• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I'm officially a Swifty now. I've accepted the Lord into my life.

Bless. Let ha in.

ikSS4xa6ziTqH.gif

Mau ®

"This Love" has been growing on me.

I still heavily dislike "Bad Blood". So much that I am considering deleting it.

Style's hook is still eternal.

The Flop

Banned
I just heard that single (Sledgehammer). WAIT. This is actually pretty good!

Best song they've released so far. A bop.

U4e2xan.gif

Give into it a little bit, comes out tonight on iTunes. This is the highest quality version of it I could find so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyWphxS3PQc

This is giving me "Boom Clap" teas mixed with some fun 80s vibe. I'm not sure what direction they want to go in.

The only sad part is Meghan Trashnor wrote it :eek:

Styles

Mau ®;136377226 said:
Wait.

I just listened to the bonus tracks

"You R In Love"

;_______________________________________________;

You can tell who listened to the leak or not by their spelling of "You Are In Love".
ahh.gif
And yes it's beautiful.

One night
He wakes
Strange look
On his face
Pauses
And said
You're my
Best friend

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Anyway, have you hear "Wonderland" and "New Romantics"?

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Mau ®

Stefan™;136379275 said:
You can tell who listened to the leak or not by their spelling of "You Are In Love".
ahh.gif
And yes it's beautiful.

One night
He wakes
Strange look
On his face
Pauses
And said
You're my
Best friend

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Anyway, have you hear "Wonderland" and "New Romantics"?

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Girl bye i'm legit. I just got stuck with the names everyone says now lol

wtGlare.png

"You're in love" is the best of the bonus tracks. Everyone seems to love "Wonderland" but I think it's ok. "New Romantics" SHOULD'VE been on the standard, along with "You're in love" (which could've easily replaced "This Love").

I feel I will like this album less than RED for the sole situation that there's not a single line as powerful as:

Two headlights shine through the sleepless night
and I would get you, get you alone

Nonetheless, as a whole 1989 is the better album. Her discog is shaping up to be immaculate. Her legacy ;___;

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

Has anyone pre-ordered iamamiwhoami's album from her official website? I'm just wondering how much the shipping and import fees are to the US.

Styles

Taylor NationVerified account
‏@taylornation13
600,000 COPIES OF #TS1989 SOLD IN 24 HOURS!!!!! #TaylorOnLetterman

tumblr_ml9gxp40y91qlgr6qo2_250.gif

Has anyone pre-ordered iamamiwhoami's album from her official website? I'm just wondering how much the shipping and import fees are to the US.

The shipping was €10 (about $12) for me. 💀 I live in Austin, Texas.

It's pretty expensive yeah, but if you want a physical copy I think their website is the only place to get it right now.

Also just a heads up, they charge you for the order right away instead of when it actually ships.

Bladenic

Two things:

1. "Pray To God" by CALVIN Harris featuring the one and only indie queens HAIM is an immaculate slay. I need their second album stat.

2. Randomly heard Ride by Ciara today. What a fucking jam. Poor Ciara. Remember 2004-05 when she was ruling the charts with Goodies, 1,2 Step, and Oh? All bops.

Vazduh

Yasssss

Til we see morning liiigghhhht! every niiiighhhht when weeeeeeeee
iqc2quuRynMSZ.gif

The album is perfect too bad these bitches couldn't get it together.
More tracks are coming soon too btw

Yeah, there should be two more videos, but we'll see. I'd love to see one with the girls in it, even if they have to be shot separately, lol

Give into it a little bit, comes out tonight on iTunes. This is the highest quality version of it I could find so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyWphxS3PQc

This is giving me "Boom Clap" teas mixed with some fun 80s vibe. I'm not sure what direction they want to go in.

The only sad part is Meghan Trashnor wrote it :eek:

Thx for the MQ link :D Yeah, my jaw dropped when I read that Meghan co-wrote it, I was like WTF? If it's really true, it's a good thing she didn't keep it for herself. I wonder who produced it, because the beat sounds a LOT like those recent Max Martin mid-tempos (J. Lo's First Love, Ariana Grande's Love Me Harder, Taylor Swift's Style...)

I just really have nothing to say rn. Taylor doesn't do it for me.

tumblr_inline_ndxc6iogd41rz6vmu.gif

Get into Shadity Kane and their B-tier bops.

Two things:

1. "Pray To God" by CALVIN Harris featuring the one and only indie queens HAIM is an immaculate slay. I need their second album stat.

I've got a lil' something to tide you over until that one. Check out this Australian band which sounds a bit like HAIM.

The Preatures - Somebody's Talking

The Preatures - Is This How You Feel?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;136421443 said:
1989 sold 600k copies on the first day.

SHE MUST destroy Shitney's record! She must!!

no.
the album is not as good as britneys
the era will not be as timeless as britneys
and most certainly taylor is not as good of an entertainer as britney is.
The record must stand.

The shipping was €10 (about $12) for me. 💀 I live in Austin, Texas.

It's pretty expensive yeah, but if you want a physical copy I think their website is the only place to get it right now.

Also just a heads up, they charge you for the order right away instead of when it actually ships.
Ugh. That is way too much... but I want the album. I'm just gonna have to work my butt off today at my job so that I can afford it.

So, it was like around 30 something dollars altogether right? Cause the CD itself is like €18 ($22 I believe), so yeah, wow.

H e l p m e

1989 more than surpassed my expectations.

The Lord, her glorious coming of age

Style, Blank Space and Clean are probably the holy trinity right now, but everything is at least very good

HiResDes

Things I'd rather do than listen to a Taylor Swift Album:

1. Watch her mic get snatched by Kanye for an hour on repeat
2. Eat a mayo sandwich
3. Where capri's or highwater pants
4. Buy flip-flops
5. Eat a hot dog with ketchup
6. Listen to a Kenny G Christmas album
7. Join a Walking Dead watching party
8. Work out on a bowflex
9. Compliment a police officer on a job well done
10. Attach a pro-life sticker to the back of my Civic

Hm. I'm not feeling this too much, although I admire her determination. She's crazy talented, but I don't see her becoming successful outside of Danity Kane, unless she reunites with Diddy and Kalenna for his Diddy - Dirty Money project. Is that one even alive, btw?

Some of her delusional fans are calling that better than anything off of DK3 LOL.
The song is alright but nothing special. Dirty Money is dead, anything Diddy touches turns to shit.

Dawn said how he would try to take the spotlight. The other chick has issues with Dawn.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Things I'd rather do than listen to a Taylor Swift Album:

1. Watch her mic get snatched by Kanye for an hour on repeat
2. Eat a mayo sandwich
3. Where capri's or highwater pants
4. Buy flip-flops
5. Eat a hot dog with ketchup
6. Listen to a Kenny G Christmas album
7. Join a Walking Dead watching party
8. Work out on a bowflex
9. Compliment a police officer on a job well done
10. Attach a pro-life sticker to the back of my Civic

Or simply you could not give a fuck?

“It’s my opinion that music should not be free, and my prediction is that individual artists and their labels will someday decide what an album’s price point is,” Swift wrote. “I hope they don’t underestimate themselves or undervalue their art.”
I don't really care for her or 1989 but good. Spotify is literally destroying the music industry tbh. Like yeah, streaming MIGHT be the way forward. But not the way Spotify does it.

I don't really care for her or 1989 but good. Spotify is literally destroying the music industry tbh. Like yeah, streaming MIGHT be the way forward. But not the way Spotify does it.

Honestly, when the internet got big music sales changed for good. iTunes has its part too not just Spotify.

Honestly, when the internet got big music sales changed for good. iTunes has its part too not just Spotify.
iTunes takes a lot of money as well (30%? I think) but it's better than the penny change people get from Spotify streams.

iTunes is still actually BUYING albums, too. You just need to take a look at album sales over the past two years to see what Spotify and other streaming services have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom