• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

dsk1210

Quick question guys, thinking off picking up a wheel for PC, what's a reasonably priced wheel that should work pretty well?

£100 budget, not a huge amount I know.

JamboGT

If you definitely aren't going to use it on console I would go with the Driving Force GT, pedals are pretty crap but the wheel is good.

Jezbollah

Got charged overnight for my PSN pre-order. It'll be ready to play for when I get back home from work this week. IN MY VEINS.

Kysen

Quick question guys, thinking off picking up a wheel for PC, what's a reasonably priced wheel that should work pretty well?

£100 budget, not a huge amount I know.
Interested in a used g27(No box/manual)and can collect from Milton Keynes?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Got my PC key in the email already, now the wait begin. I can't wait to play the game.

I think this crowdfunding model where everybody is sharing profits does wonders for the PR, everybody feels the need to defend his/her investments. I would have done the same if I wouldn't have missed the campaign.

phoenixyz

Two days left and as a team member I still have the game in my library and no discount code. If I don't get the Pre-order and Limited Edition DLCs because SMS can't get their shit together I will be pissed as hell.

Two days left and as a team member I still have the game in my library and no discount code. If I don't get the Pre-order and Limited Edition DLCs because SMS can't get their shit together I will be pissed as hell.

On the forum it states that the Junior and Team Member versions will be disappearing from Steam later today.

Once this has happened discount codes will begin to arrive with those Junior and Team Member backers allowing them to purchase and pre-download.

This is all explained clearly on the WMD forum.

phoenixyz

On the forum it states that the Junior and Team Member versions will be disappearing from Steam later today.

Once this has happened discount codes will begin to arrive with those Junior and Team Member backers allowing them to purchase and pre-download.

This is all explained clearly on the WMD forum.

It was announced about a month ago. Then again it was announced monday last week. And now it was announced again? You can really count on those clear explanations on the WMD forum.

Thanks for the offer, from Edinburgh though so I will pass.

about 12 years ago I had a cheap and crappy FFB wheel and played games that weren't made for it. The bad experience kept me almost 11 years from buying an FFB wheel again, only to find that they are AMAZING (edit: REVELATORY amazing!) if you have a good one and play it with games that know how to make use of it.

Just wanted to drop this here for consideration. Personally I'd try hard to get a good one used instead of going for a new cheap one. I also wouldn't buy a Logitech wheel, but I don't have any experience with the DFGT, maybe they're awesome.

Goldrusher

Media Markt stores in Belgium are already selling it...

6fa2aa4f1836f56173e0fc200ae34813.jpg

06219a8b4b0ebdda95e256682f69180f.jpeg

Mascot

Did you happen to find any info about PS4 Fanatec compatibility from someone with the disc?

I was wondering about this too, as the VVV controller video only seemed to show the Thrustmaster. Or maybe it detected a Thrustmaster wheel so only showed the options for it..?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, this thread moves fast. Can someone link me the list of supported racing wheels? Especially the ones on PS4.

Goldrusher

Damn, this thread moves fast. Can someone link me the list of supported racing wheels? Especially the ones on PS4.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Thrustmaster T300RS
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback
Thrustmaster T80
Thrustmaster TH8RS
Thrustmaster TH8A
Thrustmaster T3PA Pedals
Thrustmaster T500RS

Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 v2
Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)
Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base
Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base v2

Really hoping Sony puts up a preorder today for those of us in North America. Otherwise we are probably not getting a preload on this one.

Ryne

Does anyone know if we would be able to buy the limited edition cars at a later date for PC? There are 8 cars there that I will miss due my screwed up budgeting this month

SPEEDxNASTY

Neo Member
Game pre-ordered, stalking my mailbox for the next days, I hope the wait was worth it.
Can someone tell me if the console version has a livery editor and how it works?

Does anyone know if we would be able to buy the limited edition cars at a later date for PC? There are 8 cars there that I will miss due my screwed up budgeting this month

Aren't the Limited Edition cars included in the Digital version no matter what? The only pack that says anything about a pre-order offer is the Modified Car Pack.

spared

Again, I'm still gonna get it on Wii U just to see what devs are able to come up with (which is apparently quite awesome).

danowat

Banned
A bit dissapointing, its a small detail but at least choosing your own color would have been nice.
Guess we'll have to deal with it...
Thanks for the answers!

I don't have the game, yet, I am just reiterating the answers that have been presented before on these questions.

I think that you can chose a colour, or a livery, for the road cars.

dedhead54

After watching the recent VVV video on the XB1 version and hearing the impulse trigger usage is pretty minimal, I'm torn again between which console version to get. He also said the game felt grippier with the PS4 pad? That is interesting to me.

bombshell

After watching the recent VVV video on the XB1 version and hearing the impulse trigger usage is pretty minimal, I'm torn again between which console version to get. He also said the game felt grippier with the PS4 pad? That is interesting to me.

He also alluded to issues with the XB1 version in the other thread:

No, but that features other issues we'll discuss after the embargo.

So I think you should wait until after the embargo lifts tomorrow morning before deciding which version to get.

dedhead54

So I think you should wait until after the embargo lifts tomorrow morning before deciding which version to get.

It also works out in my favor that the game releases in EU before NA, so there will be 5 days of impressions on GAF to wade through before I pick the game up.

thatJohann

I can't wait for the Digital Foundry face off and see which is the definitive version. I usually get PS4 for multi-plats, but all this ghosting talk has me concerned.

Mascot

I can't wait for the Digital Foundry face off and see which is the definitive version. I usually get PS4 for multi-plats, but all this ghosting talk has me concerned.

Watch the Gamersyde-hosted 60fps videos from VVV and decide for yourself.
I've studied them. I'm not concerned.

Top Bottom