• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun for Nintendo 3DS

Everyone sees it. It's a cash grab. Just hoped they were better than that.

That or there are 15 million people who bought Sun and Moon who likely won't be getting a Switch any time soon with current production.

Could you imagine how much worse this would be if it was Switch exclusive?

Geg

Nintendo should not have let that Pokemon Stars for Switch rumor spiral out of control like it did.

A lot of people are going to be pissed.

It's not Nintendo's fault their fans are gullible

Seriously what "leaks" actually turned out to be true other than Mario + Rabbids?

Nintendo should not have let that Pokemon Stars for Switch rumor spiral out of control like it did.

I'm not sure what they could've done. Announcing that it definitely wasn't coming to Switch would have just started speculation of "they're denying it so it must be coming to Switch."

YX6ZTJ2.gif

As someone who basically saw these announcements coming, I'm totally okay with this, and am just enjoying the salt.

I'm torn here- if the content in this game is on a par with Black and White 2, with meaningful and substantial improvements in content and delivery over Sun and Moon, I can live with it on 3DS. If it's just a set of third versions without all of those improvements, they can honestly fuck off.

Of course, the ideal would be a BW2-style leap on the Switch, but that's a nice thing that we apparently can't have.

Yeah that rumor really did not help things. People would be mad / upset regardless but EG claiming that Stars was a thing really upped peoples expectations

That or there are 15 million people who bought Sun and Moon who likely won't be getting a Switch any time soon with current production.

Could you imagine how much worse this would be if it was Switch exclusive?

I for one wasn't looking for exclusivity. I was hoping they were taking the Monster Hunter XX model.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
What a roller coaster haha.

Not sure what to believe and what not to but colour me hyped. A seemingly upgraded Sun and Moon is good in my books, especially if we're getting new Pokemon. The new customization looks great too. Guess I can't retire my 3DS just yet unless the Switch version is true. Not sure why they wouldn't announce it though. Maybe we'll get more info during E3. It's left me with many questions, but looking forward to coverage nonetheless.
Either way this announcement is very reminiscent of BW2 and those are some of the best games in the series.

No one hates it. A lot of us are just done supporting it.

I get that. I get the vibe sometimes that people expected Nintendo to just forget about the 3DS, I'm sure that transition will be slower than them dropping the Wii U. Those rumors didn't help so I can see why people are upset in that aspect.

How do stans defend dis?

I have two people in my house with 3DS and one Switch. I'm not shelling out $600 on fragile hardware that my kids can break so they can play Pokemon.

Not surprised that GAF is incapable of being this announcement from the stance of a parent who buys all their kids' gaming stuff. Stay pulling your puds and drinking your own salty tears.

I sure as hell can't. 240p needs to die.

Yep. I will never play another game again on that blurry little screen.

I have two people in my house with 3DS and one Switch. I'm not shelling out $600 on fragile hardware that my kids can break so they can play Pokemon.

Not surprised that GAF is incapable of being this announcement from the stance of a parent who buys all their kids' gaming stuff. Stay pulling your puds and drinking your own salty tears.

Parent as well and this isn't really a parent issue, it's a disappointing announcement for those excited to finally have Pokémon on a screen that isn't blurry as all hell. I'm glad you're excited, but I don't see why you're acting superior over it.

I'd rather it release on both consoles so the majority of us could play it how we prefer.

Ydelnae

I'm getting Square-Enix not knowing if Type-0 was coming to the VITA too after the reveal flashbacks with all these official statements lol

I don't think it was wrong for them to make another game for 3DS. There's still a huge install base, and I think a lot of people will probably buy this game too.

I think what I was (and maybe a lot of people were) expecting for another 3DS game was a DP remake. That would have been a great sendoff on the 3DS, and then you can put your next generation or sequels on the brand new console.

But I suppose in some ways, the games are tied to handheld, and even though the Switch can be that, I'm not sure the people at Game Freak see it that way.

I wasn't even expecting them to pull another BW2 again but here we are, and I'm honestly a bit disappointed. I'd like to see them do something new and refreshing but....I guess we'll see.

This was a super weird time for them to show it off. This direct should have been just Pokken and GS Virtual Console and then you drop a bigger trailer/reveal during E3. But maybe E3 is gonna be all Switch so that could have been why?

It's not Nintendo's job to keep in check crazed fanboys who latch onto every rumor as fact. "A lot of people" is a relative handful on message board, compared to the millions who don't follow Eurogamer rumors

mazillion

Eh. You just had a direct devoted just to pokemon a week before e3. Why have a direct at all if you were going to save the only meaningful announcement for e3?

I see what you're saying and I kind of agree. But I suppose if Nintendo had a jam-packed E3 schedule they might not have time to devote to these other games? They could be saving all their big guns for E3, and Stars could be a big gun.

And IMO all the games they announced today kinda wouldn't stand out at E3.

Top Bottom