• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seriously, at this point, I'm starting to get worried they aren't going to reveal much about the new system. It's been WAY too quiet.

Maybe Craig Harris was right.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Damn, i need another coffee, been awake since 2 am local time (watched Sony press conference) and fatigue is kicking in.

So, is nintendo going to continue staying in the motion control market? gving the fact that Sony and MS are throwing their money into technology to save their lifes.

Or is Nintendo once again the originator of a gaming evolution.

I have to admit, alhtough I despise Nintendos latest generation Im looking forward to that one.

plank

AceBandage said:
t1307462400z4.png

I don't know if my body is ready.

Prez

giggas said:
Not if you knew what I was dealing with. Trust me. This has been anything but a vacation and me getting some time to myself and enjoying the conference is a good consolation prize as far as I'm concerned. Ha.

What would you rather do, go to some stupid garden for a few hours with a mother in law you can't stand, or watch Nintendo reveal their new system?

I guess I can understand that. I was thinking you were having a great vacation and you let your wife and kids go out by themselves, which wouldn't be fun for your wife.

Which garden is it? That could make me understand it even more :p

1-D_FTW

Plinko said:
Seriously, at this point, I'm starting to get worried they aren't going to reveal much about the new system. It's been WAY too quiet.

Maybe Craig Harris was right.

What did he say? Because I've been thinking for a while now that the lack of info is because third parties have nothing. We got a flurry of info when they first got their hands on preliminary kit info, but fundamentally, it's a typical rollout where it gets debuted before third parties get in the loop. Been hoping they truly changed and were just really lucky with the leaks. I'm not expecting a whole lot from third party footage for this very reason. It just seems fishy.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Wow, no pre conference info by USA Today or CNN? Boy does that make it even harder to miss the live feed. *sad gahiggidy jpg*

Its going to be torture avoiding news of the show until I get home for the DVR replay.

I'm a little skeptical that this icoukd just be a teaser with e bulltet point features... While they hold back on live demos or anything on the show floor. We shall see.

Haunted

Call me a cynical fanboy, but Sony and MS conference left me cold. Like, not even a little cold, but ice cold. I didn't feel anything. Sony had too much handheld stuff which I'm not interested in, Microsoft teased Halo 4 and a lot of Kinect bullshit. I hope Nintendo can deliver where they failed or I'll be a super sad panda this year.

cacildo

So this is it. Its time.

I have my "This is horrible" jpg at hand!

2qn2qzb.jpg

Edit: In fact, "this is horrible" was the main theme of yesterday at E3. Let´s se today if nintendo can save the show.

Sato Koiji said:
So, is nintendo going to continue staying in the motion control market? gving the fact that Sony and MS are throwing their money into technology to save their lifes.

I have to admit, alhtough I despise Nintendos latest generation Im looking forward to that one.

Rumors are the Cafe uses dual analog, but still has some motion control.

Also, of course there are no leaks. Developers won't leak their own games, just the console. And Nintendo won't leak anything. Again, THEY BUILT A FUCKING FORT AT E3!

201.jpg

Haunted said:
Call me a cynical fanboy, but Sony and MS conference left me cold. Like, not even a little cold, but ice cold. I didn't feel anything. Sony had too much handheld stuff which I'm not interested in, Microsoft teased Halo 4 and a lot of Kinect bullshit. I hope Nintendo can deliver where they failed or I'll be a super sad panda this year.

MS was horrible. Sony was pretty good, though. UC3, Starhawk and Vita were all excellent.

JGS

Banned
Gahiggidy said:
Wow, no pre conference info by USA Today or CNN? Boy does that make it even harder to miss the live feed. *sad gahiggidy jpg*

Its going to be torture avoiding news of the show until I get home for the DVR replay.

I'm a little skeptical that this icoukd just be a teaser with e bulltet point features... While they hold back on live demos or anything on the show floor. We shall see.
I was thinking the same thing. This is the first time I didn't know the scoop before conference time.

However, I'm thinking it will be playable. No reason for it not to be. It seems to be following the same trend as 3ds which was playable soon after announcement.

big_z

Sato Koiji said:

Nintendo is going after three markets now. They're making the controller more hardcore port friendly. Wiimotes will still work with the console so that's there for developers. Last and most important is the touch screen or tablet market apple has been growing.

jackdoe

Fingers crossed that Nintendo won't delay Skyward Sword to be a launch title for the Cafe. Cause if they do, I will literally throw my Wii out my window (or just break it). Screw me over once (Twilight Princess GC), shame on me. Screw me over twice though, and fuck you.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
jackdoe said:
Fingers crossed that Nintendo won't delay Skyward Sword to be a launch title for the Cafe. Cause if they do, I will literally throw my Wii out my window (or just break it). Screw me over once (Twilight Princess GC), shame on me. Screw me over twice though, and fuck you.

nintendo didn't screw you over.

Rich!

jackdoe said:

They still released Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, and it was superior IMO to the Wii version. What's the issue here exactly?

Dystify

I'd say Skyward Sword will come out November 2011, no way they'll delay it another 12~18 months. Seeing as many developer had their dev kits since 1~2 years I'm sure there'll be a decent third party line-up at launch, which is exactly what Nintendo wants, apparently.

jackdoe

richisawesome said:
They still released Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, and it was superior IMO to the Wii version. What's the issue here exactly?
They delayed the game on the console that it was supposed to come out on so that the upcoming console would get it first. If that isn't a big "fuck you", I don't know what is.

[Nintex]

Nintendo needs to start the hype train and keep us updated about their new console untill it hits(and not hide back in their basement untill E3 2012). They can really win something here.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Thunder Monkey said:
Screwing over would be announcing for one platform and launching only on another.

or telling you that they had a large sum of money in an offshore bank account which you could help them extract for a small investment, but then when they take your money they actually never give you any money back, and was there really an offshore bank account, was there really? but nintendo hasn't done anything like this since n64 days i think.

jackdoe said:
They delayed the game on the console that it was supposed to come out on so that the upcoming console would get it first. If that isn't a big "fuck you", I don't know what is.

you don't know what is.

[Nintex] said:
Nintendo needs to start the hype train and keep us updated about their new console untill it hits(and not hide back in their basement untill E3 2012). They can really win something here.

Well, once it's revealed, games can be shown at any time. And they'll have a big event in the fall for it.

jackdoe

beelzebozo said:
you don't know what is.
Alright, so if Skyward Sword is delayed on Wii and released on Cafe first, you won't feel betrayed at all? Wow. Alrighty then. Guess I just have a different level of fandom for Nintendo products.

Another E3 with new Nintendo hardware and you can still never tell if nothing been leaked or everything's been leaked......and than probably as usual the truth will be somewhere in the middle and all WTF!

Why are people even entertaining the idea of Skyward Sword being another TP situation?

1. SS is built entirely around the Motion Plus. They've been pushing it as a showcase for the tech. From the sounds of this new controller, it was not made to be swung around like a sword.

2. TP got away with a straight port because the Wii is barely more powerful than the GC. Cafe is supposed to be a proper generational leap forward.

Relax!

Door2Dawn

Banned
I just hope cafe is a future proofed common sense system.

Powerful, but not insanely powerful.

Features that makes since in 2011/2012.

A controller that isn't too crazy.

I mean that is a logical thing want, right? :/

jackdoe said:
Alright, so if Skyward Sword is delayed on Wii and released on Cafe first, you won't feel betrayed at all? Wow. Alrighty then. Guess I just have a different level of fandom for Nintendo products.
No, seriously what you're saying is just stupid.

A fuck you would be "You want Twilight Princess? Pay us money. What Twilight Princess?"

What if the next system is bundled with a wii mote with motion plus built in and the new controller so that both kinds of games can be made from the start without hoping everybody haas a wii mote at home.

Gravijah

MrCookiepants said:
2. TP got away with a straight port because the Wii is barely more powerful than the GC. Cafe is supposed to be a proper generational leap forward.

Relax!

A generational leap from the Wii, of course. :(

jackdoe said:

If moving it to Cafe would improve the game, and the person in question was always planning to buy Cafe, what's the problem here?

Why would one feel 'betrayed' about Nintendo making a better version?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
1-D_FTW said:
What did he say? Because I've been thinking for a while now that the lack of info is because third parties have nothing. We got a flurry of info when they first got their hands on preliminary kit info, but fundamentally, it's a typical rollout where it gets debuted before third parties get in the loop. Been hoping they truly changed and were just really lucky with the leaks. I'm not expecting a whole lot from third party footage for this very reason. It just seems fishy.

He said we'd have a small reveal like the original Revolution reveal and that was it.

I don't feel the way you do about 3rd parties, though--rumors are they've had the dev kits for almost a year now. They've got to have something.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
majortom1981 said:
What if the next system is bundled with a wii mote with motion plus built in and the new controller so that both kinds of games can be made from the start without hoping everybody haas a wii mote at home.
Maybe they'll have a Wii bundle, but I doubt it will be included with the core release because a ton of people do have a wiimote at home and they need to keep the price down.

jackdoe

Thunder Monkey said:
No, seriously what you're saying is just stupid.

A fuck you would be "You want Twilight Princess? Pay us money. What Twilight Princess?"
That would be a "fuck you" to you. To me, whose feelings regarding Nintendo are on very thin ground, and have been on thin ground since near the end of the GC days, it would be pulling another Twilight Princess.

_Alkaline_ said:
If moving it to Cafe would improve the game, and the person in question was always planning to buy Cafe, what's the problem here?

I have no problem with a port. I have a problem with delaying the original and releasing the port first over the original. Go ahead with a port, I say, just release either simultaneously with the original or after.

E-phonk

Banned
MrCookiepants said:
Why are people even entertaining the idea of Skyward Sword being another TP situation?

1. SS is built entirely around the Motion Plus. They've been pushing it as a showcase for the tech. From the sounds of this new controller, it was not made to be swung around like a sword.

Relax!

They should just wait 'till 5 months after Cafe Launch and release "Skyward Sword HD" with better textures and HD resolution.
Problem solved, everybody is happy.

Everybody is doing "HD ports" anyway and I don't think Nintendo will stay behind. I really expect some gamecube/wii era games in HD collection form. They might not announce it now though.

Prez

jackdoe said:

Using the word betrayal makes you seem a bit dramatic.

udivision

_Alkaline_ said:

Cuz you know that means SS will be the ugliest Cafe game outside of shovelware since it's not a ground up game.

Rich!

FoneBone said:
Still betting on the name getting announced in a press release before the actual start of the conference.

Not if it's the "Nintendo". There are no trademarks to be registered, so no risk of leaks - hence no PR beforehand.

1-D_FTW

Plinko said:
He said we'd have a small reveal like the original Revolution reveal and that was it.

I don't feel the way you do about 3rd parties, though--rumors are they've had the dev kits for almost a year now. They've got to have something.

That would be some major backlash if they went that route. Have a hard time believing it's true.

ashbash159 said:
Can anyone tell me what I've missed in terms of Project Café rumours in the last 24 hours?

Nothing.

Plinko said:

Someone pointed out the "A" button prompts from the farcry 3 footage didn't look like the usual 360 prompts.....Then went on to say it would look like crap for cafe launch title lol....

MrCookiepants said:

Relax!

what if the new system comes with a wiimote with motion plus baked in and the new controller. Then porting it to cafe would only mean updating the graphics and NOT the controls since every cafe system will also have the new wiimote.

jackdoe

NinjaTehFish said:
Someone pointed out the "A" button prompts from the farcry 3 footage didn't look like the usual 360 prompts.....Then went on to say it would look like crap for cafe launch title lol....
Haha. I don't think Ubisoft would stealth release the first gameplay from Nintendo's next console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom