• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
iqc2quuRynMSZ.gif

Breach ft. Kelis - The Key
Marit Larsen - I Don't Want to Talk About It (Nelsaan & Matoma remix)
Tei Shi - Bassically
Shura - Indecision
LIV - Come a Little Closer
Sweater Beats ft. allie - Dark Matter
Susanne Sundfor - Fade Away
Kleerup ft. Susanne Sundfor - Let Me In
Kylie makes a surprise cameo on Flight Facilities' debut album

A couple of '80s covers for BBC Radio 2:

Kylie Minogue - Bette Davis Eyes
Sophie Ellis-Bextor - True Faith

iqc2quuRynMSZ.gif

Blesses Cosmic for these blessed tracks :D

Also Flight Facilities album slays hard. Lots of the features are dope. Though, I havent reached kylie yet

What's your soundcloud handle so I can follow?

Yesss. It's such a good album.

Apollo, Heart Attack (feat Owl Eyes <3), are my fave tracks.

GhaleonQ

PopGAF, I hate to distract from Taylor Swift time, but a friend and I are wondering if Javiera Mena (brilliant, intelligent, Chilean, lesbian, famous-in-South-America, hipster pop master) could ever reach at least Kyary Pamyu Pamyu levels of popularity here. Her new album came out today, too.

So, I'm wondering how you feel about these 3 tracks, her best, 1 from each album.

Los Olores De Tu Alma https://play.spotify.com/track/5bDW3M3kCeGcB3wzaPylh8 (that chorus build!)
Luz De Piedra De Luna https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atjmVa8k-vc (that subtle then brazen percussion!)
Al Siguiente Nivel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnEQTFkakvU (those synth choices and lyrics!)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

good grief delete big sean from existence please

I can confirm Jessie Ware still slays live. She played her whole album at LA, I was actually shocked how crazy the crowd went for Say You Love Me.

Crowd was fashionable as hell, and I was the only man who was alone and straight in my area. Great time though, fun (and good looking) people.

Yes! I saw her last month and she was absolutely magical. It was before her album came out and so most of the songs she played had never been heard before but the crowd loved absolutely everything.

Phreaker

The only songs I don't care for on Kiezsa's album are either slow or have a rapper on it. I count seven bops, however I love 90s dance/pop so there's that.

Vazduh

Thanks to Phreaker's last.fm account I just had a moment with Medina's Kl. 10, which was my jam a couple of years ago.

My only gripe with her are her songs in English which always sound awkward to me, with the exception of Lonely which is better than the original version.

Al Siguiente Nivel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnEQTFkakvU (those synth choices and lyrics!)

Back to Javiera Mena. Anyway, I like this song, too. There's something charming about her sound, so I'll have to check out those albums. Thanks for posting!

Vitanimus

I need ideas for a logo for my radio show thing. It's just called "the pop show" so I was just thinking of using some stock art of some soft drinks and replacing the text, or maybe a picture of some tea being poured...... but I don't think many people would understand it :(

Keep the votes coming! You can vote for either Robyn or Jessie Ware via PM for the next hour and a half. Only one vote separates the two right now. :)

Latch

I feel like trash bc I haven't really contributed to this game (or thread) at all
just kinda floating along

is this how Michelle felt?

Dany

Banned
Mau ®;136347334 said:
King Calvin Harris, his new alberm, has leaked.

Praying it's good.

It's shit. Like actually, Burnin, Outside and Overdrive and thats it. It's the same song for 15 tracks. I'm generally a big fan of his older work. I like Summer and Under Control but damn man. SO disappointed.

Calvin. Bae.

y u do dis ugh

Sai-kun

Banned
calvin harris album blows

sounds like 18 months demo leftovers

18 months is how long he's been sleepin on the music scene since that album came out

jack u will save us

Sai-kun

Banned
i would just put on skrillex's 'recess' album or must die!'s 'death & magic' and keep interrupting him while we were going at it like 'dude see this is what you could have been what happened'

It's shit. Like actually, Burnin, Outside and Overdrive and thats it. It's the same song for 15 tracks. I'm generally a big fan of his older work. I like Summer and Under Control but damn man. SO disappointed.

Calvin. Bae.

y u do dis ugh

calvin harris album blows

sounds like 18 months demo leftovers

18 months is how long he's been sleepin on the music scene since that album came out

jack u will save us

Not surprised. I clocked this tea 2 years ago. Even had a well known DJ comment on my post about it.

He simply said "Money".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom