• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-order XenoBlade Chronicles X from Best Buy and get greasy pizza cash

It's not like Nintendo of America are actually promoting the game or anything. Even with the first game doing better then expected or just outright well in spite of Nintendo's actions this new one is still being sent out to pretty much die. The fact that the game got a special edition is still surprising given their lack of action elsewhere. The game releases in a month and nothing at all is being done and I don't expect anything will be done.

Well the fact the Special Edition is still available means Nintendo at least made enough.

Also I've seen these cards in Target for over a month.

fDxMWtV.jpg

It's at least not a full on niche release for NOA.

Fat4all

Banned
I feel like GameStop should partner with Pizza Hut and give away pizza money with pre-orders of most games.

jmizzal

Nice was gonna preorder from Best Buy anyways lol

Will this be only for pizza or like the Mario Kart $10 gas card where you could us it on anything not just gas lol

Riki

Well the fact the Special Edition is still available means Nintendo at least made enough.

Also I've seen these cards in Target for over a month.

fDxMWtV.jpg

It's at least not a full on niche release for NOA.
Those cards have been at Target since like March. I don't know why they sent them out so early.

I don't fall for preorder bonuses that I will eat and poop out in one day. I want something I can keep, like a cheaply made Splatoon squirt gun!

ev0

Why do no Nintendo games get $10 back like MGSV and many big games at Best Buy? The most we get is pizza coupons or badges if we pre order a few games

For the most part the publisher has to approve the promotions happening on their games. Nintendo doesn't want to do the $10 thing, but are willing to do weird stuff like gas and pizza.

You may notice no Sony first party games are ever a part of the $10 back preorder deal at Best Buy either.

solaaire

Neo Member
Looks like this coupon is valid at Papa John's, Little Caesars, and a bunch of smaller chains according to this website. Not sure how up to date it is though since most of the links are broken.

For what it's worth, the Mario Kart 'prepaid gas card' was literally just a virtual debit card that you could use on anything (I used mine online to buy eShop cards or some stuff).

I guess these are gonna be specific, but maybe not!

Ridley327

Why do they always exclude the CE for added bonuses? You're paying more and getting less. Makes no sense.

How are you getting less if the appeal of the CE is that it feature items that aren't available with the standard version? Quality physical items, no less.

YOU HEAR THAT GUYS!? GAME NIGHT IS ON RIGHT NOW! GET YOUR PIZZA FINGERS READY TO GREASE UP THAT GAMEPAD!

What kind of backwards world do I live in where the latest Tony hawk game has no pizza related tie in, but a jrpg does? Pizza tranceds boarders and genres I guess.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The Doritos™ Pope® and his fountains of Mountain Dew™: Code Red™ Gamer Fuel® smile on this day

Jump In and Get in the Game. Because Now you're playing with power, so you can Finish the Fight since It only does everything.

How are you getting less if the appeal of the CE is that it feature items that aren't available with the standard version? Quality physical items, no less.

I'm not getting a damn pizza. They also usually exclude bonus gift cards and stuff from CE versions of games. Its annoying.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
It's not like Nintendo of America are actually promoting the game or anything. Even with the first game doing better then expected or just outright well in spite of Nintendo's actions this new one is still being sent out to pretty much die. The fact that the game got a special edition is still surprising given their lack of action elsewhere. The game releases in a month and nothing at all is being done and I don't expect anything will be done.

Well at least we didn't have to pester NOA for it. Pretty unfortunate that a rushed Mario Tennis takes the Star Fox Zero slot but that's business, it'll sell more on name alone and that's apalling.

But NOA are doing those survival guide videos and did a PAX video, a mini-direct, and promoted it three straight E3's. It could have received even less attention like Devil's Third which IS being sent to die (because it sucks.)

Mario Kart 8 came with a free $10 "gas" card which was just a regular visa card. Used it to buy a PSN card funily enough.

This thread is hilarious in hindsight, because after awhile in the game the whole pizza promotion makes sense
there's an entire alien race that discovered pizza and now they can't get enough of it

Top Bottom