• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'd honestly like to see instead of two versions on the 3DS, make one version on the Wii U and the other on the 3DS for crossplay. That way they can get more people into console Pokemon and there will be more options.

My prediction is Gen 6 for the 3DS...

But if they were smart it would be a new Pokemon game for the Wii U that made you buy the Pokemon like Skylanders.

Would be printing money...

A new Pokemon 3DS game is not exciting for me, so I'll continue believing something else XD

I'd prefer a cross-platform (as Smash) 3DS-WiiU proper Stadium game with WW release for Spring 13

A Stadium game excites you more than a new mainline generation?

I can't

BriBri

I'd honestly like to see instead of two versions on the 3DS, make one version on the Wii U and the other on the 3DS for crossplay. That way they can get more people into console Pokemon and there will be more options.
Innerestin'. I never considered such a scenario. Hmmmmm.

Salaadin

So this is really turning out to be something? Ive been ignoring the other thread so I dont get hyped and then I see this.

Im on board. Lets do this!

Kokonoe

Banned
If they announced Pokemon Stadium 3(an actual stadium 3) with support for all DS games on Wii U, then that would actually excite me more than a new version. HD Pokemon here we go.

Anyone who's seriously suggesting an iOS instalment, particularly one revealed in a Nintendo Direct of all things, is seriously ignorant of the franchise and how it's run.

Functionally speaking, you may as well plead for a Mario iOS announcement.

Best-case scenario: hard "reboot" of the franchise's merchandise philosophy, core mechanics and BW2's philosophy remain intact. Two mainline games, Pokemon Primary being on the Wii U. Pokemon Secondary is for 3DS. Names reflect this and one is subsidiary or commensal as opposed to the mirrored philosophy of the past. TCG also receives a substantial reboot allowing AR codes to be used to find/earn Pokemon on either version, with an overall streamlined "Generation VI Suite" spearheading the experience just in time to get fans on board before the Xbox 420 and PS4.

Worst-case scenario: "EXTREMESPEED GENESECT. HERE'S THE FIRST EXCLUSIVE 10 MINUTES OF POKEMON 26: GENESECT AND THE BAD ENOUGH DUDES COMING TO DVD"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They're going to replace the Smash Dojo with Smash Direct where we'll wait months for an update and it'll just be "You must recover".

LOCK

Pokemon Gen 6 for 3DS + Wii U Pokedex app or Colosseum game that will sync with your 3DS games, collect cards and announces exclusive figurines that will use the NFC chip.

Mass hysteria pursues.

Sadist

They're going to replace the Smash Dojo with Smash Direct where we'll wait months for an update and it'll just be "You must recover".
"W-w-wait! Wha-what is this?

It has a fluffy tail and it seems to be a starter Pokémon?

Do you like fluffy tailed starters?"

/Sakurai

Why would they split versions between console/handheld anyway? Kids aren't exactly able to lug their Wii U around and trade on the go during recess. If they were doing a console game, it'd be its own thing, maybe.

BriBri

Why would they split versions between console/handheld anyway? Kids aren't exactly able to lug their Wii U around and trade on the go during recess. If they were doing a console game, it'd be its own thing, maybe.
I've given it some thought and I agree. However I expect a 3DS gen VI and a Wii U Colosseum announcement with obviously both games working together.

kiri

Why do I feel there will be multiple titles being shown?

- Black 3/White 3
- eShop based Card-game
- Snap for Wii U
- WILD CARD (Melotta's Recital blahblahblah something Rocket-dan)

Pure speculation, natch ;)

Neiteio

*Iwata walks onscreen*

*Iwata spends 10 minutes talking about franchise figures to date*

*Iwata cryptically says, "Amazing things are coming in 2013."*

*Iwata gives the audience a flirty winky and disappears in a cloud of Woobats*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom