• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Lmao. As if anyone needed any more proof of how small and petty he is.

Hillary and her campaign knew this. Which is why they let the whole thing with Cuban being in the front row out.

Debate hasn't even happened yet and Trump is already acting up about it. Do you think Hillary gives a fuck about Gennifer Flowers?

Not that anything could shake The Unsinkable Hillary Rodham, but what is the summation of Hillary and Gennifer's relationship? Is there any real animosity between the two of them? All things considered?

Because I feel like Lewinski is actually a very sympathetic figure in 2016. I don't know anything about Gennifer Flowers.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Flowers at the debate as Trump's guest. Well, so much for the circus not coming to town on Monday.

I don't really think you can shake Clinton with something like that. Even 20 years ago she'd probably just give a shoulder shrug at most.

Crisco

Banned
I can only imagine the sort of internal conversations Trump will have after he loses the election. "I called Mexicans rapists, I insulted a Muslim military family, I brought Gennifer Flowers to a debate, I did everything right!!! How could I have possibly lost???".

Boke1879

I mean Trump could have easily brought the mother who blames her for Benghazi there.

But nope. He had to try to be petty and play a move that most likely won't shake Clinton at all.

royalan

Flowers at the debate as Trump's guest. Well, so much for the circus not coming to town on Monday.

I don't really think you can shake Clinton with something like that. Even 20 years ago she'd probably just give a shoulder shrug at most.

The thing is, there's no audience participation in these debates, and the camera is going to spend very little time on the audience. So the only way GenniHEW Weeds becomes a thing is if:

-Hillary acknowledges her (lol)
-The moderator asks a question related to her (unlikely)
-Trump brings her up (lol. likely, don't see how this does anything but hurt him, though)

Gotchaye

I don't get it. One of the women who accused Bill of rape who Hillary didn't believe, sure. But what's the angle here other than "haha your husband slept with her"?

Boke1879

I don't get it. One of the women who accused Bill of rape who Hillary didn't believe, sure. But what's the angle here other than "haha your husband slept with her"?

It just shows how petty of a man he is.

The only way anything pertaining her comes up is if Trump talks about it himself. Which I don't see in any world how that helps him.

Hillary could easily just ask him how it's relevant to the debate at hand. No way Kellyanne had a hand in this. For Trump's sake I hope he doesn't try to shame Hillary with her husbands mistress. That won't play well with women AT ALL.

The thing is, there's no audience participation in these debates, and the camera is going to spend very little time on the audience. So the only way GenniHEW Weeds becomes a thing is if:

-Hillary acknowledges her (lol)
-The moderator asks a question related to her (unlikely)
-Trump brings her up (lol. likely, don't see how this does anything but hurt him, though)

The networks will talk about it before and afterwards, maybe even show some shots of them in the crowd.

royalan

It just shows how petty of a man he is.

The only way anything pertaining her comes up is if Trump talks about it himself. Which I don't see in any world how that helps him.

Hillary could easily just ask him how it's relevant to the debate at hand. No way Kellyanne had a hand in this. For Trump's sake I hope he doesn't try to shame Hillary with her husbands mistress. That won't play well with women AT ALL.

I mean, lets be honest. Is there anyone this plays well with besides the spineless simps that make up the alt-right?

I can see women being the most turned off, but let's give men some credit here.

Dave Itzkoff ‏@ditzkoff 7m7 minutes ago
“I'll prove Mark Cuban doesn’t set off my temper by impulsively inviting a guest who makes me look icky and my rival sympathetic” #checkmate

Pretty much. Cuban got under his thin skin.

Effect

The networks will talk about it before and afterwards, maybe even show some shots of them in the crowd.

The media isn't on good terms with Trump at the moment though. Would they even want to acknowledge this and give him any play. Especially with how petty and gutter this is by him? This is just a purely nasty attack by him and in no way shape or form clever. This is what people expected he'd do.

Boke1879

I mean, lets be honest. Is there anyone this plays well with besides the spineless simps that make up the alt-right?

I can see women being the most turned off, but let's give men some credit here.

You right fam.

Remember when we read about how Hillary was prepping for the debate by talking to professionals about how to get into Trump's head?

This is likely round 1 of that. Her and her team literally just said Cuban would be at the debate in the front row. Trump couldn't help himself and sent out an angry tweet and then does this.

Hillary technically did nothing and got this man to do something outrageous already.

kevin1025

Banned
The media isn't on good terms with Trump at the moment though. Would they even want to acknowledge this and give him any play. Especially with how petty and gutter this is by him?

The scary thing is, this might be the least sleazy thing he does Monday night.

Gonna say it, but if the Clinton campaign expected Trump to retaliate, just gave him another media narrative to cover his ass.

A bit dumb.

Boke1879

Gonna say it, but if the Clinton campaign expected Trump to retaliate, just gave him another media narrative to cover his ass.

A bit dumb.

How? This move does nothing for either of them really. The debate will still be of substance. I just wouldn't be shocked if Trump brought up Gennifer. Which wouldn't play well with him at all.

How? This move does nothing for either of them really. The debate will still be of substance. I just wouldn't be shocked if Trump brought up Gennifer. Which wouldn't play well with him at all.

Instead of setting up expectations re:policy, the media will be focused on what effect Cuban and Flowers will have on the debate.

A bit dumb.
I think it gave Chuck Todds of media another "both sides are crap" story, as if inviting Cuban is the same as Flowers.

In the end, its a psychological battle as well. Clinton will not get distracted, whereas Cuban already got under Trump's thin, reptile skin.

Boke1879

Instead of setting up expectations re:policy, the media will be focused on what effect Cuban and Flowers will have on the debate.

Honestly most people here seem to be worried that no matter what Trump has a "narrative" no matter how the debates go. Which I think is a weak defense. The debates will still be about policy and if Trump gets distracted by a man sitting in the audience. Guess what? It's another thing to show he probably shouldn't be President.

Boke1879

I mean is a billionaire technocrat semi-douche a good ally?

Why not? And still. He's just her guest to the debate. That's all it technically is. He introduced her at a rally before. Clearly he's someone who gets under Trump's skin as we're witnessing.

PBY

Banned
Why not? And still. He's just her guest to the debate. That's all it technically is. He introduced her at a rally before. Clearly he's someone who gets under Trump's skin as we're witnessing.
I think he's a bad ally. And I think the more this turns into a circus the worse it is.

Just unnecessary.

Honestly most people here seem to be worried that no matter what Trump has a "narrative" no matter how the debates go. Which I think is a weak defense. The debates will still be about policy and if Trump gets distracted by a man sitting in the audience. Guess what? It's another thing to show he probably shouldn't be President.

I'm not concerning about Trump, it's just how the media deals with this in the build-up.

Boke1879

I think he's a bad ally. And I think the more this turns into a circus the worse it is.

Just unnecessary.

He's a man who's literally just going to be sitting there during the debates. Doubt we'll even notice him. Him being invited is not the same as Flowers being invited. Let Trump go off the deep end. He'll show himself not fit.

Clinton just needs to be above it all and talk about policy.

Btw this thing was already going to be a circus. Trump has already claimed it'll be rigged against him. He's most likely going to bring up and say stupid shit.

royalan

Here's the thing, Mark Cuban is a respected (yeah yeah...) billionaire who has been stumping for Hillary this year. He was likely going to be there anyway. I don't think this hurts her.

Again, likely nothing will come of this...unless Trump mentions one or both of them on stage, and then that's squarely on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom