• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential NE/MA Snow Storm 2.0 Monday - Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

Nasty here on Long Island- looking outside its coming down hard, on pace for 8 inches or so I think.

Roads are gross right now but drivable- I love winter tires BTW. I had to get forced to make the investment due to my car's stock summer tires but they really change snow driving.

Yup, long islander here too. Sucks out right now :/

br3wnor

Yup, long islander here too. Sucks out right now :/

North shore Suffolk here, commute to Hempstead daily so took the day off, no way I was doing that commute in my FWD coupe. Wife commutes to Cold Spring Harbor and thankfully has use of 4WD and said small cars were sliding all over the place.

Stay safe out there

georly

Hmmm really hope I don't get much at all :( I'm trying to move to a new place and every day I can't drive means more work on other days. My back is afraid of shoveling again.

Mully

Haven't looked at the models in a few days but things have trended west and south on the models the last few days. Everyone from DC to Providence should expect at least 6 inches when the three storms pass by later this week.

Culex

Banned
Just want to add that i was not happy with the forecast for CT with the last storm. 1-3 inches turned into 9 inches for me!

Mully

Models show a brief heavy snow event for Long Island and Boston.

nam4km_ref_frzn_us_4.png

cirrhosis

shit's gonna be too warm in DC metro area when it finally falls tomorrow.

hope bad stuff happens instead so i can chillax instead

Got this in my electronic mail this morning:

Baltimore

Winter Storm Watch

Issued at: 3:46 am EST on February 8, 2016, expires at: 6:00 AM EST on February 10, 2016

...Winter Storm Watch in effect from late tonight through late
Tuesday night...
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has
issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from late
tonight through late Tuesday night.
* Hazard type...snow with periods of heavy snow.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 6 to 9 inches.

* Timing...precipitation will begin later today...initially as
rain or a rain/snow mix. The precipitation will transition to
all snow tonight and last through Tuesday night...with periods
of heavy snow during this time.
* Impacts...roads will become snow covered...resulting in
hazardous travel conditions.
* Winds...northwest 5 to 10 mph.
* Temperatures...in the lower 30s.
Precautionary/preparedness actions...
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor
the latest forecasts.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Where are people seeing these large accumulations of snow? I've watched the local news, checked a few website and it seems like its going to barely touch most places except maybe Long Island. I'm in New Jersey by the way.

Where are people seeing these large accumulations of snow? I've watched the local news, checked a few website and it seems like its going to barely touch most places except maybe Long Island. I'm in New Jersey by the way.

I would like to know this as well. It seems us Jersey folk are missing out on some important news...

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm central Jersey and while cloudy I can see blue sky. This storm must have just missed is.

Mesoian

Boston-GAF reporting: snow's not that bad and the roads are clear. The problem is anywhere that didn't do a really excellent job shoveling on friday is now covered in black ice. I almost fell 3 times on the way to the train. Half the office took the day off.

Work let out at noon today, work at a bank in Cambridge. As my commute is about an hour and 15 one way, hoping tomorrow will get cancelled completely.

Patryn

Boston GAF here. Well, technically Medford-GAF.

Storm was kind of a bust. I ended up WFH, but I don't think I really had to. Maybe ended up with 3 inches? Even then it was light and fluffy, super easy to shovel.

Possibly more coming tonight?

4-hour burst bringing 4 to 8 inches of wet snow is forecast Tuesday across a swath of the mid-Atlantic, including Central Maryland

The area's heaviest snow is forecast along the Mason-Dixon Line in northern Carroll, Baltimore and Harford counties, with lesser amounts to the south. Baltimore city is forecast to get 4 to 6 inches, while Anne Arundel County might see 2 to 4 inches, according to the weather service.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/weather/bs-md-more-snow-20160208-story.html

ATF487

Worked from home today because I saw the 8-12 inch forecast last night and didn't want to get to the office just to leave in the middle of the day (especially since I have about an hour long commute). Just went out a couple of minutes ago to see if I should shovel now

Luckily we've only seen like 3 or 4 inches here in Somerville, but I think the bastards at Boch Collision stole my ice scraper. Gonna have to buy another one before going to work tomorrow.

spyder_ur

Worked from home today because I saw the 8-12 inch forecast last night and didn't want to get to the office just to leave in the middle of the day (especially since I have about an hour long commute). Just went out a couple of minutes ago to see if I should shovel now

Luckily we've only seen like 3 or 4 inches here in Somerville, but I think the bastards at Boch Collision stole my ice scraper. Gonna have to buy another one before going to work tomorrow.

Same thing here. Was hoping for a snow day.

I'm in Somerville too - Union area. You? I feel like Boston has just been anticipating a huge storm after last winter that we've never got. I guess we've gotten a foot in the last 4 days, but it's been relatively quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom