What also makes me feel good about this up coming info is knowing that this is a world wide release and not *cough* Persona 5 *cough*
Cough all you want at e3 they're going to announce that the west gets it the same day!

*cries

Macka

Starters please. And please no silhouettes! We've already known about the games for too long, I need concrete info now. The last few months have been filled with fans drawing up starter ideas anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom